Current Multiplayer Problems

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Chu Chu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Current Multiplayer Problems

Post by Chu Chu » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Almost every time I try to connect to Multiplayer, I get a Connection Failure error when the room is loading. It doesn't always happen, but it happens about %90 of the time. It really annoys me because it often takes an hour to get into any room or the room is full by the time it finally works.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 am

Chu Chu wrote:Almost every time I try to connect to Multiplayer, I get a Connection Failure error when the room is loading. It doesn't always happen, but it happens about %90 of the time. It really annoys me because it often takes an hour to get into any room or the room is full by the time it finally works.
Have you had a look at the FAQ's yet? There is some details in there regarding connection failures:
A connection failure is typically caused by a computer with a slower (or faster) internet connection speed than the other users trying to join a multiplayer game. If you receive a connection error while trying to start your own game, unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do to prevent connection errors from occurring. If everyone connected through a large general WolfQuest server, that would probably stop the connection errors, but that would require a significant amount of funding, which we are not able to provide for this free game. Just try again, and hopefully it’ll work for you.
What should I do if I get a connection failure?; WolfQuest FAQ - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34882
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

K_Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by K_Wolf » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:45 am

Yes I've reinsatlled the game, once from tihs site, but my 1st download was from another site. But i'll install ist again and i'll look if it works than.
Greetings from K_Wolf

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:51 pm

K_Wolf wrote:Yes I've reinsatlled the game, once from tihs site, but my 1st download was from another site. But i'll install ist again and i'll look if it works than.

...another site? I'd highly advise you to avoid downloading WolfQuest from other sites. All updated and safe versions should be found on this website. So yes, definitely try installing WolfQuest again and see if that works, especially since you believe you downloaded it from another site.

DeletedLyrics
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DeletedLyrics » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:08 am

I've been having multiplayer problems since yesterday.

I get to the point after I type in my username and password, and it starts to come up but then it'll come up with a connection problem.
I don't know if that was the best way to describe it or not...
----------------------
I support P.A.W.S!
Prevent
Another
Wolf
Slaughter
----------------------
Singing is the best way to cure depression <3
----------------------

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:13 am

DeletedLyrics wrote:I've been having multiplayer problems since yesterday.

I get to the point after I type in my username and password, and it starts to come up but then it'll come up with a connection problem.
Could you tell us what the message exactly says? The perhaps we'd be able to get a clearer idea of what the issue is ^^
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

DeletedLyrics
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DeletedLyrics » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:35 am

SilverHybrid wrote:

Could you tell us what the message exactly says? The perhaps we'd be able to get a clearer idea of what the issue is ^^
"Sorry, but your game could not connect to the host game server. The host game server may not be active; you may not be connected to the internet; or your computer's firewall or your internet router may not allow the required connections."

Which I find weird because the same day it stopped letting me on- it worked fine that morning.
----------------------
I support P.A.W.S!
Prevent
Another
Wolf
Slaughter
----------------------
----------------------

Chu Chu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Chu Chu » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:38 pm

DeletedLyrics wrote:
SilverHybrid wrote:

"Sorry, but your game could not connect to the host game server. The host game server may not be active; you may not be connected to the internet; or your computer's firewall or your internet router may not allow the required connections."

Which I find weird because the same day it stopped letting me on- it worked fine that morning.
This is exactly what happened to me.

DeletedLyrics
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DeletedLyrics » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Chu Chu wrote: This is exactly what happened to me.
Interesting. I'm glad I'm not the only one having some strange unknown problem.
----------------------
I support P.A.W.S!
Prevent
Another
Wolf
Slaughter
----------------------
----------------------

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Sounds like:
*Connection Failure errors is typically caused by a computer with a slower (or faster) internet connection speed than the other users trying to join a multiplayer game. If you receive a connection error while trying to start your own game, unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do to prevent connection errors from occurring. It could also mean you or the other game host's firewall/router settings are not set correctly or the game may have crashed or had been closed when you tried to join it, or the network connection suddenly went down.

Try checking out this topic and following instructions from there~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34892

DeletedLyrics
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DeletedLyrics » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Koa wrote:Sounds like:
*Connection Failure errors is typically caused by a computer with a slower (or faster) internet connection speed than the other users trying to join a multiplayer game. If you receive a connection error while trying to start your own game, unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do to prevent connection errors from occurring. It could also mean you or the other game host's firewall/router settings are not set correctly or the game may have crashed or had been closed when you tried to join it, or the network connection suddenly went down.

Try checking out this topic and following instructions from there~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34892

I'm trying to follow the steps but I'm getting slightly confused, and I don't want to mess up my computer trying to fix it!
But since I can connect to the internet and all, and my firewall is already allowing it, I'm kinda wondering if the router is messing it up, but like I said it worked that same day for a few hours, then it wouldn't.

It's all confusing.
----------------------
I support P.A.W.S!
Prevent
Another
Wolf
Slaughter
----------------------
----------------------

wedwebgirl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wedwebgirl » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:03 pm

ugneLioness wrote:I have a problem with "connection failure" when I had this game it was all good but now I cant go to multiplayer packs...
the first time when I log in is good but after few seconds its' gone! And writes "connection failure"... help please! :cry:
thats is what i get evey time when i get on . It started lats MONTH!!!!
when life gives you a thousand reasons to cry
give life a thousand reasons to simle

K_Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by K_Wolf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:59 am

Koa wrote:
...another site? I'd highly advise you to avoid downloading WolfQuest from other sites. All updated and safe versions should be found on this website. So yes, definitely try installing WolfQuest again and see if that works, especially since you believe you downloaded it from another site.
I've uninsatlles the gmae and looked for every dates about WQ, and reinsatlled the game again from this site. But it still doesn't work :(
I can cry!
Greetings from K_Wolf

Silverwolf987
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Silverwolf987 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am

I try to get onto multiplayer but when i enter my password it says user not found and stuff.

++Illusion++
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ++Illusion++ » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:44 am

For some reason I am unable to login into the multiplayer even though I can post on here and my account is activated.