WQ3 Early Access Bugs and Glitches Encountered So Far

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Destinator8
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

WQ3 Early Access Bugs and Glitches Encountered So Far

Post by Destinator8 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Since I could not find an official thread to report these on (and the in-game reporting hotkey does not seem to function Fixed with EA v1.0c. ),
I thought it would be a good idea to document all of the bugs that I have encountered so far as a reference for the community in addition to reporting them in-game. I plan to update this list as I continue to explore the early access. If other people are having similar issues it would be great to have supporting reports. Thanks!

For reference I am playing on max settings with an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU, NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU, and 16 GB of RAM.

Major Issues:
  1. Consistent hitches and fps drops occur about every 30 seconds. It seems it could be related to loading new areas of the world?
  2. Fixed with EA v1.0g. Adding custom markers to the map sometimes crashes the game to desktop. Link to output log.
  3. Fixed with EA v1.0g. 1080p is the largest supported screen resolution and there is no option for 2k or 4k.
  4. Fixed with EA v1.0c. Initial world creation and loading takes many minutes. Can allegedly be reduced by lowering graphics settings. (This is planned to be addressed in the first patch)
Minor Issues:
  1. When doing courting sometimes the other wolf would become stuck running into rocks and other objects.
  2. The tail of the wolf bends oddly when turning the mouse. Not sure if intentional or unintentional.
  3. The top tips of trees in the mid-range loading distance are sometimes white. Close and far away trees are not affected:
  4. Fixed with EA v1.0c. This rock on the cliffs does not have hit detection enabled. I could not find a way to share XYZ coordinates so here is a screenshot of the rock and map location:
  5. Fixed with EA v1.0c. This entire ridge of rocks has hit detection disabled:
Last edited by Destinator8 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WQ3 Early Access Bugs and Glitches Encountered So Far

Post by Neamara » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:37 pm

For bug reports, it's best to use the in-game feedback form if possible-
Nick wrote:Please, if you can, use the Feedback form to submit bugs, it sends us a high quality log, a screenshot of what your camera is looking at ingame, and a copy of the Gamestate so we can load up the game as if we were sitting there beside you, so we can find out what's wrong. It's pretty handy.

To use it, use the [F11] key, or the [F12] key if the [F11] key doesn't work for you.
Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/926990/d ... 990253124/
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit