Tips for raising pups on Accurate? (WolfQuest AE)

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

VioletRose6
Pup
Pup
Name: Violet, VioletRose

Tips for raising pups on Accurate? (WolfQuest AE)

Post by VioletRose6 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:45 pm

So I know that it is a very hard difficulty, and that there is a pretty high chance of losing pups, but do you have any tips? I have played pups on accurate twice, and both times I have lost two pups. I have singled out my main problem is keeping my health as high as possible. So, any tips about how to keep your health pretty high? I lost some of my pups because wolves attacked me and I didn't have the health to run them off. What is some prey that you can hunt that you take the minimal damage possible?
Thanks in advance! :wolf:
How can you sit there, on this planet made of stardust, that was once thought to be flat, and still not believe anything is possible?

-VioletRose6

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Re: Tips for raising pups on Accurate? (WolfQuest AE)

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:44 pm

My biggest tip, (as someone who’s played slough creek on accurate a grand total of once) is to not try and keep your territory huge. It wastes a lot of energy running around you could be using for other things.
I’ll update this when I have more tips.
That's a bit odd, don't you think?

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Re: Tips for raising pups on Accurate? (WolfQuest AE)

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:45 pm

Mule deer with twin fawns is perhaps the easiest prey (besides rabbits) that I can think of. Mule deer in general are much easier to kill, but it's usually not worth going after the bucks and lone doe because they run too fast, and consequently, will waste time and health. Elk fawns and moose calves are alright too, except the mothers can easily disrupt your search.
I also second the territory thing. I keep my territory at a steady 15 hexes and will only mark them if it goes to 30% or lower. Attempting to claim 30+ hexes is way too much unnecessary effort. I always attempt to find a den in the center of my territory where stranger wolves will have to pass through multiple hexes with varying rates of decay, therefore I can find the strangers easier on my patrols.
Usually when I'm in a fight with stranger wolves I lead them away from the den (9/10 times the pups will be safe in their den, so it's not a big deal unless it floods or their affinity drops), far enough where they'll run into enemy territory and back off, or they may give up.

Remember: Health is precious in the wild, and this also applies to virtual wildlife simulation games. If you feel like you won't be able to kill prey, then don't. Look for something else. Being hungry with low health and starving puppies is not a good combination. It's a conundrum. If your wolf is too weak from hunting, they need to rest. But since your wolf is hungry, resting won't recharge your health. It's best to prevent this situation altogether.

I switched my mode to easy after having the pups. There's no shame in going easy :P because it's usually nearly as difficult.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾