Guild Wars 2 PATH of FIRE

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Re: Guild Wars 2 (Heart of Thorns!!)

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:55 am

No idea what their Specialization Profession brings them with the Greatsword, however. I just know that you can get entirely new skills and stuff? Not just weapons.
Specializations

“... almost a secondary profession, if you will."
      • — Colin Johanson
  • Each profession can master a new specialization that grows the profession into something new
  • Specializations unlock access to a weapon previously unavailable to a profession, as well as new traits, skills, and unique mechanics, for example:
    • Ranger: Druid — able to equip a staff, given a new healing skill, elite skill, utility skills, and new profession mechanics
    • Necromancer — able to equip a greatsword
    • Mesmer — able to equip a Shield
    • Engineer — able to equip a hammer
  • Specializations will be swappable out of combat
  • Each profession will initially have one new specialization in Heart of Thorns, but it is a mechanic that will be used to grow professions in the future
--Source: GW2 Wiki
New Profession: Revenant
  • Heavy armor profession
  • Channels and controls the power of the Mists
  • Can channel the Mists into weapons, as well as utility and heal skills
  • Channels the power of great legends from Guild Wars past, and uses those to power the skills it has available, e.g.
    • When channeling King Jalis Ironhammer, the powers and abilities of great dwarves of years past become available to the Revenant to use in combat, and change its skills
    • Mallyx the Unyielding can be used to channel and control the power of conditions
The Mastery System
  • Account-based PvE progression system
  • Available to all level 80 characters
  • Complete content and overcome challenges to gain Mastery Points
    • Examples include completing elements of the story, finding hard-to-find and hard-to-reach locations, defeating challenges and group challenges, exploring entire maps, completing challenging achievements
  • Mastery Points can be spent on new abilities, e.g.
    • Exploration: hang gliding from the canopy, where more points might allow you to ride on a gust of wind to hard-to-reach locations
    • Lore: mastery points can be spent to to learn the languages of the civilizations of the jungle, learning about their histories, their secrets, and gaining access to hidden locations
    • Combat: gain new abilities to survive against and defeat the new enemies of the jungle, such as the ability to tear the bark off heavily armoured Mordrem
    • Collections: journeys across the world to gather components for precursors, and brand new legendary weapons
  • Some group events will be more difficult without combat masteries
  • Available all over the world, not just in the Heart of the Maguuma
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:02 am

I see. Thanks for those, heh.

Also can I just say I'm so glad that the Revenant is a heavy armored profession?

I guess they were bound to have heavy armor though, seeing that there are only two other professions with that sort of armor.
-
Icon - Riceboy

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:05 am

As a major GW1 player/Tyrian Lore Enthusiast I'm more hyped than ever for Revenant. Those people you get your power from? Yeah. I know them. Heck I'm pretty sure I talked to them before. I'm so excited. And there's a huge possibility you get some of your power from Glint herself. YEAH. Glint. The dragon. The awesome female dragon who helps you (but is dead now) and is the one that laid the egg that we're protecting. That Glint. She rocks.

Everything about the Revenant makes me happy.

Also Rytlock is the first Revenant. And I knew the new class was gonna be heavy armor for the same reason. I sensed it. I wonder if they'll make you have at least one lv80 before you can unlock Revenant?
i am ossan

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:16 am

Thank you based Glint.

And, well, I personally don't really see a good reason for them to make us do that, but yeah, you never know. I'm glad I got Zethif to 80 at least.
-
Icon - Riceboy

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Getting ahead of myself. Whew.

And I think the reason they'd do that is because it sounds like an advanced class. I'm almost hoping they do. It'd give people more stuff to work for, y'know? Like, an elite class, so to speak.

From what it sounds like, they channel powers of the Mists much like Elementalists channel power from the elements.
Now this is just a theory of mine but I think you channel different past heroes' power exactly like that in gameplay, by switching which hero's power you're channeling with F1, F2, F3, & F4 respectively just like you do with the Elementalist's Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. Changing your base skills.
i am ossan

Grin
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Grin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Necros with greatswords though-- And a shield for my mesmer.

I'd to get another character slot and level a necromancer before the expansion comes out. And then another slot for a revenant of course.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:03 pm

$20 worth of character slots, man. It hurts, but it'll be worth it. I wonder what the Necromancer Greatswords are going to be called. Dark Knights?

I need my spinning chainsaw.

I really hope Revenants can use greatswords. If not, I don't particularly mind. But it'd be nice.
i am ossan

Grin
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Grin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Yeah, same.
Sato Crow wrote:$20 worth of character slots, man. It hurts, but it'll be worth it. I wonder what the Necromancer Greatswords are going to be called. Dark Knights?
Paladims, perhaps.

Not really. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:51 pm

It really does, sadly. Maybe something like a "Butcher", hehe. Butcher class. Dual axes and a greatsword.

No in all seriousness I must know. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Thieves and Rifles.
i am ossan

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Sato Crow wrote:No in all seriousness I must know. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Thieves and Rifles.
YEAH for some reason I've always thought thieves already use rifles?? Unfortunately not, but they'd fit them quite well.
-
Icon - Riceboy

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Nope, they use pistols. I'd love to see a thief wield a rifle. Not just because I have a Legendary one in the making.

Call it Sniper or Assassin. So far the only real scary long-range classes are the Rangers. And seeing their downsides (using a longbow against a close target is not good) the thief could have something similar. Closer the target, less damage you do.
i am ossan

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:01 am

The game's 75% off until tomorrow (April 13th)! You should get it if you don't already own it. Seriously.

Also,
the Stronghold PvP Public Beta is coming on April 14th. Check out that link for more information.

could've worded this whole post better, i'm sure, but this'll have to do.
-
Icon - Riceboy

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:35 am

Don't know how I feel about the new PvP stuff. I've been into PvP here and there (ranked matches are psycho) but I can't get myself to be bothered to touch any of the betas. Almost had a chance to get into HoT beta testing and just--said no because I want to be able to play it with my friends when it comes out.

First line of business is to get another character slot.
i am ossan

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:19 am

Questions: should I bother with crafting at early levels? And is WvW worth doing at lower levels? (didn't even check if you can join at low level xP)

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:19 am

Angelion Blackfire wrote:Questions: should I bother with crafting at early levels? And is WvW worth doing at lower levels? (didn't even check if you can join at low level xP)

Answers:
should I bother with crafting at early levels?

Yes. Either way, the higher level you are, the harder it is to gain levels. I
personally preferred to craft at earlier levels to unlock all my skills and utilities. It made doing everything else a breeze.
is WvW worth doing at lower levels?

I think as long as you have ONE character that's within the lowest level cap (I think it's 12? Or 16...) then you can do WvW on any character no matter the level. I'd suggest going to Edge of the Mists and just following a commander/zerg around and capturing stuff if you're going to do this. This is honestly how I leveled a lot of the time. We'd just run around in a cycle and capture stuff over and over and over across the entire map. Depending on your servers/etc., you may or may not have a good commander on at all times. If you're going to WvW Borderlands (Eternal Battlegrounds/etc.) it's still best to stick with a zerg, especially at lower levels. You can easily be picked off by roamers. (They can tell you're an uplevel... They WILL target you above some one who is, say, level 80.)

In PvP your characters PvE level doesn't matter, however.

Hope that helps a little?
i am ossan