Im confused about the Age Verification on WQ Mobile

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

CupcakeFever
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Im confused about the Age Verification on WQ Mobile

Post by CupcakeFever » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Hello, i have a question about the Age Verification on the Mobile Version of Wolfquest. I may have accidentaly put in my wrong birth year, i think this because it said i was under the age of 13 and needed to have a AgeCheq account. Is there any way i can change this? I made an account for AgeCheq under my email, but then it said i needed a parents to sign the form to get the account and stuff verified. Much confusion. Lol
I am a Wolf. "Ar-oooooooo!"

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Im confused about the Age Verification on WQ Mobile

Post by valkea » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Due to U.S. COPPA laws, the age associated with your game account cannot be changed. You will need to go through the verification procedure to be able to remove the restrictions.
AgeCheq Issues

If you indicated your age was under 13, you'll need to get parental consent via the AgeCheq website. We are not legally allowed to change anyone's age after they have input it into the game. Here is this procedure:

1) Create a Parent Account on the AgeCheq website: https://parent.agecheq.com/logon.htm?ap ... ea742c11f1

2) Then fill in the info under “Enter a Child"

3) Now you need to verify yourself as a parent, so look for the “Verify Now” link in top-right, and choose one of those options.

4) Now choose “Select a Child” in the top-left pulldown list. The WolfQuest game should be displayed on that child’s page in your Parent Dashboard. Click the green “Authorize this Game” button, and THEN click the green “Authorize for [child]” button near the top of the page. You must click both Authorize buttons. Then, it should say “Authorized” with a “Block this Game” button on the main child page.

5) Finally, give the PIN to your child to input into the game, and now they can register their account!

We apologize for the complicated procedure. Parental consent is required by United States law, and this is the best system we found for it.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Poflsjjxj1901
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Poflsjjxj1901 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:14 am

I am thirteen but I have a different problem I can't get in to log in on the mobile version it says date and I have no idea what that means.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:01 pm

Poflsjjxj1901 wrote:I am thirteen but I have a different problem I can't get in to log in on the mobile version it says date and I have no idea what that means.
Is your post regarding the same thread you just posted here? http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80894
Please try to keep the same problem to one thread. Thanks.