Slender

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Slender

Post by major-threat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Slenderman wouldn't give you chocolate...
He wouldn't buy it because he can't eat it, and besides, he spends all his money on paper.

But, Prawn, Slendy doesn't have a mouth... xD
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .

yuli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by yuli » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:20 am

Seems scary.
So sad I get scared too easly, so I'll just watch gameplays for now. xD

Kimchiz
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kimchiz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Ahh, yes. Slender. Odd name; yet so fitting.
Before anything, I heard of Slender from a friend of mine, and so I went on youtube and watched PewDiePie's walkthroughs. Seemed scary enough, and I was watching and waiting until the horrid faceless creature popped out and made me scream. I kept going through Pewdie's videos until one day my friends wanted to play. I couldn't pass up an opportunity so I went.
At first, Slender caught us with 0 notes ;-;
But we kept playing, and the furthest we got was about 3 notes. Yeah. We aren't that good.
But all in all, I would so play Slenderman again. Maybe even try one of the newer maps.
It looks like Slender Mansion is fun :'D
Not as active anymore.
Av // SoranofAvalor
Sig // Me

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Myself and about 8 other folks jammed into a dorm room and played Slender together a few hours ago. It was hilarious, because we were all screaming our heads off playing it. It's so much more fun to play with friends.

When I played, I got up to four notes without seeing him once, and then all of a sudden I turn automatically and he gets me. I jumped and curled up in a chair in the corner of the room afterwards. xD

I actually started to enjoy my walk while collecting notes because I realized every so often there would be a Barred Owl call in the game~

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:23 pm

I actually think that the Slender games are getting better each time. A few of my friends have told me that the game has been killed and every time a new map is released, they prod the dead game with a stick. But I don't think that is the case, because while each map has a different objective, the behavioural pattern of Slenderman is improved.

I was playing Hospice, just earlier, I turned into a room and Slenderman was stood in the doorway opposite, so I thought the little trick of moving behind the wall for a second, then reappearing would act as an evade and he'd go away. But he actually came closer, which (if Slenderman was real) would be more likely to happen that the original evade tactic. Plus, despite that they are all very similar, I like all the maps and I like that they each have specific objectives.

I'd really like a long version of a Slenderman game to come out, I feel that it might even do as well as Amnesia if it was well made and long enough. But I don't think that'll happen. I'll just have to keep waiting for the next maps and hope the guys get enough funds for the secret project. I'm really looking forward for that. Actually, talking about the maps, I'm really intrigued about the 7th Street one that should be coming out soon - does anyone have any ideas what that's going to be like?

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 am

Playing Slender for a month now is really amusing, especially with friends^-^ I agree with you Kivia x)
Finding that my friends heard of Slender and find every little detail about him scary I pretty much forced them to play and they liked it until they got the third note and took a while reading what the notes were and found themselves in front of slender. xD

Every time I played the first night of the game I always got the second note and Slender Man got me. Though I back track and I seem to get fairly farther from there. Just last month I beat the night time mode and other modes, then got to the $20 dollars mode and was thinking what it was about. I find that part hilarious, because you hear the DA sound when you turn facing him and I literally laugh hard when my friends play it.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Kimchiz
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kimchiz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 pm

$20 mode for the win.

Well I was at my friends house yesterday and there were the three of us. We had a goal of doing Slender Mansion but gave up within taking at least 10 steps, and we exited cause we were chicken. So, I suggested to play the regular forest one. And well even playing that we all abandoned the game and we had skype on with a friend. So we all left the room and played monopoly leaving the game on. Yeah, Slender got us a while later and I shouted the most weirdest thing ever.

In the end, Slender scares us ;-;
Not as active anymore.
Av // SoranofAvalor
Sig // Me

DefyingGravity
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DefyingGravity » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Although essentially simplistic, I do believe that 'Slender' does its job right. It scares people. It makes the player's blood rush and it keeps him on the edge of his chair all the time through the gameplay. It's rare that indie games manage to do as much, but 'Slender' really knows how to turn its players into peons of fear.
I've tried it once or twice and then resigned to the idea that I will never ever be able to collect all the pages. And it's not as much the fear, but the morbid curiosity with Slenderman that makes me fail every single time. I should probably stick to the running rather than the staring in half-fascination at the fatal antagonist.

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:59 am

While what DefyingGravity says is right, I disagree with the point on indie games. Not all indie games are supposed to make you feel fear, or sit on the edge of your seat. Their job is to differ from mainstream games. But that being said, there's not many indie games that do their job as accurately and effectively as Slender does, but I can think of a few.

But, back to Slender. I believe now, that 7th Street is out. I've downloaded it, and played it and I honestly feel it's the greatest map yet. It reminds me of Claustrophobia, but without that element of fantasy. When I played Claustrophobia, I knew throughout the entire game that I was playing Slenderman's Shadow in a strange maze, but with 7th Street the feeling is different for me.

I'm pretty sure it was styled in a Vanishing on 7th Street kind of way, I can't think of anything else the map has been made after. And, when playing, I really get that feeling of anxiety that I felt when watching the movie. I really suggest that you all download and play it.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Amazing how scary a non-animated model that has preset teleport spots (I read he cannot teleport onto the path? Is this true?) and emits a static effect when viewed, created in Unity 3D can be... but he's a little too quick and turning to see where he is can be a daunting task to avoid. Four note record for the win -- though I only downloaded it days ago and continue to quit the game as soon as I see him - a tad annoying that pressing escape only to pause means you have to restart.

The only flaw I see with this would be the fact its registry values are easily editable; I've not finished it, but checked up on its registry keys to find things such as "day mode" which can easily be tweaked from 0 to 1 and hey presto- instant daylight. ^^
Even so, it's still kinda scary in broad daylight...

Any tips? I found a map already. :mrgreen:
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Drizzle_55
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Drizzle_55 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:28 pm

I have indeed played. I made it to 4 pages.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06 pm

• I. Love. This. Game! Kivia, you copycat!! We did literally the exact same thing!

I was introduced to it a couple of days ago. I love the thrill of it, and its sheer simplicity. I have only gotten three notes though so far, but then again I have only played it once. I don't use the flashlight :P. I can't wait till the weekend when I can download it for my computer.

I read up on the meta of the game. Apparently he will first begin to spawn within your radius after you grab the first note OR after four minutes of gameplay have passed. So it is possible to see him before grabbing your first note.

Anyone looking forward to Slender: The Arrival?

Cama
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Cama » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm sorry, but most of the people above this post are weak-hearted.
I LOVE Slender! What am I saying? I love all things Slenderman! I'm wanting to be Slenderman, this Halloween, I'm wanting to watch the movie... but, then, I'd be getting off-topic... Unless we can talk about Slenderman in general, here? :mrgreen: ?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Weird thing is, I love all things horror and scary... yet Slenderman scares me simply because of his unpredictable movements. Needless to say, I'm determined to finish it and unlock twenty dollar mode. ^-^
Cama wrote:Unless we can talk about Slenderman in general, here? ?

As the game focuses primarily on gathering eight pages and doesn't really go into detail about Slender aside from the methos option on the main menu... the game really only focuses on gathering eight pages and surviving. There is a dedicated topic for Creepypasta stories, which I think would be more suitable for discussing Slendy in general, since he did originate from a creepypasta tale. :)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Cama
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Cama » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:28 pm

OH WHY THANKIES
One day, I'm going to do Parsec Productions a favor and make a Slender level for them for free.