Sudden drop in FPS

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Sudden drop in FPS

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:56 pm

This issue happened about a week ago, give or take. Recently my game dropped severely in FPS. Instead of, say, almost 40 FPS on Fantastic, it's now 2 FPS on Fast. Changing the graphic level didn't help at all. Has this been happening to anyone else? I've experienced a similar issue in the past too, but usually the game completely froze rather than moving veryyy slowly. This bug typically resolves on its own/via update by the wolfquet dev team. I guess I'll probably have to wait for the next update then.

[edit]
This issue is STILL not fixed, even after yesterday's update. I tried to load a game with the extremely slow FPS, and all it did was flicker and exit me to my desktop. It's really frustrating. I know that it's not my computer because this hasn't happened to any other game, and prior to this, it worked flawlessly. I purchased a DLC and I would like to actually use it.

[edit]
The issue fixed itself it seems without any apparent update!
Last edited by -Wolfdog- on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Sudden drop in FPS

Post by Neamara » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Yeah, same problem with the framerate dropping, but not the crashing/freezing -- this has been ongoing both in single player and in multiplayer, regardless of graphics quality presets.
Something's definitely wrong with 1.0.6o.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: Sudden drop in FPS

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:51 pm

That's really weird. I haven't been able to submit a bug report or anything, at least in-game. Hopefully this bug will be fixed ASAP. I just purchased the DLC and wish I could use it :/
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾