Help, Possible Bug?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Avaline
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Help, Possible Bug?

Post by Avaline » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:55 pm

So, while searching for a new den, I came across Floppy's enclosure. Not only that, but I also came across a mule doe grazing with her fawn hidden in grass nearby. Now I didn't see this mule until we were right on her (or I guess I didn't pay attention as I thought she was one of the two that had recently run past me and my pups) so my pups went and hid in the nearest tall grass because... we were in her space, so she went on the defensive. However, this tall grass was right by the wall of the enclosure... and one of my pups managed to spawn INTO the enclosure... and now I can't get in to retrieve him and he won't spawn out of it.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Help, Possible Bug?

Post by Neamara » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:50 am

• ⋆ Moved to Tips, Hints, and Help ⋆
It's known that NPCs can bypass walls and objects with collision data. I had a similar incident with an attacking NPC wolf phasing through Floppy's enclosure. Never had it happen with a pup, though. 🤔

If you've made a save since this happened, use it to experiment. Have you tried...
  1. Allowing that pup to become lost?
  2. Sleeping to lure your pup back over to you? (Try doing this further away from Floppy's enclosure. As long as they aren't in the "lost" state, pups always make an effort to return to their packmates for sleep.)
  3. Allowing the chunk to deload? (Note: I do not know if collision data stays while chunks are unloaded.)

If you haven't saved since this happened, check the autosaves (or if you've made any, reload a known good manual save) to see if they provide any good checkpoints to get your pup out of its softlocked state. If nothing works, submit an in-game bug report. I don't know if the dev will do this, but if you do not have any backups prior to the pup phasing into Floppy's enclosure, it might be worth including your e-mail address in the report along with asking if you can have the pup removed from the enclosure // teleported back to its packmates and have the updated save sent to you via e-mail.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit