Family tree trouble

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Jinaga
Name: Jay

Family tree trouble

Post by Jinaga » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:51 pm

So I made a little mistake and accidentally deleted one of my wolves's family trees after the final family snapshot, and was wondering if there was a way to, say, revive it with all the puppies? I have a saved game of that particular wolf with all their puppies in the Endless Summer quest, but the family tree option is no longer available. I can't find any info about it anywhere and I'm a bit stuck on what to do now

life goes on, let's live on ♡
av ✦ lupe

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Family tree trouble

Post by Neamara » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:49 pm

Hi Jay32,

If at all possible, reload a save prior to completing the rendezvous objective and then re-complete it again for the game to generate a new snapshot; if you don't have previous saves and assuming you deleted the family tree through the game, it may be irreversibly lost if you didn't make a manual backup.

If the tree was deleted via your operating system filesystem, you might have a chance to restore it through restoration/recovery tools. (No guarantees.)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Jinaga
Name: Jay

Re: Family tree trouble

Post by Jinaga » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:44 pm

Ah darn. Unfortunately that save is the only one I have with that particular wolf, and nope, no manual backups either. I had been expecting that to be the case but I thought I'd ask anyway to make sure of myself. Thanks for the help, Neam! :)

life goes on, let's live on ♡
av ✦ lupe