Current Multiplayer Problems

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Current Multiplayer Problems

Post by paperpaws » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:22 am

jadetrem wrote:Hello everyone. I logged on this morning to my WQ and wanted to start a multiplayer game but the text chat option was no longer available. Is this an oversight for everyone or is this just something to do with mine? You are welcome to take a look. My username is siennatrem. Thank you.
Which version of the game are you referring to? The free/2.5 version of the game no longer offers the chat lexicon. 2.7 should work fine, no steps have been taken to remove the chat and as far as I am aware, no other issues have been reported so far. I've replied to your other topic as well, which might be of some use to you.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 am

Check your email for a message from abuse@wolfquest.org
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

ShimmerStrike
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ShimmerStrike » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:27 pm

Its gets really glitchy sometimes in multiplayer, even if it's just me and 1 other person. Like i end up being able to only go straight or turn all the way around, which is really frustrating when you are trying to hunt.

Another problem I've been having is the text screen not popping up, keeping me from saying anything to other players. This might just have to do with my phone, but i am unsure as often it can be fixed by reloading. This is still annoying though, as sometimes your spot can get taken, or as a host everyone has to leave. And i mostly do roleplay so its a little embarrassing not being able to explain why I'm being so silent as a host. : P

jpark1
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by jpark1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 am

Hey Wolfquest, so it appears that the text chat option is currently not working in multiplayer except for a few lucky games, right now the only way that text chat works is if you do a private game, it just doesnt show up for normal games. Is this a problem on our ends or...?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:44 am

@jpark1: Assuming this is about 2.7, I just ran a quick public game and it seems to be working just fine...? Check the e-mail address associated with your 2.7 game account to be sure it isn't a restriction being caused as a result of an infraction.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

jpark1
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by jpark1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 am

Nope, checked in this morning and its still not working on multiplayer games (2.7) not an infraction havent done anything and its not working in games other players have made, not just myself.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:47 am

Just to confirm: the games you're attempting to join are definitely text chat? You aren't attempting to join phrased games, and your game is fully up-to-date, correct? (The latest release is 2.7.3p8.) Have you tried reinstalling?

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? I rechecked/tested again from my side and I am still not seeing anything wrong when hosting a public game.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 am

jpark1 wrote:Nope, checked in this morning and its still not working on multiplayer games (2.7) not an infraction havent done anything and its not working in games other players have made, not just myself.
Please email manager@wolfquest.org with your username.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

jpark1
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by jpark1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:09 pm

its not so much hosting a game as it is using the text option, it just doesnt show up

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Sometimes the game will be glitched for maybe five seconds, but sometimes a player will walk REALLY SLOWLY in a random direction, then they will disappear and appear again where they were before they began walking. Sometimes people get disconnected when this bug occurs --maybe it's not a bug, but a strange hiccup in connection to the internet while in-game. I wouldn't bother with this because it's nothing like REALLY bad... and it's rare, too. It happened when a player was hunting a bull elk, just randomly walked away from it without saying anything, then appeared next to the bull elk again. It's really weird. Happens to private games on occasion.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:05 pm

TimberRaven wrote:Sometimes the game will be glitched for maybe five seconds, but sometimes a player will walk REALLY SLOWLY in a random direction, then they will disappear and appear again where they were before they began walking. Sometimes people get disconnected when this bug occurs --maybe it's not a bug, but a strange hiccup in connection to the internet while in-game. I wouldn't bother with this because it's nothing like REALLY bad... and it's rare, too. It happened when a player was hunting a bull elk, just randomly walked away from it without saying anything, then appeared next to the bull elk again. It's really weird. Happens to private games on occasion.
Most likely that game was hosted by someone on a mobile device that was struggling to keep up with the data transfer, so everyone else sees odd teleporting and other quirks.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:42 am

loboLoco wrote:
TimberRaven wrote:Sometimes the game will be glitched for maybe five seconds, but sometimes a player will walk REALLY SLOWLY in a random direction, then they will disappear and appear again where they were before they began walking. Sometimes people get disconnected when this bug occurs --maybe it's not a bug, but a strange hiccup in connection to the internet while in-game. I wouldn't bother with this because it's nothing like REALLY bad... and it's rare, too. It happened when a player was hunting a bull elk, just randomly walked away from it without saying anything, then appeared next to the bull elk again. It's really weird. Happens to private games on occasion.
Most likely that game was hosted by someone on a mobile device that was struggling to keep up with the data transfer, so everyone else sees odd teleporting and other quirks.
Usually I'm the host and I play P.C. And my P.C. is VEEERRRYYYY beefy. Internet failure is rare with my computer. :?

WildWolfMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Bella

Post by WildWolfMoon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:21 am

Hey, so I have WQ on my touchscreen chromebook. I bought the entire game, but it says I don't have internet connection, even when I do. Thanks! :wolf:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

journey2009
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by journey2009 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Hello.

I'm messaging to inform the WQ team that I am currently unable to join my friend's servers since after this 'required update'. I will also be posting this on the Wolfquest forums are well in case there are any other users experiencing this issue.

I have updated my game, including my friend as well. My internet connection is fine and my laptop is brand new. The lobby displays other servers, only my friend's {That I know of} is not being shown. Neither of us are 'banned' either.

My username is; MirrorMirror.
My friend's username is: FiteMeM8.

I do not understand the issue, both my friend and I have tried everything possible to fix this issue and this is our last resort.

SirenCall
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SirenCall » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:40 pm

When I try to login to multiplayer, it says testing undetermined? lets me put in my username and password, then never leaves the screen of the floating wolf of loading.

im very frusterdated, i bought a alienware aurora r4, hoping it would improve my always jerky game play. now the game play is smooth and flawless, i cant even use multiplayer.