License terms - game sharing on a single PC?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

paulcouldbehere
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

License terms - game sharing on a single PC?

Post by paulcouldbehere » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:12 am

Hi,

I've searched the forum and the website and I can't see the answer to this - apologies if I've missed it somewhere. I'm hoping to buy a copy of this game for my children to share - both are obsessed with it, but one is pretty you (significantly under 9) and unlikely to get massive benefit from it.

I planned to use family sharing on Steam, but that's disabled - I do understand why.

I've been trying to find the terms and conditions to work out if an itch.io-purchased copy can be legally shared between multiple users on a single PC, but I can't find them or any related forum questions. Is it a per-user or per-machine license?

I'm not trying to bend the rules. If it's not permitted, most likely I'll end up buying them a license each.

Thanks a lot,
Paul
  • POST MERGE
I'm feeling a little disappointed that I apparently need to sign up to a contract before I'm allowed to know the terms of that contract...
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post in accordance with the forum guidelines.

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: License terms - game sharing on a single PC?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:21 am

Do you mean by sharing between multiple users, 2 or more people can create an online account on the same copy? If so I have never heard of this being against the rules. However, if you mean just letting both of them play on the same computer without an account that should be fine.I'm assuming the latter is what you're referring to considering they both sound too young for an online account.

And, technically, you can "family share", or go cross platform, all you have to do is create an account for the game and it automatically transfers across platform. I know that my 3.0 account is from the 2.7 mobile version.

I may have misunderstood, let me know if this wasn't clear.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

paulcouldbehere
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: License terms - game sharing on a single PC?

Post by paulcouldbehere » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:16 pm

Thanks -Wolfdog-,

I'll buy an off-Steam copy and give it a try - ultimately if it doesn't work for me and I have to buy too copies, so be it.

Kind regards,
Paul