How to make mate patrol (Slough Creek)

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

How to make mate patrol (Slough Creek)

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:07 pm

How do I make my mate patrol the territory by himself? He only did it once at the beginning of the Pup rearing quest. Does he just do it on his own or do I have to command him? I've tried several emotes but none are giving the desired results.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Sasseraph
Name: Sass

Re: How to make mate patrol (Slough Creek)

Post by Sasseraph » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:15 am

Mates will head out own their own depending on their personality, but if there's no reason to (don't need food, territory is fine) or their personality is less inclined to leave on their own, they won't. There's no "please leave" command, only the whine to invite them to come with you or the soft woof to ask them to go home while out, however they do whine to invite you to go with them as well if they decide to go out to hunt or mark (which you can ignore and they will then leave to do it on their own). I find mine are most likely to head out to mark weak hexes.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:20 am

I'm not sure that's possible; I noticed my mate went off patrolling more often while we were settled at the small rockpile "Saddle Meadows" den, but since using my Amethyst Mountain mate save to migrate and start a new game in Slough Creek again, he's spending more time lounging around since we settled at abandoned wolf den C and so far I've only seen that he patrolled once. Since then, he's stopped. Not sure if something changed in a recent update or if it's an area-specific behaviour... I'm starting to wonder if their patrol route is determined by the location of scent posts...? I could be wrong. ^^;

The only mate commands include whine to follow while they're nearby, double-H howl to call them when they're far away, or woof to command them to go home. Those are the only commands mentioned in-game in the quest interface.

Sasseraph wrote:however they do whine to invite you to go with them as well if they decide to go out to hunt or mark (which you can ignore and they will then leave to do it on their own)
Interesting... I haven't yet had my mate invite me to join him yet. (What a pest!)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Tue May 04, 2021 2:30 pm

My mate patrolled again for a second time, however this was over a month ago shortly after an update was released. It's strange, I know that it might depend upon their personalities but I would've expected way more than 2 patrols in the past 5 months.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾