A couple questions about game saves

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

_Furia_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

A couple questions about game saves

Post by _Furia_ » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:58 pm

I’ve noticed my save files seem to get replaced by newer saves over time. Is there any way to access a save that has disappeared? How many saves can be in place before they start to disappear? And how does Ironwolf saves work into this? Can you have more than one Ironwolf save at a time or only one? And snapshots, is there a way to access them?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: A couple questions about game saves

Post by Neamara » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi _Furia_,

You get one autosave slot for each game world, which will automatically be overwritten at set intervals while you play. As these are shared and aren't per-individual-wolf, it is recommended to make manual saves to have a more permanent backup that can only be overwritten by yourself, so you can have some peace of mind in case you need/want to revert to it later.

Saves that are overwritten or deleted in-game cannot be recovered. If you delete saves through your operating system's file management, recovery depends on how your system handles removed files; similarly, if you have a backup of a save that has since been overwritten or deleted, you can restore it by moving or copying it back into the appropriate My Games\Wolf Quest Anniversary\User Files subdirectory. As for how many saves you can have, I would guess the only limit is your disk drive's capacity. :)

Ironwolf has its own rules. You only get one autosave shared across all game worlds. I'm not sure if you can make a manual save at all in this game mode, but I do know you need to manually delete an ironwolf's game world save to be able to change location, restart, or change wolf if you have multiple ironwolves.

Snapshot usage is restricted to Slough Creek for mate selection, or viewing your wolf's family tree to list all living and dead packmates. It'll most likely be used again in Tower Fall.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit