How to save game data in 2 files at once automatically?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Jewel Fazbear
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Jewel Wildmoon

How to save game data in 2 files at once automatically?

Post by Jewel Fazbear » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:25 am

I like to keep a backup of all my Wolf Quest data. But it's really inconvenient having to continuously copy and paste them into my backup folder. How to I save game data for all Wolf Quest versions in the original data folder and a backup folder at the same time automatically on Windows 7?
Never be afraid to think outside the box

FuzzyDesertPaw

Re: How to save game data in 2 files at once automatically?

Post by FuzzyDesertPaw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:43 am

I've never heard for problem like this,look I often reinstall WolfQuest and I don't have any problems to save my data. Wait did you purchse WolfQuest or make account? Because if you don't make an account you can't save your data,it syncs by the account. :)

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:57 am

Hello Flippy, could you please specify which version of WolfQuest you are referring to? As FuzzyDesertPaw said, WolfQuest 2.7 creates a backup on the online server, in which case you wouldn't have to worry about keeping a separate backup up to date.

If you mean WolfQuest 2.5 or would prefer to keep some form of local backup data after all and want it to update automatically, I'm afraid you'll probably have to turn to a third party software. There are no programs out there that I am personally familiar with, so I'm afraid I can't tell you what would be a right choice to make here. Bvckup might be one worth looking into; there's a review here.

If you like, keep us up to date. :) (no joke intended!)

Jewel Fazbear
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Jewel Wildmoon

Post by Jewel Fazbear » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:54 pm

FuzzyDesertPaw wrote:I've never heard for problem like this,look I often reinstall WolfQuest and I don't have any problems to save my data. Wait did you purchse WolfQuest or make account? Because if you don't make an account you can't save your data,it syncs by the account. :)
Actually I got a copy of the game from a friend. It saves though. I just dunno how to set it to automatically save game data in 2 files at once XD

Although, I do get problems while trying to log in... :T

Anduril wrote:Hello Flippy, could you please specify which version of WolfQuest you are referring to? As FuzzyDesertPaw said, WolfQuest 2.7 creates a backup on the online server, in which case you wouldn't have to worry about keeping a separate backup up to date.

If you mean WolfQuest 2.5 or would prefer to keep some form of local backup data after all and want it to update automatically, I'm afraid you'll probably have to turn to a third party software. There are no programs out there that I am personally familiar with, so I'm afraid I can't tell you what would be a right choice to make here. Bvckup might be one worth looking into; there's a review here.

If you like, keep us up to date. :) (no joke intended!)
Meh. I don't really trust software like that because of viruses and malware. I'd rather copy and paste X3

Thanks for the advice though :3
Last edited by paperpaws on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double posting. Use the edit feature to add on new information to existing posts.
Never be afraid to think outside the box

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:09 am

Flippyisadorable wrote:Actually I got a copy of the game from a friend. It saves though. I just dunno how to set it to automatically save game data in 2 files at once XD
This is, to my awareness, done automatically at intervals if the server can be reached. Keep an eye out for those syncing messages at the top of the screen or alternatively, relaunch the game and select the option to 'Push' your data to the server. This prompt will only appear if the saved data on your device is newer than the data stored on the server.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit