Wolfquest Anniversary Edition Release Timer

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

EchoLagoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Karma

Wolfquest Anniversary Edition Release Timer

Post by EchoLagoon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:02 pm

Hey guys,

I'm not very active on here but I've seen pretty much every devlog video on YouTube for Anniversary Edition of Wolfquest and I'm very excited to hear it's coming out on the 25th! (That's tomorrow for me!) I don't know if I'll get an answer before it comes out, and I suppose once it comes out this question won't be valid anymore, but I figured it's worth a shot. See, I noticed that on the steam page it says the game is coming out in approximately 11 hours as of the time of posting, which for me would be about 4am. But, on the devlog forums (Here!) it has a timer that says it's coming out in 23 hours, which is about 4pm. Which is it? 4am or 4pm?

I'm leaving to visit my dad (who's training for a promotion to become an electrician in Detroit) on Friday, so I won't have access to my computer all weekend. It'd be a shame if it came out 4pm tomorrow and I only had a few hours to play with it before I had to sleep. But, alas, it'd be nice to know regardless. If anyone knows, please post something here!
Thanks,
Echo

P.S. I doubt anyone knows this except maybe the devs, (although I could be surprised) but maybe if this thread gets a lot of activity they'll take a look at it. So, if anyone else wants to know then please bump the thread for me!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Wolfquest Anniversary Edition Release Timer

Post by valkea » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Steam countdowns aren't always accurate, the forum countdown will be the more accurate one since it's set by the devs and not by Steam, who are uninvolved with the game other than distribution. Steam seems to be counting down to the day of the release, while the forum countdown is counting down to the actual release.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

EchoLagoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EchoLagoon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! That's disappointing, but thanks for letting me know so at least I don't have my hopes up. Out of curiosity, is there still a chance it'll release at 4am, or are you 100% certain it won't? I apologize if that's a redundant question, I'm just not sure if you're making an educated guess here or if you have access to information that I don't.
Thanks again,
Echo

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:34 pm

The timer on the developer's blog is configured to 2PM PDT based on this. As this was the time given by the developer, PDT converted to your timezone ought to give you a more approximate idea of when the update launches as opposed to the one shown on Steam.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

EchoLagoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EchoLagoon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:40 pm

All right, thanks guys! That translates to a roundabout 5pm here, so at least now I have my answer. I don't think I can close this thread myself (correct me if I'm wrong) but you can do so if you'd like.