The Walking Dead ~May contain spoilers!~

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Re: The Walking Dead ~May contain spoilers!~

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:17 am

Lots of spoilers ahead (black colored text):

Played the game and DLC. I highly doubt Clem will be the new main character.
Someone from the new group will probably find her (, Omid and Christa too?) and the story might continue at that camp where the other survivors are (Vince, Russell and the others).
Season 2 is coming this fall.

Legendary-Taco
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Legendary-Taco » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 am

Noctis Lucis Caelum wrote:Played the game and DLC. I highly doubt Clem will be the new main character.
Someone from the new group will probably find her (Omid and Christa too?) and the story might continue at that camp where the other survivors are (Vince, Russell and the others).
Season 2 is coming this fall.
I'd have to agree with this. Firstly, I think the 'novelty' of Clementine would be lost if she grew older and she became the main character. In the first game, I think people (at least myself) took more care of Clementine's life and some of the other characters lives than Lee's. You can respawn if you die, but in the majority of cases, other characters do not. If Clementine became the main character I think people would be less cautious of her life and a big element of the game would be lost. But still, those are just my thoughts.

I also agree with your second statement. I believe they mentioned that the DLC events will affect the second season, so I believe the two groups will come in contact with each other.

Anyways, wonderful game. It has a great balance of emotion and action, plus, they don't hesitate when killing off characters. They don't sugarcoat anything which is a nice touch for me.
___________╔══════════╗

_________im pretty meme savvy...
______ Ask me anything chump xox
________(avatar by me boyo xox~)

___________╚══════════╝

Borne
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Borne » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:53 pm

I unfortunately have not yet purchased the game myself, but I've been eagerly following a Youtube channel, Pewdiepie's, videos.
- Borne

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it."
- Thucydides

Angelion Blackfire

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:09 am

Borne wrote:I unfortunately have not yet purchased the game myself, but I've been eagerly following a Youtube channel, Pewdiepie's, videos.
Try to watch the no commentary gameplay... It's easier to "get into" the game, without someone making silly jokes or talking all the time so you can't even hear what the characters say...

So...anyone else played S2? Thoughts?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:55 pm

I recently got this on my Xbox after watching one or two videos of Cryaotic's play-through. Tried not to watch too much so as not to spoil it, and I'm surprised to actually be enjoying it in spite of not actually seeing the TV series. Favourite characters so far are Kenny, Katjaa and Clementine. ^^

I've read up a lot of positive comments about Tell Tale Games, so I'm thinking about getting season 2 and The Wolf Among Us in the future.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Angelion Blackfire

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:20 am

S2 might be a bit disappointing for some and really rushed. The last episode was just a huge: NO, WHAT, DON'T, WHY
And then there's Luke...
It's sort of hard to say anything without spoiling a thing

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:30 am

Noctis Lucis Caelum wrote:S2 might be a bit disappointing for some and really rushed. The last episode was just a huge: NO, WHAT, DON'T, WHY
And then there's Luke...
It's sort of hard to say anything without spoiling a thing
  • Exactly my thoughts. I thought that the first three episodes were good though there was some rushing from episode 2 and onto episode 5. I hope that the next season will be a little better and less rushed.

Angelion Blackfire

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:01 pm

I hope so too, but now they got 3-5 projects going on so yea...let's hope they don't start working on the game now or it'll be rushed again.
I'm curious how the 3rd season will start since, well, ep 5 ends the way it does...

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Uzumaaki » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:38 am

This is such an old topic but
Season 3 release date is confirmed for December 20th. I don't know if I'm hyped or what. I love these games but it's kinda hard to get excited when I'm just waiting for the inevitable heartbreak all over again lol
It'll be interesting to see what direction season 3 takes clementine in, though, especially after the ambiguity in some of your choices for the end of S2. I don't remember a lot about s2 so I feel like I need to go back and replay it all before s3 comes out.
av by theinfinite

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:18 pm

hope it's okay to post in this topic, not too sure xc

But I've always loved these games and I'm hoping season 4 will be better than S3, while I liked the new characters I felt they weren't really all that interesting. Plus I really hate that they forced the love interest on you regardless of how many times you avoided it. The only good parts were with Clem, the game should have been more focused on her. I also felt that the character you could choose at the end of S2 could have had a better story.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:31 pm

I love the walking dead ^^ I’ve only gotten up to season two in the tv series and I’ve watched gameplay of S1 and S2. S3 I’m about half way through watching someone play it. It isn’t as good as the first two series and the huge twists are actually kind of predictable but I’m enjoying it ^^

Shiranuiii
Name: Shiranui

Post by Shiranuiii » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:14 pm

• Yeah I feel like Season 3 of the game was just...filler? they did that with the show quite a bit, filler and then a good season after that. I'm hoping S4 of the game will be great considering it's the final season.
𝟣𝟥/𝟣𝟢/𝟢𝟪 | 𝟣𝟧 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖶𝗈𝗅𝖿𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍
𝖣𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟩 | 𝖴𝖮𝖳𝖬
𝖠𝗏𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗋 | Lupe