NyxQuest

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Have you seen this game?

I don't even have a Wii...
22%
No
67%
Yes
No votes
Yes, but I don't like it
No votes
Yes, and I love it!
11%

Total votes: 9

xc92u3

NyxQuest

Post by xc92u3 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:02 pm

'Ello y'all >:3
Okay, this is a Wii game, (haha I still have a Wii XD) and what I think is cool is that's it's based off a legend...
You're this angel thing named Nyx, who is trying to rescue Icaras (your friend).
There are things everywhere that kill you: Harpies, Black Serpents, fire balls, spikes, blazing sand, the Eye of Argos' blinks, and on and on... x(
To glide, you press Z on the Nunchuck, to flap press A on Wii Remote, move around tilt the joystick on Nunchuck, pretty straight-forward controls.
WARNING: At times, this game is so, so, so, so, SO hard... actually, I'm in a pickle right now. A smelly one that's been soaking in vinegar too long. I'm in the same chapter as Icarcas, Mount Parassus II (that what it's called??) and I'm just stuck...

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Re: NyxQuest

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:51 am

I still have a Wii, too, but it doesn't really get used much these days.

When it comes to difficult parts of games, there can be useful videos on YouTube that may help you clear certain parts of the game. Though I'm personally kinda stubborn and only ever consider watching videos for help if I'm really struggling with something, like if I've left a game for ages, returned, and forgot what I was meant to be doing.

Anyway, sounds like an interesting game. I've never heard of it, but it does sound fun.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:06 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:I still have a Wii, too, but it doesn't really get used much these days.

When it comes to difficult parts of games, there can be useful videos on YouTube that may help you clear certain parts of the game. Though I'm personally kinda stubborn and only ever consider watching videos for help if I'm really struggling with something, like if I've left a game for ages, returned, and forgot what I was meant to be doing.

Anyway, sounds like an interesting game. I've never heard of it, but it does sound fun.
I've already watched two videos on how to get past the Eye of Argos XD

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:11 am

I'm guessing it's hard in an action way, not a puzzling way? When I was kinda young (like seven), I would get my brother to clear hard parts of games for me (you'll never catch me doing that now though, I take too much pride in clearing things myself these days).
I'd say good ways of clearing those hard parts of the game which involve action and fighting or any of that stuff would be: Persistence or a sibling with good gaming experience.

Tip: It'll feel a lot more achieving if you use persistence and succeed.

(By the way, Argos is a company over here. You can order things from their catalog, then it comes along on a conveyor and you can collect it once you've paid for it.)
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:25 pm

waitaminute
Now I'm wondering if the company Argos made NyxQuest XD

Nope, I'm the oldest sibling of the household haeeeeeeeeeeee so confused XD
Yeah, it's both a puzzle and fighting game, and it CURRRRRAAAAAZZYY sometimes :mrgreen:

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:38 pm

I like those kinds of games. The Legend of Zelda is a great series when you want a mix of puzzles and action.

Anyway, when it comes to fighting things, sometimes enemies in games have movement patterns. If you're struggling with an enemy or something, it's often a good idea to observe your opponent for a bit. If you detect a movement pattern, you can then try to work out when the best time to attack is.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Harpies are so easy to take out, just blast them away and they go POOF!
But while you're running and dodging and all this other stuff, there's this big red glowy hot star thing that is shooting meteorite things at you and if you do not blast them you will get hit, and lose your much-needed health. When you shoot a meteor, it'll split into three smaller ones... and it's really hard to aim while trying to dodge fireballs at the same time and all that stuff... AAAAAA
I have the Legend of Zelda on my Wii but I've never played it before, only my mom has (am I crazy?).
Yes, harpies have movement patterns, they just go back and forth. Black Serpents you can't really study because they pop up and attack you quick, and you can't really pull away from them... and fireballs go what direction they go and only go when there's an emitter... BLOCK dah EMITTER

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:51 pm

That's one of the few problems with the Wii, the controls can be a little fiddly. I guess it's best to keep practicing, and I'm sure you'll get the hang of whichever part you're trying to clear eventually. But then you'll probably encounter an even harder part later...
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:06 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:That's one of the few problems with the Wii, the controls can be a little fiddly. I guess it's best to keep practicing, and I'm sure you'll get the hang of whichever part you're trying to clear eventually. But then you'll probably encounter an even harder part later...
I'm not sure what'll happen after I beat the part... still haven't got it... do I have to seriously drag Icaras the whole way back, or did he die??

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:01 am

I guess you'll just have to keep trying different things until you figure out exactly what to do.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Hey, this sounds cool! I have a Wii and I use it whenever it works, I haven't heard of this game, but I'll definitely be checking it out!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:20 pm

I BEAT IT YES
I rescued Icaras
ah yessssss

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ForeverEverest » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:29 am

Congratulations. Did you find some kind of tactic or strategy to defeating it?
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:04 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:Congratulations. Did you find some kind of tactic or strategy to defeating it?
No XD
There isn't much of a strategy, when the drums start playing that means you RUN (and run through obstacles.. and until you die XD)