Wolvden

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Wolvden

Post by Sambhur » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:04 am

Hey! I noticed from the Discord server that a lot of people who play WQ are also into Wolvden! (not much of a surprise there haha) So I figured I'd make this thread so you guys can post about your achievements, goals, pretty wolves, etc. or just find some friends to add. :) Also feel free to discuss more technical stuff, like advice and game mechanics!

As for me, I was super addicted to Wolvden not long after its big opening but I started to lose interest when the game eventually felt like a chore to play. :( I put a lot of effort into my pack so I wouldn't mind trying to get back into it again, if I ever find the motivation. Drawing my lead wolf here and there was always fun.
Last edited by Sambhur on Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Re: Wolvden

Post by rowantobias » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:44 pm

i can really relate to your post honestly LOL! i started playing a little before launch, and also fell out of it.... the new updates are pretty great though - they found some sort of solution to the gender disparity problem, which i'm glad they didn't have to change much of the game for...

that aside i also LOVE the fishing minigame.... i'm considering moving biomes so i can have less fishing leaderboard competition but i haven't decided where to move yet, because it also affects the hunting chances.... desert kind of interests me despite not really being my usual aesthetic, because the fishing leaderboard there is so noncompetitive. the ones i would want to move to (taiga, coniferous forest..) have more competition than i like. i'd also consider deciduous forest but it's so full of people (because, hey, everyone loves an oak tree) that the leaderboard is a piranha pit LOL

on another wolvden note, i recently renamed all my wolves really silly names and i don't regret it at all. it's great. this is how video games were meant to be played. selection of names: wizard wednesday, telephone, pretty rave girl, uh oh, Horse
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Sasseraph
Name: Sass

Post by Sasseraph » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 pm

I really enjoy games with genetics and things like that, but gosh is it confusing trying to organize everything for the future haha. I've been playing on and off (mostly fishing as well, whoops!). Rollovers are nice in that you don't have to stress about taking a break from the game, but they somehow also manage to be stressful in that I'm hesitant to rollover my account if I think I might not be productive in it that day...

I'm in taiga and it seems pretty good fishing-wise; looks like other leaderboards on weekends, but often looks mostly lower fish weights during the week.

rowantobias

Post by rowantobias » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:07 pm

might consider taiga a little more then..... i do enjoy a good taiga...

that said - i just found a green eyes, khaki base wolf and he is so funny. cannot find really any good markings that match it. he kinda looks like a parrot with some of these markings. maybe i will just toss him eventually but he's so funny...

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:00 pm

Wait there's fishing now?? That actually makes me want to rollover and check it out, fishing seems to always be the best part of literally any game lmao. My pack was in the Desert which is also why I'm tempted. Throwback to when I first moved there and had no idea it affected hunting chances... the struggle was real.

rowantobias

Post by rowantobias » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 pm

Sambhur wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:00 pm
Wait there's fishing now?? That actually makes me want to rollover and check it out, fishing seems to always be the best part of literally any game lmao. My pack was in the Desert which is also why I'm tempted. Throwback to when I first moved there and had no idea it affected hunting chances... the struggle was real.
aw yeah, go for it! the fishing can get repetitive but i enjoy it when i want a mindless task.... you can get a pretty sizeable amount of SC every day from it (100sc), then up to 50 depending on how you place on the leaderboard (increments of 5, so in 10th place you'd get 5sc...) and i think 50 if you place on the weekly leaderboard for heaviest fish of its species.

you also get delicate meat from fish that are in the top 50% of its species (so the heavier it is, the better)!

so that said, profitable! and you can sell the delicate meat to the raccoon, or use it for food. (personally i sell it.... he buys pretty cheap for more expensive things, but delicate meat is hard to undersell.)

also trying to code myself a theme for my profile on there.... only halfway through the properties..... but it's looking nice so far!

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:46 pm

i've thought about playing! however, it seems very flight rising-esque... i don't really have time to commit to such a game.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

rowantobias

Post by rowantobias » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:54 pm

alethe wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:46 pm
i've thought about playing! however, it seems very flight rising-esque... i don't really have time to commit to such a game.
honestly 100% fair. i feel like there's at least a little more to do on here, or at least, the play is more engaging to me....

honestly thinking i need to make new art for my wolvden page LOL the other art is like a year old now... plus with my new css, i might as well clean it up more...

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:01 pm

I made an account in the spring but then haven't rolled over for a bit. Building a pack has been pretty fun, tho. I think I made mine somewhat Warriors-esque if I remember right. I liked the fishing game, too. It's a fun way to just chill and do something pretty easy.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

informality
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by informality » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Somebody recommended Wolvden to me in a Discord server I'm in and I ended up making an account, but I never really had the chance to fully play it (only bits and pieces). I'm hoping I can get around to it this week. Still learning how to play lol..
✕ I N F O R M A L I T Y ✕
x - - -the best way to keep one's word is not to give it
R o l e p l a y e r - S i n c e - 2 0 0 8

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:51 am

I've gotten back into it recently and love it, I'm always on that fishing game lol. I'm Windstrider2 on there if anybody wants to add me or talk!
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

Good vibes

Kitsuhime
Pup
Pup
Name: Asuna, Kitsu

Post by Kitsuhime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:27 am

At first I really liked it and played it like lioden, but it requests lots of daily grinding especially if you play it f2p, and the market economy fluctuates a lot in price, often getting more expensive even in basic items like carcasses, fur, toys etc. Those are the cons.
Pros are that you can make a lore for your pack and the wolves there, customize them as you like with beautiful markings, accessories and background settings, but like anything it takes time too.
Mostly suitable for people who have a lot of free time, I'm currently working so, yeah.

hybridchild3
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by hybridchild3 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:22 pm

I just got into Wolvden like a week ago! I'm really into it, tbh. Even though it still needs a lot of development and some improvements, I think it's a great game (and I prefer to Lioden tbh). If anyone would like to add me on Wolvden and Lioden my username is HybridChild.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:05 pm

I've been kinda wanting to get back into it again, but with school and stuff I'm busy enough that I have not yet logged back in, since if I rollover I want to do stuff and not just like, feed my pack and leave. I also wanted to work on some (very basic) lore and stuff for my pack, but. Yeah. Busy.

Good vibes

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Thu May 04, 2023 12:43 pm

I got into the Wolvden beta way back when but unfortunately didn't have the time or interest to keep playing when the game officially released. Lately, though, I've been craving revisiting those Lioden/Wolvden type of games, and I may give Wolvden a shot again to scratch that itch. If only I can remember my old account info...

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW