Issue with Friends Joining Games

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

occult

Issue with Friends Joining Games

Post by occult » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Recently, I bought my friends the Anniversary edition of the game so we could all play together, however, whenever I hosted the game, they were unable to join and received a message that said something along the lines of "Your FPS is too low." Whenever one of them hosted, there was no issue whatsoever (except for the fact that they would both drop from the game, ending the session). I'm the one with the higher power machine, so me not being able to host creates a lot of issues for them (especially with the disconnecting problem they experience). This was not a problem in Classic, which we rotated to after being unable to host or maintain a game in Anniversary.

Is there any known way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I x am x the x Revenant
Dressed well and decadent
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Issue with Friends Joining Games

Post by Koa » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:05 am

I’ve never heard of this happening myself (or had it happen to me that way, though I’ve been dropped before from servers because of crashing). Have all of you tried kind of a “control” game where you *all* use the lowest graphics settings and see what happens/if that FPS warning goes away? Try this too and compare on Lost River versus Amethyst Mountain for example.

occult

Post by occult » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Koa wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:05 am
I’ve never heard of this happening myself (or had it happen to me that way, though I’ve been dropped before from servers because of crashing). Have all of you tried kind of a “control” game where you *all* use the lowest graphics settings and see what happens/if that FPS warning goes away? Try this too and compare on Lost River versus Amethyst Mountain for example.
We have! They have to use the lowest graphic settings regardless so the game runs better on their computers, so while we were testing I lowered mine to the bare minimum as well to see if it helped anything. One of them was able to get into a loading screen, but inevitably they both got the same FPS warning and were unable to join. We tried on both maps as well - it's odd because it's only an issue when I try to host.

At the time, they were getting around ~30-40 FPS, so even when we all lowered the cap to 30 FPS, they would still be unable to join with that warning despite having the cap.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I x am x the x Revenant
Dressed well and decadent
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu May 13, 2021 7:50 am

Sorry for the delay - not sure if this resolved for you yet. I would have to guess that if you’re the one hosting with the more powerful machine, it’s possible that by default the game you are hosting is too much for them (regardless of your individual graphics settings)? It sounds like their system specs aren’t great. I don’t know if that’s the best/most technically sound explanation, but if you all are able to host in Classic with no issues, I don’t think it’s a connection issue and instead is more likely an issue with the difference in your systems (or for them, lack of system strength when they host). Having your/their specs would be helpful. If possible, I would have you/your friends send in a report via F11 to see if there’s anything the team can do to help refine that in future updates.