Shelter series

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: Shelter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:28 am

Kristofferson wrote:
  • I haven't really gotten into the first Shelter but I really like the second Shelter. I've heard they're making DLC for Shelter 2.
They already have - it came out a week or so ago. Its great! :)
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Shelter 2

Post by MimpiDreams » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:24 am

The beauty of nature goes hand in hand with its unforgiving rawness. That is central in Shelter 2, and one of the reasons we chose to make a game about a Lynx. They are in middle of the food chain, and there are far more vicious things out on the cold tundra...

Portrait of a Lynx

Shelter 2, the sequel to the meditative badger adventure Shelter (PC, 2013). The game follows the life of a mother lynx, starting as a pregnant animal, giving birth and continuing in to a journey of parenthood where nurturing her cubs is paramount for survival. Shelter 2 includes more elaborate gameplay features than its predecessor, such as stamina, different types of movements, jumps and a variety of prey to kill. Besides hunting there are several maternal and hunting features, such as calling the cubs closer, smell for prey, making sure they drink water from rivers and lifting and carrying your cubs from harm’s way.

A vast wilderness awaits

Environments in Shelter 2 are much bigger than its predecessor and allow a lot more freedom than ever before, allowing players to find favourite spots to return to. This time weather and seasons change, harsh winters and bloomy summers awaits you!
The music is once again presented by Retro Family, awarded for their work on the Pid Soundtrack, and the visuals have been reinvented by adding dense atmosphere and lighting to the patterned graphical art-style.

The world of Shelter 2 is growing. Mountains is an add-on package that introduces a vast new highland area and a strong new fauna that can act as both predators and prey.

The Lynx mother Inna and her cubs discovers a new area on their journey. A vast mountain landscape where dense lowland forests leads up to the vistas of the mountain tops. But they are not alone on the high peaks. The fauna here blurs the line between predators and prey, and the Lynx family must use both wits and agility to overcome the challenges of this new world.

Shelter 2 is available on Steam, GOG.com, and Humble Store!

Look this images for Shelter 2 http://www.mightanddelight.com/img/proj ... hot_10.jpg
http://www.mightanddelight.com/img/proj ... shot_9.jpg
http://www.mightanddelight.com/img/proj ... hot_12.jpg
http://www.mightanddelight.chttp://www. ... ter2Images
http://www.mightanddelight.com/img/proj ... ter2_1.jpg
http://www.mightanddelight.com/img/proj ... ter2_6.jpg
http://www.mightanddelight.com/img/proj ... ter2_7.jpg
Last edited by MimpiDreams on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
~MIMPI~
~I RUN INTO A NEW QUEST~
~I CHASE ONE DREAM~
~BUT IT SLIP AWAY AGAIN AND AGAIN~
~AND THAT QUEST IS TOO LONG~

thanks ICEWOLF636 and FuzzyDesertPaw

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Shelter

Post by paperpaws » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:30 am

It's a bit more organised to keep one thread per game series open rather than having seperate threads for individual titles within a series, so I merged the two topics (because mimpi's topic did cover a lot of information on Shelter 2).

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Re: Shelter/Shelter 2

Post by MimpiDreams » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:58 am

Anduril wrote:It's a bit more organised to keep one thread per game series open rather than having seperate threads for individual titles within a series, so I merged the two topics (because mimpi's topic did cover a lot of information on Shelter 2).
Okay no problem! :)
~MIMPI~
~I RUN INTO A NEW QUEST~
~I CHASE ONE DREAM~

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:14 pm

I decided to purchase Shelter 2 a day or so ago after reading up about it, including purchasing the DLC. I haven't played it too much but from what I have played, I have to say that I quite like the game. It's nice to be able to explore the relatively large map that they have in the game. As some others have said here, the art style does remind me of Okami and perhaps that contributes to why I have a liking for the game. I like the soundtrack for the game as well. :-)
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:15 am

Heh, I really did want to wait until there was an attractive sale for these games, but I had a long week and nothing fun to do, so picked the bundle of Shelter and Shelter 2 up and played the first one... Turns out I'm not ready to be a parent :')

It was all going fine until I lost my first cub to some unknown entity in the night... Thought I could at least try to get the other four to safety, which despite issues with feeding (they kept moving every time I turned rather than begging so I could select one) went fine. One of the badgers did, however, end up stealing a lot of food this way. Its siblings weren't very forgiving and didn't allow it on the safe rock with them in the next area, so it got taken by the flood.

The other three would have been fine if it wasn't for that eagle.. only one of them ended up surviving the journey.

But man, what a game, though! Didn't think I would enjoy it this much, but it's so well put together and the graphics and music are really nice. I'm definitely going to replay the first one sometime to see if I can be a more competent parent the second time around, and I'm excited to try out 2 as well. Please do let me know if the DLC is worth it!

iswearimgoingtopreparemyclassesnow

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:28 pm

I just played through the first one again. I forgot how great the first one was!

My first baby died from water...maybe? I'm not sure - I didn't see it happen.

My second baby died from the eagle in the fire level (the fire was spreading and I panicked!)

Third one died from the eagle during the last level....during the first long stretch where there's no cover whatsoever.

So I had 2 remaining alive by the end. I think my record is 4; and I haven't been able to beat it.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:23 pm

I wanna play at least Shelter, although Shelter 2 looks good too. It looks like an interesting game concept, and I love the style of the graphics. Btw, what's the DLC/What does DLC mean?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:26 pm

DLC stands for 'downloadable content'; see it as an expansion pack for a game. For example, Shelter 2's 'Mountains' DLC adds new areas and animals, alongside some other features that aren't included in the base game.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:02 am

Anduril wrote:DLC stands for 'downloadable content'; see it as an expansion pack for a game. For example, Shelter 2's 'Mountains' DLC adds new areas and animals, alongside some other features that aren't included in the base game.
Oh, ok, that sounds cool!

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:11 am

Many people are talking about these games. Maybe i should try them out.
·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´
Wh¥ §hðµlÐ ï åþðlðgïzê £ðr hê mðñ§êr ï'vê ßê¢ðmê
ñð ðñê êvêr åþðlðgïzêÐ £ðr måkïñg mê hï§ wå¥
`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´
:: av/sig © Lupin/Samber ::

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Post by MimpiDreams » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:03 am

CakeWolfy wrote:I wanna play at least Shelter, although Shelter 2 looks good too. It looks like an interesting game concept, and I love the style of the graphics. Btw, what's the DLC/What does DLC mean?
DLC mean Disk file.To get it install WinRAR and right click To the file.Extract the files.The only file must be extract is setup!
~MIMPI~
~I RUN INTO A NEW QUEST~
~I CHASE ONE DREAM~

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:15 am

MimpiDreams wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:I wanna play at least Shelter, although Shelter 2 looks good too. It looks like an interesting game concept, and I love the style of the graphics. Btw, what's the DLC/What does DLC mean?
DLC mean Disk file.To get it install WinRAR and right click To the file.Extract the files.The only file must be extract is setup!
DLC stands for Downloadable Content.
Anduril wrote:DLC stands for 'downloadable content'; see it as an expansion pack for a game. For example, Shelter 2's 'Mountains' DLC adds new areas and animals, alongside some other features that aren't included in the base game.
Also, assuming everyone here is downloading Shelter/Shelter 2 from Steam, there should be no need for WinRAR and extracting files.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Post by MimpiDreams » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:21 am

Quivira wrote:
MimpiDreams wrote:
DLC stands for Downloadable Content.
Also, assuming everyone here is downloading Shelter/Shelter 2 from Steam, there should be no need for WinRAR and extracting files.
Ya,but with WinRAR is easy for me but yes not need.
~MIMPI~
~I RUN INTO A NEW QUEST~
~I CHASE ONE DREAM~

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:22 am

Back on topic, please.

Also, on another note, legally acquiring the game on Steam won't require you to have WinRAR or similar programs and the installation process is extremely simple. Your installation method seems to imply your copy of the game isn't exactly legal - if that's the case, you're not allowed to share information about it on WolfQuest. (Please PM me if you have any comments on that/if I'm jumping to conclusions so we can remain on topic).