Favorite Video Game soundtrack?

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Kouga
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Favorite Video Game soundtrack?

Post by Kouga » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Shadow Hearts. I and II. By far. :)
The power of the pack

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Minecraft has some nice music :P

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 am

TimberRaven wrote:Minecraft has some nice music :P
IT DOES.

My favourite track is "Dead Voxel" which is one of the tracks that plays in the nether.

I'll also have to admit, one of the songs from the twilight forest mod is absolutely amazing.
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Uzumaaki » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:54 am

I've been listening to a lot of Kingdom Hearts music recently cos my bf is preparing for the release of KH3 and the music is SO GOOD
av by theinfinite

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm

pretty much any main series Elder Scrolls game has excellent music. Oblivion in particular has a fantastic OST, really sets an epic high fantasy atmosphere and i love the main theme... Skyrim too has a lot of great songs. like Secunda is a beautiful track, i have many fond memories of it and it's probably the song i think of most when i think of travelling the Skyrim landscape and appreciating the beautiful scenery... Morrowind has a great soundtrack too, but since i sadly never had the chance to play it (hoping to change that soon) i'm not as familiar with the music

the first Fable game has always been one of my absolute favorites and a big part of it is the music and atmosphere. Summer Fields, Guild, and Temple of Light are fantastic tracks. I think Guild is usually the song I think of when I think of this game, 'cuz man... that track is really good. it reminds me almost of the legendary Temple of Time from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Speaking of which...

Ocarina of Time has one of the best soundtracks ever, without a doubt. unsurprising considering a big part of the game is playing songs on your ocarina, so the music has to be good, right? i love pretty much every song on that OST man

the Dragon Ball Z Budokai games have pretty good soundtracks too. unfortunately most of the songs were plagiarized, but man they were still really good and made the fights that much more epic. Budokai Tenkaichi 2 also had a good soundtrack, it was actually way better than the Tenkaichi 3 soundtrack for some reason

a couple others that had good OSTs:
Undertale
pretty much any Sonic game TBH but especially the classic games and adventure titles
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Plague Inc/Plague Inc Evolved
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin; though pretty much any Castlevania game has pretty awesome music
Spore
Sims 2
Viva Pinata
Life is Strange (LiS Before the Storm has a good OST too from what i've heard)

and probably others that i'm not thinking of right now
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

DarkSoul122
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DarkSoul122 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:59 am

I would say the witcher 3 soundtrack.
Cringy Username

The Dancing Demon
Pup
Pup
Name: Rak

Post by The Dancing Demon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Horizon Zero Dawn had some nice music and interesting sound effects. And you know what? Wolfquest's soundtrack is personally the best in my opinion.

edit:

Oh, and I forgot to mention The Plan, Meadow and Electric Highways had some cool music as well.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Oh yeahhhh, the First Tree... cellos are hidden in the trees, there's so much music!
I'm a fox ^^
A mentally half-dead fox ^^

Paxis
Pup
Pup

Post by Paxis » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Ori and the Blind Forest is by far my favorite video game soundtrack. I haven't even had the chance to play the game yet, but I've listened to the music numerous times over the past several months. It's beautifully composed.

´*.¨¯`**¨¯`*
Username in-game is Paxis and wolf is Azura

Foxflamez
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Foxflamez » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:00 pm

Oh I love the Pokemon mystery dungeon soundtracks especially Explorers of sky. They're just so nostalgic and unique whenever I hear any of the dungeon tracks I immediately think of the dungeon its from.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:14 am

1. I really don't think any soundtrack surpasses Okami's. People are praising Sekiro's soundtrack right now (and rightfully so) but so many quality, authentic, immersive tracks for a game published in 2005~ says a lot. Okamiden's soundtrack is pretty close as well.
2. Assassin's Creed Revelations. Lorne Balfe worked on AC3's soundtrack as well but ACR is on a whole other level (and underrated). The multiplayer soundtrack is the best out there. Fans will talk your ear off about Jesper Kyd but I think Balfe's work on ACR is the most comprehensive and it does benefit a lot from having that extensive multiplayer soundtrack. That multiplayer soundtrack is partly for me why it's superior to Wintory's work in AC:S.
3. Night in the Woods. The way this little indie game uses music and sound is amazing, especially the layering in the dream sequences and in the bass playing-- another impressive swath of tracks.
4. Star Fox Assault. I need to find out who composed this but it's the still best soundtrack in the series and I listen to it a lot-- more than some of these on here, actually. SF Zero's can't even hold a candle to this one. Space Battleground (which you'll also hear in SS Brawl and Ultimate) is probably the most impressive track, along with Star Wolf's Theme and Corneria (Strategy). It's a solid ochestral soundtrack overall.
5. Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Of course they pick one of the best composers (Austin Wintory) for one of the more lackluster games in the series. It's a wonderful score.
6. Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. You wouldn't think a Neopets game would have a good soundtrack, but here we are.
7. Dark Souls II, with an emphasis on the DLC soundtracks (like Fume Knight). It's my favorite soundtrack of the series, through 3 had some really, really good tracks-- but not as many as 2, especially as far as DLC is concerned.

There's that whole idea of less is more but I think when it comes to soundtracks and scores, more is better when it comes to games and that's kind of how my list is oriented. It shows someone on the composition side really cared about immersion. Quality is important, too, but when it's a large soundtrack and they're mostly good, that's even better.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:46 am

Wolfquest's sound track will always be my favorite game soundtrack and in my opinion the best music I have ever heard. :D
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:48 am

Oh ho. You're asking me about game soundtracks?
Lost Ember has some interesting, emotional and beautiful compositions, but I think Gris is my top favorite. When I pulled up the Gris soundtrack on YouTube, Ori and the Blind Forest was going to come up next, so I think it's interesting that Paxis mentioned it.
What I think is funny about the names of all the songs in the Gris soundtrack is that they're mostly Japanese words, even though the game is Spanish-American.

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:43 pm

The A Hat in Time soundtrack

Just

yes.
|•——————)(——————•|
This is where the story ends,
Are we just beginning?
|•——————)(——————•|
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
My fate it rains, it rains like cinders
(`°•.(`°•.••••The cadent drums, the war it comes ••••.•°`).•°`)
Growing thunder, terror, wonder
(`°.(°._+_.°).°`)
Av-CatLover on Discord + Bottom Sig-Black Burn, Top Sig - Icea

Admiral Moonfire
Pup
Pup

Post by Admiral Moonfire » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:09 am

Like a lot of folks have mentioned, Okami has a pretty great soundtrack, and so does Ori and the Blind Forest. And most Legend of Zelda games. And as Koa said, Star Fox Assault. I tend to forget about that one because I don't have the soundtrack and haven't played it in a long time, but that was my introduction to Star Fox, and no version of Star Wolf's theme that I've heard since has ever lived up to the one in Assault.

My three favorites though would have to be:

(In no particular order.)

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire/Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Ruby was my first Pokémon game and I love it to death; I have a lot of fond memories associated with it, and hearing the soundtrack just makes me happy. The new music for ORAS (The delta episode stuff and Wally's theme.) is pretty good too. My favorite tracks are probably the Elite Four battle theme, the Oceanic Museum, Fallarbor Town, Verdanturf Town, and Sootopolis City. And pretty much everything else, honestly.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

So much good music in this one. I wish I had the soundtrack for it. Alas. I haven't played in a while, so I'm kinda fuzzy on what my favorite tracks are. I do know that when I was playing it more, I would catch myself humming the Chapter 4 (Reaper Fortress) music incessantly. xD

Xenoblade Chronicles

I only recently played this (Bought the 3DS version just before they announced the definitive edition.) but pretty quickly fell in love with the music. Bought the soundtrack before I'd even finished the game. So much of it is great, though I have to say my favorites are probably Engage the Enemy, The Battle is Upon Us, The Fallen Land, Valak Mountain (Night), and Sartorl Marsh (Night).
~•° °•~
"The future doesn't change. You change the future!" -Playmaker
°• . •°
Character and avatar © Me.