Current Multiplayer Problems

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-VicesAndVirtues-
Pup
Pup

Re: Current Multiplayer Problems

Post by -VicesAndVirtues- » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:25 pm

I hope it will get fixed!! Do you know how long it will take approximately?
~ The shadows you are in are not always filled with darkness ~
~ Some infinities are bigger than other infinities ~
~ I want to live life from a new perspective ~
~ Everything I do is bittersweet ~

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 am

Multiplayer is back online. Thanks Dave!
Frostfurr wrote:I hope it will get fixed!! Do you know how long it will take approximately?

It's hard to give an exact estimate, though usually if the problem is brought to Dave's attention fairly quickly it could be fixed in less than 24 hours.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Glacia2008
Pup
Pup
Name: Glacia

Post by Glacia2008 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 am

If a wolf dies, they respawn, but their corpse is left lying where the wolf died. Earlier today I had one live avatar, and several of my dead avatars.

"You are not your own," says the Bear King, "you were bought at a price."
-Darkwoods by Marta Stahlfeld

ashton98902
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ashton98902 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:54 pm

I'm having some trouble... its been a real long time since I've played wolf quest but I remember all my information I logged on to the forums just fine, but (my laptop is kinda old hopefully I wont have this problem when I get a new one) when I go to multiplayer it doesn't matter even if I try to join or make a chat it just brings up something about a NAT? I apologize but im not super tech savvy I don't know of those things but I need to know how to connect to multiplayer because I wanna see some old time friends and im getting anxious can anyone explain this to me? even if you didn't fix your problem if someone can explain to me what nats are how to mess with my router that would be great and I may be able to fix the problem. again I apologize for not being tech savvy someone help. oh and can someone maybe tell me how to tweak security settings? somehow I managed to do some complicated stuff and download wolf quest but I cant do it through the forums and when I try It just says security wont allow you to download this and its annoying, thy if you made it this far

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:43 am

Multiplayer appears to be working just fine; the problem may be that your setup is invalid and needs some additional configuration. Here's the explanation for a NAT error.
WQ Coordinator wrote:NAT (Network Address Translation) is both a security measure to protect local computers and a way for many computers on a local network to share the single IP number assigned to the router. You can receive a NAT error on the game because the multiplayer server that connects players with each other at the start of the game is offline, or because your computer or router setup is not NAT capable. Check out the "How do I get multiplayer games to work on my computer?" post on this FAQ section for more details on how to potentially fix this problem.

Source: What is a NAT error and how can I fix it?

You may want to look into the suggested thread, which explains the process one step at a time-

• -- 24-Jan-2015 bump/repost --
Temporarily re-stickying this topic- as of last night (UK time) multiplayer has started experiencing some issues, which got forwarded to Dave over on the Facebook group, so he is aware of the problem and has contacted Unity. Please be patient. The problem should be fixed soon.
  • Edit
Dave wrote:MP should be working now (as of 4am today, Central US Time)
Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/19909329025/
Last edited by Neamara on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited post.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:24 pm

My problem with multiplayer is that I can only get into certain servers. Sometimes I'll log in, but then it'll show the screen that appears before it zooms over the landscape in the beginning, and then it will just freeze there and show a purple scent coming from a carcass in the distance.... it would happen to me a lot...

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:31 pm

Teeny_Wolfy wrote:My problem with multiplayer is that I can only get into certain servers. Sometimes I'll log in, but then it'll show the screen that appears before it zooms over the landscape in the beginning, and then it will just freeze there and show a purple scent coming from a carcass in the distance.... it would happen to me a lot...
It may depend on the host's connection, as well, and may not entirely be at the fault of your own connection. Neamara's recent post on this thread contains various links that have suggestions as to how to fix or lessen the problem on your end of things.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks Koa! I'll be sure to read it :D

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Serperior_123 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:01 pm

I have a couple problems with getting onto private games. For example, my friend and I we were making a private game (to prevent innapproprateness and such) he made it and he told me the passward on the forums and when I entered it in, my game said that I had the Passward incorrect, even though I had it right. I don't know if its just my computer or my copy of the game that does this, but if its not, I request you fix it. Its a bit frustrating when people come into your open games and start doing innapproprate things. I sure many people can agree with me.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Private games in 2.5.1 do not work for everyone, even if the password is entered correctly. This is something that will hopefully be fixed in the next version.

Lady Wolfette
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lady Wolfette » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello,
I'm sort of new to wolf quest, but I have read through many forums on the subject and tried many different things to keep my game from giving me the fatal gc error and I was wondering if someone might have a tip or two for me that hasn't been... Checking my specs, internet security, opening ports, re-downloading...

I've tried to tweak it myself and I'm not the greatest at computers but I know a bit. The error itself only occurs either right after I join in a chat or after I've been there for a little bit, it'll freeze and pop up the box 2"x1" Saying fatal gc error and inside GetThreadContext failed. It's annoying, but would love some help. Also if I make my own chat I can stay on longer, but eventually does the same thing, single player works just fine though.

Thanks,
Hunter.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi Lady Wolfette,

The problem could be likely down to your anti-virus causing conflicts. In particular, if you use ESET Security or Kapersky, give Koa's suggestion a try-
[quote="
Koa wrote:Generally, this issue appears on Windows 7 computers and with some anti-virus software (i.e. Kapersky & ESET Smart Security)
If you're running a program such as Kapersky try adding WolfQuest to your trusted applications.
ThreatsAndExclusions -(exclusion) Settings - TrustedApplications - Add - Applications...
Add the file and tick "do not monitor application activity" and "do not monitor child application activity".

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t153032.html

In regards to ESET Smary Security --
http://www.makeourway.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102

You may also view this thread for more information, if it helps --
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68297&p=2139951&hilit=eset+smart#p2139951
Source: SinglerPlayer crashing! Help? 'getthreadcontext failed'

Waffleluver45
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Waffleluver45 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:55 pm

One of the problems I've encountered is that when I join an open game, it says there are more than one player on that particular server, but when I connect, all I see is one single wolf, standing, completely still. It doesn't move, it just stands there. I try interacting with it, but nothing happens.
Is this a widespread glitch or just a personal problem?
Swear to shake it up if you swear to listen
Oh we're still so young
Desperate for Attention
I aim to be your eyes
Trophy Husbands
Trophy Wives

Cerscent
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cerscent » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:43 am

when i first when on multilayer it let me join all the games but now on multilayer it will only let me enter some games. i just get disconnect from almost all the games and it will not let me start a new game myself. im quite new to wolfquest so im not sure if this is an existing problem or not i just hope it get fixed.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Waffleluver45 wrote:One of the problems I've encountered is that when I join an open game, it says there are more than one player on that particular server, but when I connect, all I see is one single wolf, standing, completely still. It doesn't move, it just stands there. I try interacting with it, but nothing happens.
Is this a widespread glitch or just a personal problem?
This is quite a fairly common glitch.

Cerscent wrote:when i first when on multilayer it let me join all the games but now on multilayer it will only let me enter some games. i just get disconnect from almost all the games and it will not let me start a new game myself. im quite new to wolfquest so im not sure if this is an existing problem or not i just hope it get fixed.
Have you at least attempted any of the suggestions on this thread?
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34892