Current Multiplayer Problems

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Current Multiplayer Problems

Post by Neamara » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:10 pm

@SirenCall, assuming your problem is occurring in 2.5, be forewarned that the old free game is no longer supported.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

SirenCall
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SirenCall » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:21 am

Still can't login? says username or pw is wrong, but its working here..

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:27 am

SirenCall wrote:Still can't login? says username or pw is wrong, but its working here..
Which version of the game are you trying to log into? Forum accounts and 2.7 game accounts are separate, so you cannot use the same login info for both because they are different accounts (unlike 2.5 where they were linked together). Instructions for creating a 2.7 account are located here.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

SirenCall
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SirenCall » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:20 am

sooooo, i have 2.7..
and it doesn't login, ive only used WQ forums. NEVER used multiplayer for 2.5
i had to redownload this game 3x
2x through ithco and 1x through steam. its fully registered.
Oops forgot to add, I have steam login. its not working either

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Accounts created on wolfquest.org are only tied to the community forum and 2.5 login systems. Follow the link valkea has provided -- you need to create an account from within 2.7 itself before you can login to use account-restricted features and multiplayer. Launch 2.7, click 'Log in', then click 'Register'. There's no way for players to create a 2.7 compatible account from wolfquest.org.

December 11th Update: Bad news folks. The recent forum upgrade has broken multiplayer for WolfQuest 2.5. It can now be considered defunct.

What happened?
While attempting to log in, you will see the message "Account Not Valid" even with the correct login credentials.

How does 2.5's account system work?
2.5's account system was tethered to the community forum's user database; to play 2.5 MP, you'd have to register and activate a community forum account, then use those same credentials in the game to login and play online. The error mentioned above occurs as a result of the forum user database no longer being connected to the 2.5 login database -- likely due to changes to the forum software and how it calls the SQL database between revisions. Prior to this month's forum upgrade, our community forum was running an old board version released in 2012.

Can they fix this?
Assuming it can be fixed, unfortunately this would require a game update. This will not happen; 2.5 was officially discontinued in 2011 and, as of November 2015, development efforts are now being focused on the premium game. If not this "death" for 2.5 MP, something like this was always inevitable and would have happened one way or another. See Dave's earlier post: viewtopic.php?p=2506268#p2506268
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northtale
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Jeca

Post by Northtale » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:33 am

Hi! I have the Anniversary Edition. How can I log in to multiplayer? I select new game, and when I try to select the game mode, it won't let me select multiplayer. It's stuck in single player mode. Please help. I'm not sure if this the right place to post this

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 am

Northtale wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:33 am
Hi! I have the Anniversary Edition. How can I log in to multiplayer? I select new game, and when I try to select the game mode, it won't let me select multiplayer. It's stuck in single player mode. Please help. I'm not sure if this the right place to post this
Multiplayer is not yet available for WQ:AE.

RedWolfie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by RedWolfie » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:39 pm

I'm lately having a weird problem in multiplayer where when I bite to attack any spawned animal, I literally go through the animation, but do zero damage. Everyone else on the server does damage to the same animal, just not me. I've tried letting myself die to reset my wolf, going to different hunting grounds and spawning them to hunt them instead, and just sleeping. But nothing but closing out my server and starting over seems to help. I was hoping if there was at least a trick I could do to avoid, or fix it without closing my server. Any help is very much appreciated!
P.S. I looked to see if this was anywhere else but I just saw a bunch of connection issues here. Sorry if I missed it somewhere.
P.S.S This only seems to happen on multiplayer so far. Hopefully it stays that way. lol

xAmaranthinex
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by xAmaranthinex » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:07 am

I'm having an issue where I can't select multiplayer despite being logged into my new account?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:57 am

xAmaranthinex wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:07 am
I'm having an issue where I can't select multiplayer despite being logged into my new account?
You haven't provided a lot of information; which version of WolfQuest do you have? Assuming this is happening on 2.7, which platform? (Windows, Mac, IOS, Android or Kindle?) The help center does have a note about the multiplayer button being greyed out-
WolfQuest Support wrote: Multiplayer and account are greyed out
If you are playing the trial, be aware that these features are only available in the full/paid game. If you have purchased and installed the full version, you need to create an account and login. (This is an intentional change from past versions of the game).

Alternatively, the WolfQuest server may be experiencing some technical difficulties.
Source: Login Issues (WQ 2.7)
At the time of posting, I was able to access the multiplayer lobby.

RedWolfie wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:39 pm
I'm lately having a weird problem in multiplayer where when I bite to attack any spawned animal, I literally go through the animation, but do zero damage. Everyone else on the server does damage to the same animal, just not me. I've tried letting myself die to reset my wolf, going to different hunting grounds and spawning them to hunt them instead, and just sleeping. But nothing but closing out my server and starting over seems to help. I was hoping if there was at least a trick I could do to avoid, or fix it without closing my server. Any help is very much appreciated!
P.S. I looked to see if this was anywhere else but I just saw a bunch of connection issues here. Sorry if I missed it somewhere.
P.S.S This only seems to happen on multiplayer so far. Hopefully it stays that way. lol
Possibly latency or ping...? If I've read your post correctly, you are the host. Does this happen if you are not the host?

xAmaranthinex
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by xAmaranthinex » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:59 pm

I'm currently using a Mac and yes it is 2.7, not the anniversary one

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:29 pm

I recently encountered a serious glitch in Wolfquest AE multiplayer. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to report such an issue in-game. I will try the best of my abilities to accurately describe the issue here, hopefully warranting attention.

When I entered a multiplayer game (Accurate, 7/8 players) my wolf immediately died from a bison. My wolf didn't spawn near other players and was nearly halfway across the map. Additonally, my wolf's hunger, energy, and sleep meters began to rapidly deplete. The lag was severe and the wolf stayed in a sitting position even when moving.
No one else seemed effected.

US East server's ms was 65, and the latency was very high in individual multiplayer games, ranging from 130-200+. Is this an issue on my end? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Is this a manipulation of server files?
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

rowtaiic
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: rowan

Post by rowtaiic » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:49 am

I’m not 100% sure, but it does seem like lag on your end! Only because you mentioned no one else seemed to be affected. Does your game lag often, or have trouble running some graphics? Especially in bigger multiplayer games with a lot of people, it can be hard on some computers. I’d be curious to know the specs on your pc/ laptop!

If that’s abnormal for your game, I’d investigate further, but it does just sound like the game is struggling to run on bigger servers like that. <3
@rowtaiic / pfp by captain <3.

Kitsuhime
Pup
Pup
Name: Asuna, Kitsu

Post by Kitsuhime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:22 am

I use a HP laptop, specs are average. I have no troubles logging in and syncing now, but when I join a MP game, regardless of the latency I get kicked to the main screen. Currently thinking of turning down my graphic settings. I'd appreciate any other advice ^^

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:03 pm

Reposting an update here from the Discord server to keep people informed.
loboLoco — Today at 01:48
Multiplayer server is currently down. Sorry about that. No word yet on when it will be back online.
Update:
loboLoco — Today at 14:07
Multiplayer came back online late evening yesterday.
Source: #announcements - Message permalink
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.