Another wolf computer game.

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Re: Another wolf computer game.

Post by Jeames » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:10 pm

I've tried hundreds of times to download this game (last year) but I can't seem to get the game.
I guess the game doesn't work for Windows XP 7? Not sure how to fix it...
But I really want to try this for once.
Can someone help me out here?
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Not sure if any of you guys are still interested in this game or not (looks as if all the posts are a year old or older) but on the offchance anyone still is interested or having trouble setting the game Wolf up using dosbox I thought I would post the following link as it has a preconfigured version listed where you don't have to configure the game or even download dosbox...everything comes with the file and is already setup for you. Just click on dosbox to run the game.

Just makd sure you get the link that says preconfigured off of the page.
http://wolf-forum.forumh.net/t574-game-wolf-versions

You can also go back to this forums download page and get a link for lion with sounds. This version is also preconfigured so no worry about setup. Just download and click on dosbox to run.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Rustic wrote:Not sure if any of you guys are still interested in this game or not (looks as if all the posts are a year old or older) but on the offchance anyone still is interested or having trouble setting the game Wolf up using dosbox I thought I would post the following link as it has a preconfigured version listed where you don't have to configure the game or even download dosbox...everything comes with the file and is already setup for you. Just click on dosbox to run the game.

Just makd sure you get the link that says preconfigured off of the page.
http://wolf-forum.forumh.net/t574-game-wolf-versions

You can also go back to this forums download page and get a link for lion with sounds. This version is also preconfigured so no worry about setup. Just download and click on dosbox to run.
  • NOTE: The links on the page Rustic has linked to will only show up if you are registered on the forum. In case anyone was looking for them like I was!

Fairies Gift

Post by Fairies Gift » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:37 am

I love this game! only thing I hate about it is the wolves are closely related, its hard making a pack where the wolves are not related.

deerhunterfan
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by deerhunterfan » Thu May 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Sanctuary woods is making an online version! i hope its about to come out soon! :)
Elk are tasty!- evan the wolf

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu May 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Sanctuary Woods Inc. is defunct (correct me if I'm wrong); I don't believe they are making an online version. According to Wolf's Wikipedia page, an unofficial online version of Wolf was made by Raven Woods.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

pickledham
Pup
Pup

Post by pickledham » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Fairies Gift wrote:I love this game! only thing I hate about it is the wolves are closely related, its hard making a pack where the wolves are not related.
I don't mind this feature; it makes the game more realistic. In most real life wolf packs the members are closely related. They don't tend to accept strangers into the group.
----------------------
trouble is a friend of mine

trolling existence since 1st millennium BC

Indasa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Indasa » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:36 am

I would like to play the game, but I don't know how to install it. I download it, but the link how to install it, don't work right. :( Please help.

black_wolf_2010
Pup
Pup

Post by black_wolf_2010 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:52 am

Huh, I hope Im not too late XD
Sorry but the link you've posted 'Does not exist.'

Im trying to play by mac, and Im having trouble.. :?
Stealing your candy while you read this ^-^

signymaria
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by signymaria » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Im on a mac and nothing works on it or its to complicated for me xD But i really wanna play this game... Is anyone else here with a mac that can run their game and tell me how?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:44 am

Neamara wrote:Sanctuary Woods Inc. is defunct (correct me if I'm wrong); I don't believe they are making an online version. According to Wolf's Wikipedia page, an unofficial online version of Wolf was made by Raven Woods.
Ha, I remember helping out with Wolf Online years back (even if it was just recolouring sprites :'D) I don't quite remember if it grew into anything big, but they did get it to work.
signymaria wrote:Im on a mac and nothing works on it or its to complicated for me xD But i really wanna play this game... Is anyone else here with a mac that can run their game and tell me how?
I don't have a Mac myself and have zero experience with them so I'm just grasping here, but Boxer might be your friend here: http://boxerapp.com/

It looks pretty user-friendly, too.. Wish I could test it for you but I'm on a Windows! I'm assuming what you do is just download both Boxer and the Wolf game, then launch Boxer, then import the Wolf folder into it and go from there. Good luck! (quick edit- just realised that this is already from over a month ago, but hey :x)

HowlerOfTheWolves
Pup
Pup

Post by HowlerOfTheWolves » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:40 pm

If you are just a subordinate wolf (not an Alpha) then will the NPC alphas still mate? Or is the only way to see pups is to have them yourself?

EternalLaughter
Pup
Pup

Post by EternalLaughter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:31 pm

This seems like an interesting game
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm
for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll
be warm for the rest of his life.
●~ Terry Pratchett~●

avvie: LupinzPack

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Wed May 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Is it similar to WolfQuest with added areas etc or is it a 2d game?
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed May 13, 2015 1:54 pm

LupaValdo2001-2014 wrote:Is it similar to WolfQuest with added areas etc or is it a 2d game?
The mechanics and general gameplay are much different from WolfQuest. And yes, this is a 2D game. You can choose to play in the Artic, Timber, or Plains, and your wolf will stay there; from what I recall, you will not change areas. The only thing that will change in your environment is seasons, prey avaliability during seasons I think, your wolf's status potentially, etc. You can specify these options though and select what you want to start off with if you choose to do the sandbox simulation.