Pup is sick...with what?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

solar-mutt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Pup is sick...with what?

Post by solar-mutt » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Hey, I'm just curious...anyone have any idea what the illness that pups get is? Or possibilities? Distemper and parvo are very contagious so most likely not that...maybe lyme or something? The pups have high recovery rates though

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: Pup is sick...with what?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:14 pm

The chance of your pups recovering depends on game settings. The more difficult, the less likely your pup will survive. In the easiest setting, pups are almost guaranteed to recover from my knowledge. I am not sure if Dave or any of the WQ staff specifically stated what disease your pups get, all we know is that they're just'' 'sick'', however I have heard Dave mention mange a few times, most likely as one of the customization options.

I think part of the reason why the disease isn't contagious is because it would be way too easy for a player's entire litter to die; Wolves have no control over disease, and it would be extremely unfair to the player if a large litter, such as 7 puppies were infected and they all died within a few days, since even spending time with a sick pup isn't foolproof. I think at some point you have to realize certain aspects of realism can also be game-breaking in a virtual wolf sim?

My best guess though is that the pups were probably infected by frostbite, heatstroke, injury etc diseases or conditions that wouldn't necessarily be contagious.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

solar-mutt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Pup is sick...with what?

Post by solar-mutt » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:27 pm

You're totally right, that makes sense. Thanks so much!