What Other "Quest" Games Would You Like to Have?

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

+Moon+
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: What Other "Quest" Games Would You Like to Have?

Post by +Moon+ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 pm

HumanQuest... Oh wait no, that's real life (could do with some upgrades, tho)...

A bird one would be pretty cool with the flying, although the mechanics of it (so it runs smoothly and feels natural) could prove to be a challenge.
"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you"
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Avvie by Fidd

crazy turtle tina
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by crazy turtle tina » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:29 pm

I would love to see any kind of bird quest type of game.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:44 pm

i think owlquest would be really cool. You could hunt and live as a species of owl. Instead of a scent view like in wq, there's a sound view that allows you to hear your prey (a barn owl can hear a mouse's heartbeat from the forest floor and can hunt in complete darkness). You can nest in barns or trees.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:46 pm

harrishawk wrote:i think owlquest would be really cool. You could hunt and live as a species of owl. Instead of a scent view like in wq, there's a sound view that allows you to hear your prey (a barn owl can hear a mouse's heartbeat from the forest floor and can hunt in complete darkness). You can nest in barns or trees.
This would be quite cool actually!

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:50 pm

SilkenGalaxy wrote:
harrishawk wrote:i think owlquest would be really cool. You could hunt and live as a species of owl. Instead of a scent view like in wq, there's a sound view that allows you to hear your prey (a barn owl can hear a mouse's heartbeat from the forest floor and can hunt in complete darkness). You can nest in barns or trees.
This would be quite cool actually!

I was about to say that!

I'd also think Whalequest would be interesting, or any underwater 'Quest' simulator. Whales never cease to fascinate me.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:24 pm

For me I would definitely have to say Foxquest! For a variety of reasons.

First just because like wolves I LOVE foxes, and as a kid reading such books as Red Fox, and Haunt Fox I always used to think it would be fun to have a fox video game where you could play as a fox outwitting the hunting hounds.

Now of course...I would really just like a realistic fox simulation style game like wolfquest...but that idea of playing as a fox outwitting the hounds still somewhat persists...and lastly...I just love watching those little foxes in Wolfquest diving into the snow trying to catch mice. I think that would be fun to do in a realistic fox sim game.

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:16 am

OwlQuest sounds really interesting, or OrcaQuest.
But mostly I would love to have a SpottedHyenaQuest <3 They're amezing, yet very misunderstood animals, so hopefully a game like that would clear up some misconceptions and show they're actually very intelligent and social apex predators. Their clan dynamics should also make for an interesting experience..
☀ "Beттer тo Lιɢнт oɴe cαɴdle, тнαɴ Cυrѕe тнe Dαrĸɴeѕѕ" ★

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Arcturus221B wrote:OwlQuest sounds really interesting, or OrcaQuest.
But mostly I would love to have a SpottedHyenaQuest <3 They're amezing, yet very misunderstood animals, so hopefully a game like that would clear up some misconceptions and show they're actually very intelligent and social apex predators. Their clan dynamics should also make for an interesting experience..
Yass to all of that. Spotted hyenas are awesome. Hyenas could have a scent-cam and a call like in WQ. There could also be den location choosing, defending against den attackers, and hunting. HawkQuest (or some type of bird quest) would be cool too; you could pick a nest spot, hunt, protect your eggs, and teach your babies to fly.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:20 pm

SpiderQuest. I love spiders very much, and they are often misunderstood and feared. A fun game about spiders may change that! There'd be a lot of babies, though... Imagine WolfQuest but with hundreds of eight-legged pups!

Or OwlQuest, mainly because it sounds fun to fly around the maps.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:20 am

PearlyReborn wrote: SpiderQuest. I love spiders very much, and they are often misunderstood and feared. A fun game about spiders may change that! There'd be a lot of babies, though... Imagine WolfQuest but with hundreds of eight-legged pups!

Or OwlQuest, mainly because it sounds fun to fly around the maps.
That'd be cool. One of my first stuffed animals was a tarantula (still have it), spiders ftw. xD
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

Good vibes

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:54 am

Here's another suggestion! Sea Lion Quest! It'd nice seeing more about what a sea lion's life is like! Or maybe PuffinQuest or AlbatrossQuest, or any other sea bird quest really....

Amaterasu123

Post by Amaterasu123 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:21 pm

OMG! I would love if they had a hyena quest! :D I absolutely love spotted hyena's and wolves.

The Dancing Demon
Pup
Pup
Name: Rak

Post by The Dancing Demon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:53 pm

HorseQuest
UnicornQuest
EagleQuest
StrayDogQuest
CatQuest
OrcaQuest
YouTuberQuest

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:02 am

This^^would be awesome! I would love to be able to fly around the map.
HorseQuest would be one I'd die for. I can rarely find a good horse game, so one similar to WQ where you gather your herd and such would be heaven for me.
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Owlquest could even be one that's probably do-able, because of possible missions. Such as, similar to WQ, hunt, find a mate, choose a nesting site/hollow, raise and feed your chicks. But instead of the rendezvous site, your mission would be to teach them how to fly. Either it would end there or you could maybe teach them how to hunt next.

And like scent view, owls could have a 'hearing view' with different colored sound wave things. If playing as a barn owl, your uneven ear slits would give you a slightly different and more advanced hearing view. A tutorial-type mission could be to learn how to hear and navigate. You could have certain keys that you use to tilt your owl's head, expand or contract its facial disk, etc. Movement could use the same system as WQ but maybe have mouse-based steering like in FeralHeart so you can move/fly properly (not with pg up/pg dn as that'd be a pain; just flying or walking in the direction you look would be easiest and most user-friendly. There would also be a 'fly/land' key that allows you to perch on a tree or rock, or land on the ground to walk if needed. Each 'episode' could focus on a different type of owl in its respective environment with skills, prey, etc suited to it.

Edit: Also, if needed or if more realistic, instead of starting as a lone owl, there could be a tutorial before the actual game and missions start in which you start out in your parents' hollow and have to learn how to fly and have a practice hunt or two before going out on your own. Then it could, afterwards, have a screen fade and cutscene or pan to your owl in the spawning/starting area, like how WQ starts games.

Good vibes