WQ3 loading screen takes forever?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

x1103
Pup
Pup

WQ3 loading screen takes forever?

Post by x1103 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:07 am

Now I have never in my life seen such beautiful nature images, especially in a game's loading screen, but uh this has taken a while... I am trying the game for the first time with a gaming laptop I got today. It has all the "recommended" specs. So is this supposed to happen or is something wrong? I haven't taken time but it'd guess it is close to 10-15 minutes now... which is quite long imo. :shock:

Not sure if it's okay to post this here, sorry if it is the wrong place.

Edit: Okay the game started now, but the question still remains, is it normal for it to take that long? It's cool if yes I just want to know. :D
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Re: WQ3 loading screen takes forever?

Post by PearlyReborn » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 am

The first time I ever loaded the game up it took forever, but since then it's been faster. That might be the case for you. Try loading it up again and see if it has improved.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:23 am

This issue is one that has been commonly reported so far (and one I believe will be fixed soon).
One workaround is to make sure you initially load the game on the lowest possible graphical settings (you can change them to whatever you like in the game menu afterwards).

If you cannot change the graphics quality anymore and you're on Windows, try the following instructions courtesy of SolitaryHowl:
- Go into Windows's search bar and type in Registry Editor / press the Windows key + R and type in "regedit" to open the registry editor;
- Navigate to this file path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eduweb\WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition;
- Under 'UnityGraphicsQuality_h1669003810', under 'value' type in 1. Then click ok. Restart computer.

Let us know if the above is of any use!

Fenrir1105
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Fenrir

Post by Fenrir1105 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:03 am

I too have dealt with this issue as well, and I have an AMD Ryzen 5 1500x CPU, 24GB Ram, and a 1050 Ti.

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:58 pm

I am also having issues staring WolfQuest 3..

After a long waiting time of trying to get the game to run normally, in which case, it doesn't.. Whenever I get close to actually running the game, it gets stuck on a certain screen. It appears to be the new Amethyst Mountain Map, and it will not run any further than that..

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

Will this be fixed in the future?
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~The deeper you go, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the deeper you go~.
~Relax Deeper~

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:43 pm

Please make sure your read paperpaw's post: you need to follow the steps listed there. The issue does seem to plague even good computers that would otherwise be able to handle WolfQuest, so having your settings start off on low is really important regardless.

And yes, Dave said this issue would be fixed in the most recent blog post.

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:33 am

Koa wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:43 pm
Please make sure your read paperpaw's post: you need to follow the steps listed there. The issue does seem to plague even good computers that would otherwise be able to handle WolfQuest, so having your settings start off on low is really important regardless.

And yes, Dave said this issue would be fixed in the most recent blog post.
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. Also, I did read Paperpaw's post and I followed all the steps provided.. But nothing worked for me sadly. But I'll keep up to date on things and see if anything gets better.
[Hypnotic Phrases]:
~The deeper you go, the better you feel. And the better you feel, the deeper you go~.
~Relax Deeper~

Jadeye
Pup
Pup

Post by Jadeye » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:47 am

paperpaws wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:23 am
This issue is one that has been commonly reported so far (and one I believe will be fixed soon).
One workaround is to make sure you initially load the game on the lowest possible graphical settings (you can change them to whatever you like in the game menu afterwards).

If you cannot change the graphics quality anymore and you're on Windows, try the following instructions courtesy of SolitaryHowl:
- Go into Windows's search bar and type in Registry Editor / press the Windows key + R and type in "regedit" to open the registry editor;
- Navigate to this file path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eduweb\WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition;
- Under 'UnityGraphicsQuality_h1669003810', under 'value' type in 1. Then click ok. Restart computer.

Let us know if the above is of any use!
That incredibly dangerous. If someone makes a mistake there, your entire computer will be dead, all data that isn't backed up gone, and you will have to reinstall your entire operating system.

I can tell you from experience that even messing with things that seems small and unrelated will still be a risk. If you are desperate to play the game and must try this, backup everything first. Have a os installer on hand.
There is a reason every IT only messes with the registry if it is the only liable solution left
I am back, the dream has come true. Thank you developers for the fantastic game!