Magic: The Gathering

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Magic: The Gathering

Post by Sambhur » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:12 am

I've only been into MTG for less than a year so far but I've been really loving everything about it. I play both offline and online (MTG Arena) in a few different formats, but the main thing my friends and I usually do is either play Commander, or do a draft from whatever box our local game shop happens to have in. It can be so intimidating though, playing against people who have been accumulating so much knowledge (and so many cards lmao) over multiple years. I don't know if I'll ever have that level of commitment but it's been fun learning whatever I can here and there, it's really satisfying finally remembering what something does with enough confidence to be able to explain it to someone else lol. I'm also not gonna lie, opening booster packs in front of your friends is super addictive lmao.

Would love to hear about your relationship with the game and what kinds of decks you like to play!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Re: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Windstrider » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:01 am

I'm pretty new and a very casual player, but I like collecting some cards and occasionally playing! So far I've only played Magic with my sister a couple of times. My dad collects cards a bit and got us both into it. Dad recently got some stuff from the Magic and DnD crossover, which was pretty cool. I got some cards too, and I managed to snag some rare and mythic cards and a bunch of neat foils! Kind of like with Pokemon and anything other card game, my favorite thing is the artwork on the cards. I just like seeing what different artists do. I have some of the Amonkhet stuff, and the art and story for it is really neat imo.

I haven't played in a bit, and I've only played with pretty basic stuff, but I think I played Forest and Mountain if I remember right, and my sister played Swamp and Island.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:08 am

Windstrider wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:01 am
I'm pretty new and a very casual player, but I like collecting some cards and occasionally playing! So far I've only played Magic with my sister a couple of times. My dad collects cards a bit and got us both into it. Dad recently got some stuff from the Magic and DnD crossover, which was pretty cool. I got some cards too, and I managed to snag some rare and mythic cards and a bunch of neat foils! Kind of like with Pokemon and anything other card game, my favorite thing is the artwork on the cards. I just like seeing what different artists do. I have some of the Amonkhet stuff, and the art and story for it is really neat imo.

I haven't played in a bit, and I've only played with pretty basic stuff, but I think I played Forest and Mountain if I remember right, and my sister played Swamp and Island.
Omg isn't the DnD set so cool?? I got 6 boosters from it the other day because my friend's game shop was doing a deal and I pulled an Inferno of the Star Mounts bordless foil. It's so pretty (and basically paid for the booster packs lmao), I wish I had all the dragons...

Green/red and blue/black are in my top fav colour duos so I'm definitely vibing with those decks lol.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:00 pm

I haven't tried DnD yet, but I tried Pathfinder once and it was pretty fun. I know my school has a DnD club, or at least they did when I was a freshman, so hopefully it'll still be around when I go back to school. There was at least one person from my old building who went there, and he said it was a lot of fun.

I love the artwork on the box for the DnD Magic cards. The dragon head and the multicolored scales pattern is pretty cool!
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes