Warhammer (tabletop, video games, lore, etc!)

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Warhammer (tabletop, video games, lore, etc!)

Post by Sambhur » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:03 am

My whole friend group absolutely pressured me into buying Warhammer 40k minis with them at the start of this year so here I am. I haven't been able to have a really deep dive into the lore yet but I find the Warhammer universes super interesting anyway. I have a 700/800 point Craftworlds army at the moment and it's been really fun to play, even though the assembly process gave me some of the worst back and neck pain I've ever experienced lmao.

Do any of you play or have an interest in Warhammer? I know some people who just get into the lore and maybe a video game or two and then make fan characters as their way of participating in the universe. Playing it in the tabletop formats is still pretty niche despite how many years it's been a thing for. Would love to hear about anything!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Re: Warhammer (tabletop, video games, lore, etc!)

Post by Windstrider » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:08 pm

I haven't painted or played in years because I've been so busy with school and stuff, but my dad and I have collected tons of figures and armies for years. My favorite ones are the Tyranids, Lizardmen/Seraphon, and Skaven. I've always liked beastly and outlandish types of armies the best. My Tyranid army is called Hercules and is inspired by hercules beetles. I'm overall more of a painter than a player, but I was decent at the game the few times I've played it so far.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Windstrider wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:08 pm
I haven't painted or played in years because I've been so busy with school and stuff, but my dad and I have collected tons of figures and armies for years. My favorite ones are the Tyranids, Lizardmen/Seraphon, and Skaven. I've always liked beastly and outlandish types of armies the best. My Tyranid army is called Hercules and is inspired by hercules beetles. I'm overall more of a painter than a player, but I was decent at the game the few times I've played it so far.
YES Tyranids are so so cool looking. Luckily one of my friends has a Tyranid army that I get to look at whenever we play lol. The Seraphon are really cool as well but I haven't looked into AoS properly yet.

I still haven't painted a single model. :( I already wasted a lot of potential play time by taking so long to assemble them all so I didn't want to cause any more delays to myself by painting them straight away lol. Maybe now that I'm in lockdown I'll paint them...

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:38 pm

Sambhur wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:23 pm
Windstrider wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:08 pm
YES Tyranids are so so cool looking. Luckily one of my friends has a Tyranid army that I get to look at whenever we play lol. The Seraphon are really cool as well but I haven't looked into AoS properly yet.

I still haven't painted a single model. :( I already wasted a lot of potential play time by taking so long to assemble them all so I didn't want to cause any more delays to myself by painting them straight away lol. Maybe now that I'm in lockdown I'll paint them...
Sadly my own painting table has been out of use for probably 2+ years now and is a mess. I have no idea if or when I'm going to paint stuff again. If I do tho I think I'll do some Tyranids or that Mindstealer Sphiranx I got a year or so ago. I'm not 100% sure what color scheme and look I'm gonna go with for that one, but I've seen other people's work online and have some inspiration.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes