Halloween?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

solar-mutt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Halloween?

Post by solar-mutt » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 am

Hi, I don't play multiplayer much but yesterday I was trying to set up a territory to surprise my younger brother so we can play together. It's part of a bigger Christmas surprise. So I decided to etch out our territory in Amethyst (multiplayer) so it'll be set when I show it to him. But as I went to Summit Cairn I noticed a human skeleton sitting up against it with a computer in it's lap. The computer had an upside down wolfquest logo saying there was an error or something. It's pretty cool but I'm worried it'll bother my brother. Is this a Halloween only type thing? Is there more like this stuff and for other holidays?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Halloween?

Post by Neamara » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:06 am

Hi solar-mutt,

Yes, there are an assortment of seasonal props activated at some point
in October for Halloween and another lot will likely appear in December over the Christmas period across all available game worlds. The majority of them can be found in Lost River; they're pretty scarce in Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek.

There's no schedule to denote if and when they'll appear or disappear, but they'll likely be deactivated during the first week of November.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:16 pm

I think I know which decor you're talking about— I don't think it's seasonal since I've seen many players posing with it via Steam screenshots. If a skeleton playing WolfQuest bothers your brother, consider that there is actual gore in the game and your wolf can kill baby animals, the pups can die, there is a mule deer skeleton, wolf skull, and the wolves make distressing whimpers when being attacked by stranger wolves! Also, the map is pretty big so it's hard to stumble across the skeleton by accident. Your wolf will spawn far away from it.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:24 am

-Wolfdog- wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:16 pm
I don't think it's seasonal since I've seen many players posing with it via Steam screenshots.
The Summit Cairn human skeleton with the laptop is a Halloween decoration — at least, it's the oldest seasonal prop in WQ:AE. It was absent last week when I went to screenshot it for the Wiki and appears to have only returned at some point earlier this week. I missed previous years' Halloween events, but I've definitely seen many mentions and screenshots across platforms. Steam screenshots of it from most popular (all time) have publish dates during October.

The only non-seasonal, all-year-round skeletal props are the
elk skeleton and wolf skull.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:48 pm

I didn't know that, it seems like the human skeleton prop is everywhere on Steam. I kinda want to search for it but I'm wondering if it's still there.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

dakers717
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by dakers717 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:37 am

I have seen a human skeleton sitting in a Port-o-potty reading a book on wolves, I think it was in Amethyst Mtn. I took a SS that I will upload later