Animal Jam!

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Kristofferson
Pup
Pup

Re: Animal Jam!

Post by Kristofferson » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:25 am

I've never played it. I've heard a lot about it from the younger members on Wolf-Home but thats about it.

¤

"МλЛУ ŁЄλVЄς, ΘЛЄ ŤЯЄЄ
WЄЯЄ λŁŁ ΐЛĐΐVΐĐϋλŁς, βϋŤ WЄЯЄ ςŤΐŁŁ CΘЛЛЄCŤЄĐ."

¤
{ Signature by Emberflare } ~ { Icon by myself }

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Serperior_123 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:06 pm

I stopped playing this game because it became really laggy. And also, the 'member only' stuff gets annoying.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Got bored of Animal Jam a while ago. I doesn't really have much to offer if you don't have friends or a membership.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:18 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:Got bored of Animal Jam a while ago. I doesn't really have much to offer if you don't have friends or a membership.
I agree. To add onto that, my mind expanded into more complicated games. Aside from that, Animal Jam didn't have very much information on animals to offer anymore. It was all about the fight to the top--getting the most rare items and membership.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Tsuri wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:Got bored of Animal Jam a while ago. I doesn't really have much to offer if you don't have friends or a membership.
I agree. To add onto that, my mind expanded into more complicated games. Aside from that, Animal Jam didn't have very much information on animals to offer anymore. It was all about the fight to the top--getting the most rare items and membership.
Yeah, Animal Jam focused on three things: rares, memberships, and diamonds....most of the items qualifying under these three things requiring that you pay real money.

llsaturnskiesll
Pup
Pup
Name: Amy

Post by llsaturnskiesll » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:42 am

I do still play Animal Jam from 2012 or so. I'm slowly losing interest in the membership I have for it.
°‘¨¨‘°ºO
It's a ⇏ new ⇍ dawn
It's a ✶new✶ day
It's a new « life »
For → me
And i'm
ғειנη' gσσ∂
°‘¨¨‘°ºO
:: Signature © Samber ::

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:31 am

I first heard of Animal Jam a while ago and it seemed really interesting, but then I learned that it was just another Club Penguin what with all the "members only" stuff and that was a big nope for me.

Seriously, when are these types of games going to realize that pay to play mechanics are a huge turn off to many people? Especially in kids games, where kids can't pay themselves, and their parents probably aren't going to pay for every little thing their kid does in a game on the internet. It's just wrong, and it's going to make people leave your game. I'm glad Flight Rising hasn't gone that route, and I hope it never does, because it's about the only internet game site I've found that isn't pay to play.

okay rant over you kids enjoy your animal jam

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:03 am

RabidLynx wrote:I first heard of Animal Jam a while ago and it seemed really interesting, but then I learned that it was just another Club Penguin what with all the "members only" stuff and that was a big nope for me.

Seriously, when are these types of games going to realize that pay to play mechanics are a huge turn off to many people? Especially in kids games, where kids can't pay themselves, and their parents probably aren't going to pay for every little thing their kid does in a game on the internet. It's just wrong, and it's going to make people leave your game. I'm glad Flight Rising hasn't gone that route, and I hope it never does, because it's about the only internet game site I've found that isn't pay to play.

okay rant over you kids enjoy your animal jam
Yeah, they don't seem to realize that, which is not wise. I was kinda wary of Animal Jam when I saw "Free to Play" and then started seeing Membership gift cards in WalMart, I began to realize the "Free to Play" actually is secret game language for "Oh, it's free to sign up all right, but you won't be able to do much unless you pay us your life savings".

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:06 am

I agree with what CakeWolfie said, it's irritating paying a membership to play a game, which in my opinion is not that great. WQ is far better and much more realistic, but I guess Animal Jam is referring to a younger audience.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:09 am

Kamaal wrote:I agree with what CakeWolfie said, it's irritating paying a membership to play a game, which in my opinion is not that great. WQ is far better and much more realistic, but I guess Animal Jam is referring to a younger audience.
Absolutely agreed. WQ is far more realistic, and doesn't cost you your life savings to play for years on end.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:47 pm

I remember getting membership for one month one time... My siblings and I were so excited because membership felt like it was only for the rich people... looking back at it, the cost and the time spent was a good ripoff. Animaljam is like it's own form of social media now with its own trends and expectations of what is cool and uncool, based off the last time I logged on.
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

SilkenGalaxy

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Tsuri wrote:I remember getting membership for one month one time... My siblings and I were so excited because membership felt like it was only for the rich people... looking back at it, the cost and the time spent was a good ripoff. Animaljam is like it's own form of social media now with its own trends and expectations of what is cool and uncool, based off the last time I logged on.
I totally agree, buying a membership is totally a rip off, I know regret buying a 3 month membership, but it ran out, so I don't have to worry about it anymore...

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:40 pm

They need to make more animals nonmember in my opinion, but it really is a fun game to me. I'm a member as of now, haven't checked on it for a bit so ya I'll be thinking about that. It's not excactly CP since you can still get stuff, over a hundred items are still nonmember if you have checked. Though they are saying it's for fundings why they have memberships. In my opinion they need to make half of the stuff nonmember and the other half members.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

american hunter1
Pup
Pup
Location: Howling for my mate to come help me put the tree out.

Post by american hunter1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:56 pm

I don't play that much. I'm more interested in roblox and stuff like that. BTW my AJ name is prettyb2180 if you wanna friend me. :D
Dance like no one is looking.
[/Sing like no one cares.i]
[/beacause how will you have fun?i]

Swans Feathger
Pup
Pup

Post by Swans Feathger » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:59 pm

I play Animal Jam. What does CP mean
my favourite games on the computer are: WolfQuest, AnimalJam, Star Stable, howrse and all the dreamzer games.

My favourite books are: Warriors, The Wolf Chronicles, survivers and Spirit Animals.

I will be getting a horse in about 3 years and a half years. So excited!