GRIS

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

xc92u3

GRIS

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:20 am

This is a 2D Indie platformer game, made by Nomada Studio, based on the watercolor journey of a girl through the five main stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance)
This game captivated me. The music was beautiful, along with the watercolor appearance of the game and its story. And I happened to play it right after my papa died, so that was kind of a touching coincidence.
It was released 2019, last summer, I believe. I came across it on Steam the very day after it had been released, watched the ads, but I wasn't able to get it and play it until it went on sale. I watched the ads and knew I'd definitely be playing it soon.
It was animated mainly with Adobe Photoshop, and it's also a Spanish game, so some of the music has a slightly different feel than what I was expecting, and that was a nice touch. And when you look at the game map diagram in Extras, it's in Spanish!
It was in development for three years, and so far, this is the only game that Nomada has made. This may change in the future (I hope so!).
And... bonus fact. FaceBook actually rejected GRIS's fourth ad! Nothing was wrong with it. I'm not sure what went wrong there... :roll:
Edit: Some of the appearance also seemed to be inspired by the game Journey, which was very pleasing, too!