Splatoon

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Splatoon

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:38 pm

There's no topic about Splatoon? For eel??

(i'm incredibly sorry)

Anyway, i saw that there was no dedicated topic for Splatoon, so it being my favourite video game franchise currently, i am going to do a service and make a topic!

"What the heck is Splatoon?" some may ask, well, Splatoon is a game where you play as a humanoid squid, called an Inkling (in Splatoon 2, you can play as an octopus version called an Octoling), and you compete online against other players in ink battles, whether its the for fun game of Turf War or the more competitive ranked battles. The game also has a campaign mode for each of the two currently released games, and the second game has a DLC which unlocks the previously mentioned Octoling to play.

Splatoon also has a third game in the works that was announced last month, so that's a topic to discuss too!

Have you played Splatoon? If so, which game was your first? Mine was Splatoon 2

And some extra questions under the spoiler cuz i wanna know everything Splatoon lol
Spoiler
Show
Favourite Weapon?
Favourite Special Weapon?
Favourite Character?
Favourite Stage?
Favourite Splatfest? (if you've played one)
Favourite literally anything else cuz idk what else to ask lol
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

alleykat3000
Pup
Pup

Re: Splatoon

Post by alleykat3000 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:44 am

I’m surprised I’ve never played Splatoon. I’ve heard of it several times, but just haven’t gotten the chance to really try it. I’ll end up getting it and trying it sometime soon after reading this.
"You survived what you thought would kill you.
Now straighten your crown and move forward like the queen you are."

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:22 pm

alleykat3000 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:44 am
I’m surprised I’ve never played Splatoon. I’ve heard of it several times, but just haven’t gotten the chance to really try it. I’ll end up getting it and trying it sometime soon after reading this.
It's pretty fun! There's a third game coming out next year if you're interested in getting a more recent splatoon game, Splatoon 2 is still a good play, heck even the first splatoon is still a very good game to play even though every kind of event is over for both released games. Still so much to do and there's story modes.

I'm excitedly waiting for the next nintendo direct this month cuz it might have Splatoon 3 news
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:54 pm

i started playing splatoon (specifically 2) last yearish, during that promotion they did around that time! i have a lot of friends in the splatoon fandom now through a couple mutual friends :] i tend to play inkbrush because i love short range slapping! but i think my least favorite map has to be snapper canal... all my homies hate snapper canal
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 am

rowantobias wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:54 pm
i started playing splatoon (specifically 2) last yearish, during that promotion they did around that time! i have a lot of friends in the splatoon fandom now through a couple mutual friends :] i tend to play inkbrush because i love short range slapping! but i think my least favorite map has to be snapper canal... all my homies hate snapper canal
Brush gang!! I main the Kensa Octobrush :> Ultra Stamp became my favourite special the moment I used this weapon after unlocking it at level 20 (it feels so long ago despite only being over a year... and I'm level 53 now)

And yea snapper isnt too good of a map, but Moray Towers is my personal least favourite. Also Kelp Dome. Goby Arena as well but only really for Rainmaker (my friends call it basketball heck). My fav stage is probably Piranha Pit though only cuz it was the first map I played on, otherwise I cant decide lol.
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:34 pm

IceaPlayzPC wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 am
Brush gang!! I main the Kensa Octobrush :> Ultra Stamp became my favourite special the moment I used this weapon after unlocking it at level 20 (it feels so long ago despite only being over a year... and I'm level 53 now)
omg i think my friend tea mains kensa octobrush too! i considered trying octobrush but i don't really like any of the special and sub weapon combos the octobrushes have ;___; i think i'm just picky, lol. i should probably try branching out my weapon types though - when i started i used roller (great starter weapon, btw), and i think i've more lately been interested in trying the range blaster, i think?
IceaPlayzPC wrote:
And yea snapper isnt too good of a map, but Moray Towers is my personal least favourite. Also Kelp Dome. Goby Arena as well but only really for Rainmaker (my friends call it basketball heck). My fav stage is probably Piranha Pit though only cuz it was the first map I played on, otherwise I cant decide lol.
moray tower is the worst for brushes !!!!!!!!!! i don't like it so much either LOL but i have gotten some pretty nice splats on it. i think my favorite map might be manta maria.... i think it's cute!

also i keep putting off finishing octo expansion ;_; my friends are encouraging me to finish and i KNOW it's a good dlc but i keep getting intimidated!! haha
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

IceaPlayzPC

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:59 am

rowantobias wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:34 pm
IceaPlayzPC wrote:
omg i think my friend tea mains kensa octobrush too! i considered trying octobrush but i don't really like any of the special and sub weapon combos the octobrushes have ;___; i think i'm just picky, lol. i should probably try branching out my weapon types though - when i started i used roller (great starter weapon, btw), and i think i've more lately been interested in trying the range blaster, i think?
IceaPlayzPC wrote:
moray tower is the worst for brushes !!!!!!!!!! i don't like it so much either LOL but i have gotten some pretty nice splats on it. i think my favorite map might be manta maria.... i think it's cute!

also i keep putting off finishing octo expansion ;_; my friends are encouraging me to finish and i KNOW it's a good dlc but i keep getting intimidated!! haha
I'm unfashionably late, i don't check the forums often anymore lol! But yea Moray is the absolute worst for brushes so i usually just use a shooter or E-Liter for it. Meanwhile my favourite map is either Piranha Pit or Sturgeon Shipyard. (Edit: its been so long that i completely forgot that i already said my favourite map last post, so im keeping my mistake here for the lols)

Also yes i def recommend finishing Octo Expansion, at least the story xD you dont have to do every single level and you can go back and do the ones you missed later - i just got all that i needed to finish the story cuz i really badly wanted to play as an octoling so i just crunched the entire story in a day (and the day before i finished octo canyon in a day to see a message alluding to it.... only to not go talk to the squid sisters to see it. Oops. I read it on the wiki later tho).

Also the new Splatoon 3 stuff revealed a few weeks ago is???? so good??????? I flipped my lid when it came up and i had to watch the trailer several times cuz all i focused on the first time was the fluffy octarians jashdkjasf
|•——————)(——————•|
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)