The Isle

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

The Isle

Post by SheWolf17 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 am

The Isle: Can You Survive?

The Isle is an open-world multiplayer dinosaur sandbox game that will feature several different user created game modes.

The first game mode being developed is an open-world survival experience where players will choose to play as one of three human factions; Rangers, Mercenaries or Poachers. They will face off against the primeval inhabitants of The Isle with superior fire power and technology, relying on their wits to survive the hostile environment and their force of will to endure.

Playing as one of the indigenous prehistoric creatures gamers can form groups, explore The Isle, establish bases, create packs, discover data logs left by Project Lazarus and compete for the DNA left behind by those responsible for creating The Isle.

The Isle features a non-linear narrative told strictly through the environment. Hidden locations and ancient artifacts will be dynamically created on The Isle revealing the how and why of The Isle. Players will need to work together to uncover all of the secrets of The Isle. Discovering these locations and artifacts will unlock several key plot devices which will further the communal narrative forward.

The Isle Official Website: http://findtheisle.com/
The Isle on Steam:
The Isle Community Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/bU6EFCG
Fan-Trailer: http://findtheisle.com/#!/the-isle-fan-trailer
Screenshots: http://findtheisle.com/#!/dinos

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (Windows):
MINIMUM:
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster.
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R9 280X series card or higher.
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Additional Notes: This game needs a dedicated graphics card to run. It will struggle to run on laptops, notebooks etc.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 3 GHz or faster.
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 series card or higher.
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Additional Notes: Experimental Direct X 12 Supported with Windows 10. Use -DX12 in the launch arguments.

The Isle is one of the best dinosaur simulation games, and you can play with your friends, one thing I really like! :pawprint:
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator
I felt like a deer in the lights

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Re: The Isle

Post by Shiranuiii » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 pm

• I've played this since it pretty much came out but I quit a while ago because of the dev team.

Not a bad game and I do love the dinosaurs honestly.
๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ/๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿข/๐Ÿข๐Ÿช | ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ถ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฟ๐—Š๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ๐—
๐–ฃ๐–พ๐–ผ๐–พ๐—†๐–ป๐–พ๐—‹ ๐Ÿค๐Ÿข๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฉ | ๐–ด๐–ฎ๐–ณ๐–ฌ
๐– ๐—๐–บ๐—๐–บ๐—‹ | Lupe

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Shiranuiii wrote:
  • I've played this since it pretty much came out but I quit a while ago because of the dev team.

Not a bad game and I do love the dinosaurs honestly.
Yeah, I also love the dinosaurs in this game (animations, behavior...) Besides graphics, if you have a good PC... Something I donโ€˜t have ;-; LOL XD
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator

Shiranuiii

Post by Shiranuiii » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:51 pm

• word, my laptop can't handle the graphics unless it's windowed really small and everything on low,
    haha.
๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ/๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿข/๐Ÿข๐Ÿช | ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿง ๐—’๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—Œ ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐–ถ๐—ˆ๐—…๐–ฟ๐—Š๐—Ž๐–พ๐—Œ๐—

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:32 am

My WolfQuest can not even run on "Fantastic" (and I love good graphics) And I donโ€˜t buy The Isle, because my PC will explode if I play in "Lowโ€œ XD
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:01 pm

The Isle is an okay game but the dev team sucks....they have a poor attitude especially from the lead developer.

The dinosaurs are really cool, though, and I like the animations.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:The Isle is an okay game but the dev team sucks....they have a poor attitude especially from the lead developer.
So, I'll bite: What's wrong with their attitude?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Shiranuiii

Post by Shiranuiii » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm

• I'm pretty sure on more than one occasion, they've just completely been rude to the community?? I know Dondi has been horrid and he pretty much hates the entire community.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Shiranuiii wrote:
  • I'm pretty sure on more than one occasion, they've just completely been rude to the community?? I know Dondi has been horrid and he pretty much hates the entire community.
Yes. They are very rude. The lead developer's attitude is basically like: "I don't care about you or the community. I don't care about your suggestions for gameplay. I don't care what you like or don't like: if you don't like a thing in my game, don't play it." He makes his hatred of the community obvious, and he makes fun of his fans all the time. As long as he has your money, he doesn't care about you or what the fans of his game think.

It all puts a sour taste in my mouth. That's why I stopped playing - they already have my money, but I'm not sinking anymore time into that game.

I will say this though, the devs of the Isle work really hard.

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:Yes. They are very rude. The lead developer's attitude is basically like: "I don't care about you or the community. I don't care about your suggestions for gameplay. I don't care what you like or don't like: if you don't like a thing in my game, don't play it." He makes his hatred of the community obvious, and he makes fun of his fans all the time. As long as he has your money, he doesn't care about you or what the fans of his game think.

It all puts a sour taste in my mouth. That's why I stopped playing - they already have my money, but I'm not sinking anymore time into that game.

Come to think of it, I had never heard that these developers were "rude", as you said...
The game is good, great graphics, cool animations, but the creators don't care about the players :|

:roll: Also, I wanted to know what was the dinosaur skin that everyone liked, mine is what is in this photo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy8VhpKUAAAe677.jpg
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 am

Nymeria10 wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote:Yes. They are very rude. The lead developer's attitude is basically like: "I don't care about you or the community. I don't care about your suggestions for gameplay. I don't care what you like or don't like: if you don't like a thing in my game, don't play it." He makes his hatred of the community obvious, and he makes fun of his fans all the time. As long as he has your money, he doesn't care about you or what the fans of his game think.

Come to think of it, I had never heard that these developers were "rude", as you said...
The game is good, great graphics, cool animations, but the creators don't care about the players :|

:roll: Also, I wanted to know what was the dinosaur skin that everyone liked, mine is what is in this photo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy8VhpKUAAAe677.jpg
That's my favourite skin too, its so striking. :)

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:35 am

I've been on the watch for this game for few weeks and I was going to buy it till I realized it might not run well on my PC.
Can you tell me if it might work in low settings properly? No lags and stuff.

System
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.85 GB usable)
System type: 64-Bit Operating System
WINDOWS 7

I run this PC on WolfQuest at the moment and several games like Champions Online, Alicia, Feral Heart, Spore, Primal Carnage: Extinction, Dino D-Day, Aliens vs. Predator and WolfTeam (Most of them in low settings or medium settings). These are the games that I have played in the past or right now installed, works alright.

Games this PC can't run well good like Depth, Sonic Generations and Assassin's Creed 3 (These games do run but laggy even on the lowest settings.)
All of these games I just mentioned are from Steam or added to Steam.
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:32 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:That's my favourite skin too, its so striking. :)
Wow, it's a beautiful skin! X3
I also like the Carnotaurus, He is fast (and it's already an advantage) just its size, which is much smaller than the T-Rex :roll:

• Post Merge
TheOnlyTherian wrote:I've been on the watch for this game for few weeks and I was going to buy it till I realized it might not run well on my PC.

System
WINDOWS 7

I run this PC on WolfQuest at the moment and several games like Champions Online, Alicia, Feral Heart, Spore, Primal Carnage: Extinction, Dino D-Day, Aliens vs. Predator and WolfTeam (Most of them in low settings or medium settings). These are the games that I have played in the past or right now installed, works alright.

Games this PC can't run well good like Depth, Sonic Generations and Assassin's Creed 3 (These games do run but laggy even on the lowest settings.)
Well, The Isle is a game that requires a great computer and a good video card.
If your PC can not run Depth very well, you will not be able to run The Isle. :|

Maybe if you have a good video card (NVIDIA GeFoce, for example) The Isle can run on your PC, you should only have a bit of lag...
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ โ™ช
A shot in the dark
A past lost in space
Where do I start?
The past and the chase
You hunted me down
Like a wolf, a predator

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:33 am

Nymeria10 wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote:That's my favourite skin too, its so striking. :)
Wow, it's a beautiful skin! X3
I also like the Carnotaurus, He is fast (and it's already an advantage) just its size, which is much smaller than the T-Rex :roll:

• Post Merge
TheOnlyTherian wrote:I've been on the watch for this game for few weeks and I was going to buy it till I realized it might not run well on my PC.

System
WINDOWS 7

Well, The Isle is a game that requires a great computer and a good video card.
If your PC can not run Depth very well, you will not be able to run The Isle. :|

Maybe if you have a good video card (NVIDIA GeFoce, for example) The Isle can run on your PC, you should only have a bit of lag...
What a shame. No bother at all then, guess I have to wait till I can get a better PC or laptop in the future.
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

Shiranuiii

Post by Shiranuiii » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:13 am

• Yeahh I wish they'd make the graphics for laptops / computers a bit better, mine can run semi fine.