Current Multiplayer Problems

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Cerscent
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Current Multiplayer Problems

Post by Cerscent » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am

i couldn't find the rota thing to change my internet setting but i had a notification to ask to allow content on wolfquest, what ever it said and i clicked yes so do i still need to change my internet/firewall setting?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:55 am

Cerscent wrote:i couldn't find the rota thing to change my internet setting but i had a notification to ask to allow content on wolfquest, what ever it said and i clicked yes so do i still need to change my internet/firewall setting?
See if that settings changed anything and if it helps. If not, I would investigate your internet and firewall settings.

Cerscent
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cerscent » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 pm

it says that wolfquest is allowed on my fire wall. but its still not working :( .what should i do now?

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Fri May 22, 2015 9:27 am

Only sometimes, when I join another server I cannot see chats but can send and I am the only wolf moving for about 5 minutes then everyone else starts moving; I do think this is because my internet connection is weak but if others are getting it to I guess it's not.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri May 22, 2015 7:54 pm

LupaValdo2001-2014 wrote:Only sometimes, when I join another server I cannot see chats but can send and I am the only wolf moving for about 5 minutes then everyone else starts moving; I do think this is because my internet connection is weak but if others are getting it to I guess it's not.
It could be the host's connection, as well. Still, it is best to make sure your connection settings are relatively stable and suited for WolfQuest (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34892), regardless.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Sat May 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Okay, thank you Koa
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
There's so much punishment, so little time.
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:55 am

Cerscent wrote:it says that wolfquest is allowed on my fire wall. but its still not working :( .what should i do now?
Perhaps it's an internet problem, then? Or maybe you should simply turn off your firewall (Just while you're playing WQ)
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

rainiepainie
Pup
Pup

Post by rainiepainie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:06 pm

Whenever I try to make a public multiplayer game a message pops up in game after loading and says "symmetric NAT type, cannot do NAT punchthrough to other symmetric types nor port restricted type"
My router's firewall is disabled and I set Wolfquest on the allowed programs list for the windows firewall (which by the way, is enabled).
Also I have Windows 7 Pro if thats important.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:49 pm

rainiepainie wrote:Whenever I try to make a public multiplayer game a message pops up in game after loading and says "symmetric NAT type, cannot do NAT punchthrough to other symmetric types nor port restricted type"
My router's firewall is disabled and I set Wolfquest on the allowed programs list for the windows firewall (which by the way, is enabled).
Also I have Windows 7 Pro if thats important.
Have you looked at and attempted all of the steps in this thread? I'm assuming you have, but I wanted to ask, first.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34892

Do you have issues connecting to or disconnecting from other games when you join them?

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:15 am

Sometimes I go into a lexion chat game and i can not char at all. There is no chat window too

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:50 am

Dasamidschol wrote:Sometimes I go into a lexion chat game and i can not char at all. There is no chat window too
When this happens, were you playing in a session with disabled chat before you joined a session with phrase/lexicon chat? If so, it's a known bug. You'd have exit the game after playing in a disabled chat session and relaunch it for the chatbox to display correctly.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Venus
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Venus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Will there be a time when we can use something other than the phrase chat in an open mp game?
“I'm nothing but a lone wolf, misunderstood and labeled to be dangerous.”
Alone I stand In the darkest of nights.

I Howel
Calling to my lost frends, from long a go
Now all I have are there memories

Looking for lost friends!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Venus wrote:Will there be a time when we can use something other than the phrase chat in an open mp game?
Currently there are no plans to put filtered text chat or voice chat into open 2.7 games.
In the future, please only use this thread for problems affecting multiplayer, not general questions about multiplayer. Questions regarding multiplayer can be posted in a new thread in Tips, Hints, and Help, if you can't find an existing thread for your question.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

aorsak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by aorsak » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Hope this is the right place for this.. I'm having trouble with the voice chat in the game. I know my mic is working because I can use it in another voice program (Team Speak) but it won't work in the game. I tried closing the other program in case something was causing a conflict but still doesn't work. I have another person in the game with me who's helping to test it. She could hear another player talking but not me. Sorry if this isn't the right place *~*

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:46 pm

aorsak wrote:Hope this is the right place for this.. I'm having trouble with the voice chat in the game. I know my mic is working because I can use it in another voice program (Team Speak) but it won't work in the game. I tried closing the other program in case something was causing a conflict but still doesn't work. I have another person in the game with me who's helping to test it. She could hear another player talking but not me. Sorry if this isn't the right place *~*
I'm not familiar with voice programs on the PC, but is there any way to go into your mic/voice programs settings and make sure it is allowed for WolfQuest in some way? Kind of like a control panel, if you will. E.g., with my graphics card, I allow programs certain access to one graphics card over the other. Not sure if there is something similar that can be done or if your computer is blocking interaction with the program when WolfQuest is being used.