Repeating answers is SPAM - Important to Read

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

- Sora -

Re: Repeating answers is SPAM - Important to Read

Post by - Sora - » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Interesting, thank you for posting this Koa!

In my opinion answers being repeated is kind of useless and somewhat annoying when looking through the replies and seeing the same answer over and over again. If people want to help, I think that they should just add onto what other users have said and give their opinion on the situation since it might be useful to the user in need and it might actually be the answer to their problem, and not repeating the answer.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:41 pm

- Sora - wrote:Interesting, thank you for posting this Koa!

In my opinion answers being repeated is kind of useless and somewhat annoying when looking through the replies and seeing the same answer over and over again. If people want to help, I think that they should just add onto what other users have said and give their opinion on the situation since it might be useful to the user in need and it might actually be the answer to their problem, and not repeating the answer.
You're welcome.
Thanks to everybody who posted their opinions; it seems we all agree that repeating answers in general is annoying. (: I'll leave this open for a bit if anybody else would like to share their opinion.

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Thank you so much for posting this! I've seen so many topics where someone says, "I need help with reporting a bug."

Answer 1: "Report it at bugs@wolfquest.org
Answer 2: "Yes, as "Answer 1" said, report it to bugs@wolfquest.org

SolitaryPride
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by SolitaryPride » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:30 pm

I did not know some of this, so I will do my best to follow these rules

Although I think I did do one of those a while ago, if I did, I'm sorry. I won't do it again

I do try my best not to post needlessly, so reading this as encourged me not to have any second thoughts

Thank you for coming up with this,
Koa, Sintact and Cana, I'm sure it will be very helpful in the future for users who don't know much about the forums ^^
------------__/\
-------__/------\
------\___------\
---------- /------\
---------/--------\
---------\--------/
----------/-------\
------/\-/---------\
-----/--\'\__--__/
-----\______/
~Matue
African Stars Pack
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Originally: Dacoda
Avvie: Koa

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:20 am

Yeah. Repeating answers are quiet annoying. If something was answered for the 6th time the same way, you dont read this topic anymore... And maybe just then someone writes a better suggestion and noone reads it because of the repeating answers.
And people were doing it just to raise their rank.
So yep. This is useful! Thanks Koa.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

timbre1011
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by timbre1011 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 am

But how do you expect us to post thousands of thingsso we get ranks (high ones) if we cant repeat anwsers? you cant sit and wait for a post and awnser it. your barely ever first nd people themselves don have that many ? to ask. :x

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:56 am

timbre1011 wrote:But how do you expect us to post thousands of thingsso we get ranks (high ones) if we cant repeat anwsers? you cant sit and wait for a post and awnser it. your barely ever first nd people themselves don have that many ? to ask. :x
And thats why you need to be more active. If you spend enough time on the forums you can post enough. And you dont have to repeat the answer if you have a better suggestion.

Sarine

Post by Sarine » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:59 am

timbre1011 wrote:But how do you expect us to post thousands of thingsso we get ranks (high ones) if we cant repeat anwsers? you cant sit and wait for a post and awnser it. your barely ever first nd people themselves don have that many ? to ask. :x
Timbre, reapeting answer is really annoying and it doesn't help the one who asks. He/she can't read through all those posts which are answering the same over and over! If you are active around the forums, you can answer questions polite and gently without annoying anyone. And moderators know what to do, so you mustn't disagree with them.. ^_-

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:08 am

WindSpringWolf wrote:
Timbre, reapeting answer is really annoying and it doesn't help the one who asks. He/she can't read through all those posts which are answering the same over and over! If you are active around the forums, you can answer questions polite and gently without annoying anyone. And moderators know what to do, so you mustn't disagree with them.. ^_-
I dont want to go off topic but you just did that...
I answered the same before you :mrgreen:

Sarine

Post by Sarine » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 am

I just explained it more, Gargantor... -.-
Never mind. Back on topic..

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:22 am

Making a post more complete is allowed, just make sure you add extra information, but it is better to avoid adding any already said idea.

Anyways, do not repeat answers here, if you want to raise your post count you can comment at General WQ Discussions, Introduce Yourself, Wolf Q&A, General Wolf Discussions, Take Action, Wildlife, etc. (Forum Ganes, Get to Know each Other and Avatars will not raise your post count)

Stonei
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Stonei » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:16 pm

I am glad to see that people are taking notice of this issue. I have seen it happen many times, especially in the Tips, Hints and Help forum. It can be frustrating for the user who asked the question, getting repeated answers (especially if they are not very helpful) can cause the user to become more confused.
I am sure most of use have accidentally (if not purposefully) done this before, it can happen even if you don't notice it at the time. Take a moment to think about what you are saying before you post it, and make sure it is not just a repeat of what someone else already said^^
Thank you Koa for making this topic, getting this issue noticed is a good step toward solving it. And Sintact, II think it was a good idea to unlock it for a while, it is interesting to read everyone opinions on the matter.
Getting your post count higher is not the most important thing here on the WolfQuest forums^^ If a question is already answered and you cannot further help the person I think it would be best to just leave the topic alone instead of repeating what other players have already posted^^
~WQ UoTM~
June-2010

~ I support - The Fdshfbvsk Band ~

Happy Holidays!

My avatar shop - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26981

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Thank you very much Koa, I have seen this happen alot. Thats why they get locked really!
..../\/\/\/...........------- Who am I? -------
.........../..........I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!

............\/\/\/.....Avatar © Gingerwolff <3

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Also (even though this is really off topic) for the ones that wish to help even more in the Community. Make sure to promote the FAQ by posting links to it when answering questions. We will greatly appreciate your help if you advertise the FAQ and Forum Guidelines in your signature as well (as I am doing now).

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I will certainly keep this in mind, Koa. :)
Sintact wrote:Also (even though this is really off topic) for the ones that wish to help even more in the Community. Make sure to promote the FAQ by posting links to it when answering questions. We will greatly appreciate your help if you advertise the FAQ and Forum Guidelines in your signature as well (as I am doing now).
That's a great idea, Sintact!
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit