Mate dies in winter

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

alleykat3000
Pup
Pup

Mate dies in winter

Post by alleykat3000 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:43 pm

I was just wondering, what would happen if a female mate happened to die in winter? Would you have to court with a new wolf before moving onto Spring, or would it be something completely different? I've been wondering for quite a while, since things do tend to happen.
"You survived what you thought would kill you.
Now straighten your crown and move forward like the queen you are."

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Mate dies in winter

Post by Neamara » Sat May 29, 2021 5:12 am

If a female mate dies while she is expecting pups, her death will kill your unborn litter. In this situation, it's an instant game over if your wolf is male. You aren't given any opportunity to continue playing beyond this point since gray wolves will only breed once per year.
The standard gray wolf's mating season takes place in February to March. [...] The gestation period (length of pregnancy) of gray wolves is usually around 63 days. Wolf pups are born in spring time.
Source: READ!: Wolf Q&A - Frequently Asked Questions (Updated)

If a female mate dies after the pups are born, the game will trigger the 'Find a New Mate' objective. From there, you would be able to continue mateless or court a new partner.

If your pair is same-sex... sorry, I don't know what the outcome will be.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat May 29, 2021 4:12 pm

That's really interesting, I've never thought of that before. It makes sense though.
Neamara wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:12 am
If your pair is same-sex... sorry, I don't know what the outcome will be.
Also, just to clarify, I'd like to point out that same-sex pairs are not possible in Wolfquest, it wouldn't work with the current game system, unless if you manage to find a bug, but even then it has been patched if I remember correctly.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat May 29, 2021 5:13 pm

-Wolfdog- wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:12 pm
Also, just to clarify, I'd like to point out that same-sex pairs are not possible in Wolfquest, it wouldn't work with the current game system, unless if you manage to find a bug, but even then it has been patched if I remember correctly.
From what Wiki contributor Cuyut has reported through playtesting, the same-sex trick still exists, and is still possible. Cuyut's comment and.
  • Edit:
Did a quick test using these instructions. Can confirm it is still very much possible in the 1.0.7c public beta.
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Neamara on Sat May 29, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit