Dog Sled Saga

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Kelvin
Pup
Pup

Dog Sled Saga

Post by Kelvin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Usually I just pass racing games by, but one day I discovered Dog Sled Saga. Instead of driving a car around a track, here you drive a team of three or more dogs in a straight line. Hey, I can do that.

My favorite part of D.S.S is managing my team. Each dog has a fault, favorite thing and an ability that you learn by racing with him or her in harness. Placing a dog in the same position (middle, wheel or lead) several races in a row leads to an aptitude for that position.

I said you drive the team, but actually they move forward automatically. Your job during a race is to keep the lines from tangling, jump over obstacles and feed your dogs when they start flagging. (How do you feed them in mid-course? You toss biscuits to them- a fun if unrealistic mechanic.)

You can get Dog Sled Saga from Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286240/Dog_Sled_Saga/ for $8 (what is it with retailers and 99 cents anyway? Call it $8 already.) Ahem. If you're the kind of gamer who likes management but not grand strategy, or thought they'd never be good at racing, this may be the title for you.
"My home is not a place. It is people, sir."
-Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar

"You can get a lot of things done in dreams."
Brian Jacques

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Re: Dog Sled Saga

Post by Windstrider » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 pm

This looks interesting, I'll have to check it out some time.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 am

It is a good game, and its kinda addicting! I backed it on Kickstarter and I've been able to watch it grow. :)
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

FuzzyDesertPaw

Post by FuzzyDesertPaw » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:17 am

I've checked out and played the game. It's really nice. I recommend it for dog lovers.