Game freezes when trying to login / reset password

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Little Bird
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Game freezes when trying to login / reset password

Post by Little Bird » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm

Hi! I'm trying to log in to my account in order to recover my game files (I had to re-download the game). However, when I go to the log in page and try any of the options (logging in, forgot password, etc), it freezes after clicking submit and will not do anything. I've sat as long as fifteen minutes with the "Logging in" pop up and it won't allow me to do anything. I can't exit that menu or type anything in. The same thing happens when I use the "forgot password feature". It stays stuck on the "Submitting Request" pop up, and won't allow me to type in the information that I receive to my email.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Any suggestions or things I can do? I really want to keep my game files! :(

soft_descent
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Game freezes when trying to login / reset password

Post by soft_descent » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Hm. :/ I'm having this problem, too, but with a new account. I didn't restore my old one. Hope someone can help us out with it.
Anybody else just really hate lawns?

Spotify: trolltunga
Reddit: soft_descent

Wolvden: soft_descent

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Game freezes when trying to login / reset password

Post by Neamara » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi Little Bird,

Apparently, there's a bug relating to login feedback in the current release. Not sure how far it extends, so you'll need to contact loboLoco using the provided e-mail address in the quoted message below for help with this problem in the meantime.
loboLoco wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:59 pm
there is a bug in the current patch so it doesn't show you useful feedback when there's a problem when logging in. Will be fixed in the next patch, but in the meantime, press F11 to submit a bug report after it gets stuck on "Logging In" -- be sure to include your username and email address in the report. Then also to make sure we find the bug report quickly, email us at info@wolfquest.org and we'll see what the error is and reply. Sorry about that!
Source: Official WolfQuest Discord, #wq-support channel - permalink
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit