Crashing and Ironwolf

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Crashing and Ironwolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri May 07, 2021 11:52 am

WolfQuest will crash for me rather unpredictably, but this may happen at least once a day. This usually occurs when I'm saving a game, but it may also occur when the game is auto saving or when I'm in multiplayer (almost always in the forest, hunting, or fighting, in which case it requires a lot of power to process for my PC).

When my game crashes, I may receive an error such as "fatal error" and/or I may be forced to "terminate the program". Sometimes, I'm given no error at all and the game freezes and exits me to my desktop. I have more than enough storage for WolfQuest, so I suspect it may be a graphics card issue since I've received a warning about my FPS being too low.

After the crashing incident, I can often reload the saved game normally (it hasn't been a significant issue up until this point).
Unfortunately, as I was playing Ironwolf and went to save my game (I wasn't really sure if you could manually save it, but decided to give it a try) WolfQuest crashed. This wouldn't have been that big of a deal if I was playing on normal game mode because I could've load an uncorrupted file instead, but since there's only 1 file when playing Ironwolf there's no way to do that. Now every time I try to get into my saved Ironwolf game, WolfQuest continues to crash. I've tried to get in it 4 times now.

I'm not sure if there's any way to fix the issue, but I think Ironwolf games should have some sort of safety net in the event that a player's PC fails to properly save it );
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾