Nintendogs/Nintendogs + Cats

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Nintendogs/Nintendogs + Cats

Post by Nek0chan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:09 am

Does anyone play Nintendogs or Nintendogs + Cats ? if so, what dogs/cats do you have ? and what is your favourite version ?

I played Nintendogs Dalmatian & Friends as a a kid and loved it, so much so, than when I bought a 3DS I bought the 3 Nintendogs + Cats games XD :lol:
In Nintendogs Dalmatian I had a male Dalmatian named "Spots" (yeah, 12-year-old-me ws very imaginative :roll:). I don't have the game anymore, so If memory serves he won the Disk championship.
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

Zawki

Re: Nintendogs/Nintendogs + Cats

Post by Zawki » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:50 am

I used to love Nintendogs so much. I think I first started playing the games when I was 7, and they were one of my favourite games at the time.

I can relate to loving the game so much that I got more, haha... I believe I had all but one of the original games, and later got a "+ Cats" game after their release.
┌────────────────┤├────────────────┐
When the sky is clear and day has turned to night,
the land is touched by a beautiful moonlight.
└────────────────────────────────────┘

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:35 am

I'm glad to see someone else who likes Nintendogs! :D :pawprint:

Now that you mention it, I bought French Bulldog on release and Golden Retriever and Poodle versions when they became Nintendo Selects.

I found Nintendogs Dachshund, Nintendogs Labrador and Nintendogs Chihuahua at a local second hand store yesterday, the first two going for 5€ and the latter selling for 8€. I bought Dachshund & Friends and I will go to to buy the other two when I can.

I'm quite surprised at how cheap Nintendogs games are selling, most ds games - even 2nd hand - have become very rare to find and ridiculously expensive. I think the Best Friends and Dalmatian editions are pricier, since they're very rare, and I believe fewer copies were made.

• POST MERGE
I bought Chihuahua & Friends and Lab & Friends today! :mrgreen: :D
Last edited by Neamara on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged double post in accordance with the forum guidelines.
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

starbeam
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Rune

Post by starbeam » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:21 am

I love Nintendogs !!

The Dachshund version was the first one I got when I was a kid / back when those games were new.
I got the Chihuahua version too but it was stolen

A few year ago I got one of the 3ds ones with the cats (I don't remember which version exactly & I'm too lazy to get up to check)
and I have a husky named Sprite and a calico cat named Cappuccino

I also got my younger sister the French Bulldog version and she loves it (& it's so unfortunate that they took bark mode out of the games though, I loved that- that, agility trials, and trainer rankings. There's the streetpass thing but it's not the same)

I also think it would have been cool if it could connect to the internet
so you could compete in competitions against other players instead of just the npcs, and if there were both local & internet options for bark mode (this again) so you could play with random people's dogs around the world (they'd have to include filters for dog names and stuff to assure everything's appropriate, but that's a given for online play)
"...with a heart of gold and eyes that shine amber ran a she-wolf who thought she could run forever..."

retired from the user writings section of this forum (2010-2012). occasionally on now for the nostalgia