Shelter series

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Shelter/Shelter 2

Post by valkea » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:31 pm

Please do not double post, FuzzyDesertPaw. If you have something to add, edit your previous post instead.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Shelter series

Post by paperpaws » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:12 am

• * Edited the topic title to be more inclusive of other titles, such as Paws and Meadow.
Might and Delight are currently working on a sandbox online multiplayer game called Meadow. I've been accepted into the beta group yesterday, and it's pretty cute so far! It reminds me a bit of Endless Forest, although I've never properly played it -- you can only communicate non-verbally, and explore the world around you wtih your fellow animals.

There's some collectibles scattered around the world and you can unlock various animals to play, on top of unlocking their own unique skins and emotes. I think the game also recognises whether you own other Might and Delight games and grants you content accordingly; I'm able to play as a bear cub and as both an adult and cub lynx, probably because I own Shelter 2 and Paws.

It'll be out officially on October 26th. I honestly don't know if it'll be free or not, but it's worth checking out regardless if you're looking for a relaxing sandbox experience with beautiful (and adorable) visuals.

I sound like a commercial. sorry.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:14 am

Anduril wrote:
  • * Edited the topic title to be more inclusive of other titles, such as Paws and Meadow.
Might and Delight are currently working on a sandbox online multiplayer game called Meadow. I've been accepted into the beta group yesterday, and it's pretty cute so far! It reminds me a bit of Endless Forest, although I've never properly played it -- you can only communicate non-verbally, and explore the world around you wtih your fellow animals.

There's some collectibles scattered around the world and you can unlock various animals to play, on top of unlocking their own unique skins and emotes. I think the game also recognises whether you own other Might and Delight games and grants you content accordingly; I'm able to play as a bear cub and as both an adult and cub lynx, probably because I own Shelter 2 and Paws.

It'll be out officially on October 26th. I honestly don't know if it'll be free or not, but it's worth checking out regardless if you're looking for a relaxing sandbox experience with beautiful (and adorable) visuals.

I sound like a commercial. sorry.
I'll probably be buying it upon release.

Been following this game for awhile - can you only play as the main characters in the series (Lynx/Badger)? Or can you play as foxes and other animals featured in Shelter as well?
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:23 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:Been following this game for awhile - can you only play as the main characters in the series (Lynx/Badger)? Or can you play as foxes and other animals featured in Shelter as well?
You can play as quite a few! So far I have access to baby and adult badger, baby and adult lynx, and baby bear. (And the eagle, but that one is a bit different from the others since it can't really do anything else than fly around at a rather slow speed).

I believe there's at the very least a deer, a frog, a pronghorn goat, and a bunny to play as well. The store description states "9 animals to play", so I might be missing one..? I don't think foxes are in currently, but I wouldn't be too surprised if those were ever to be added. (not sure how much I'm actually supposed to be saying, but the store page shows the majority of these in the screenshots too, heh.)

I wonder if the game is actually going to cost anything... The store page does not give any price indication yet, and Paws was avaialable for pre-purchase. It'd be neat if this were to turn out to be a free online playground, just with rewards for buying the other games (and DLC).
  • EDIT
I think I got the list of animals wrong. Pretty sure there is no deer; that's just a skin for the goat. The 9 playable animals probably are baby badger, adult badger, baby lynx, adult lynx, bear cub, frog, rabbit, goat, eagle.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:05 pm

Foxes have been added and I think wolves are coming soon! It has had quite a few improvements.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 am

I got Shelter and Shelter 2 on Steam not too long ago, and I gotta say I really enjoy them!

Shelter is quite short, but the challenges that come in each level make up for the shortness of the game, and also the story is quite emotional...

And also there's Nuture, which is an alternate game mode that requires opening the game daily/regularly in order to progress, and so far I'm somewhere near Day 20. It takes a while to progress, and you don't have much to do at first, but it's well worth continuously playing it because you do end up with a rather large world to explore. Not sure if there's eagles/dangers in this mode though, I haven't encountered any so far.

Then there's Shelter 2! I enjoy this one too! Again, emotional story, nice challenges, longer playtime, and a lovely large open world to explore instead of set levels.

I have yet to get Meadow, but I would really love to get it, maybe if we can expand the computer's RAM, because the PC I use to play these games on has a small amount of RAM, making games a little laggy.

TacticianLyra
Pup
Pup

Post by TacticianLyra » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:48 pm

My younger sister has Paws, which prompted me to look up the other games. They sure do know how to end their games, don't they?
Phenomenal soundtrack for all three of them.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:38 pm

TacticianLyra wrote:My younger sister has Paws, which prompted me to look up the other games. They sure do know how to end their games, don't they?

And Meadow, too. The soundtrack on there is really lovely and relaxing.

Edit: in the new update, I saw that they thanked 'paperpaws' for the Dutch translation. That name looks familiar and I realized that's Anduril! Though I'm not Dutch myself I appreciate it when people translate games so everyone can enjoy them. Thank you ^_^
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:19 am

duskypack wrote:
TacticianLyra wrote:My younger sister has Paws, which prompted me to look up the other games. They sure do know how to end their games, don't they?

And Meadow, too. The soundtrack on there is really lovely and relaxing.

Edit: in the new update, I saw that they thanked 'paperpaws' for the Dutch translation. That name looks familiar and I realized that's Anduril! Though I'm not Dutch myself I appreciate it when people translate games so everyone can enjoy them. Thank you ^_^
Heheh, I only just saw this! Yeah, that was me :) thank you for the kind words!

I've been playing Meadow a bit more again lately. Although I mostly stick to the more empty groves and explore by my own, it's as relaxing as I remember it being. They continue to update it monthly as well, and although most are only minor updates adding in skins and the like, I'm very eager to see what October's anniversary update will bring... :)

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:12 pm

I play Meadow a lot more than is probably warranted actually. I'm excited for the art contest in September for the update because I want to participate in it. I missed all the previous ones.
DeviantArt
returning member from ancient times

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:41 am

I absolutely love the Shelter series, Meadow is the cutest game, I'm hyped for the anniversary update this month !!
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Shiranuiii wrote:
I absolutely love the Shelter series, Meadow is the cutest game, I'm hyped for the anniversary update this month !!
Oh yeah! I was reading about the anniversary update on Steam! Really excited for it! If only I had the game though.... (I don't have it simply because this computer sucks and can't run anything that requires 4 GB of RAM)

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:18 am

• Aw that sucks ):

I'm hoping it's a new animal and a new place, I'm looking forward to finding out cx
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Shiranuiii wrote:
  • Aw that sucks ):

I'm hoping it's a new animal and a new place, I'm looking forward to finding out cx
They have announced that there will be a new animal, but who knows what else will be in the update!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:31 am

SilkenGalaxy wrote:
Shiranuiii wrote:
  • Aw that sucks ):

They have announced that there will be a new animal, but who knows what else will be in the update!
Huh? The anniversary update is already out. They added a hedgehog among some other cute autumn-related stuff. Go check it out if you haven't yet, heh.