Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Post by Neamara » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:25 pm

** There was previously a thread for Assassin's Creed, before Brotherhood was released. However, it appears to have disappeared from the forums and I assume that it has been purged, or else the topic has since died. **
--

Assassin's Creed is a series of various games developed by Ubisoft. Here is a complete list of each console title, complete with some information about each title. If there's something you'd like me to add to the list, feel free to point it out on this thread and I'll see about adding it- as of now, I have to add the handheld games but hope to do so at a later date. Apologies for the inconveniences this may cause, fellow Assassins! ^^;

• Assassin's Creed
    • Release: 2007
      • Availability: PC, Xbox 360, PS3
    • Assassin's Creed is a sandbox style action-adventure-stealth video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. The game was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in November 2007 and for PC in April 2008.
      The game centers around the use of a machine dubbed "The Animus", which allows its user to view the genetic memories of his or her ancestors, specifically a bartender named Desmond Miles. As Desmond relives the memories of one of his ancestors, the Assassin Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad who lived in the Holy Land during the Third Crusade, details of a battle between two ancient sects, the Knights Templar and the Assassins, emerge as both scour for an artifact known only as a "Piece of Eden".

Assassin's Creed is a non-linear action-adventure video game during which the player controls a 12th Century Syrian Assassin named Altaïr during the 3rd Crusade, whose life is experienced through the Animus by Desmond Miles. The overall goal of the game is to rise through the ranks of the Assassins Brotherhood by carrying out a series of assassination missions ordered by the leader of the Order, Al Mualim. In doing so, Altaïr travels from Masyaf to cities in the Holy Land, specifically, Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus, and a sparsely populated rural land dubbed "The Kingdom".
      Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed
  • Assassin's Creed 2
    • Release: 2009
    • A direct sequel to Assassin's Creed, the game focuses again on Desmond Miles after he escapes Abstergo Industries with employee Lucy Stillman. In an attempt to thwart Abstergo and the modern-day Templars, Desmond uses a new Animus to relive the genetic memories of his ancestor, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, who lived in Italy during the late fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries. The player controls Desmond, to a degree, but primarily Ezio, who becomes an Assassin after his family is betrayed. While controlling Ezio, the player can explore renditions of major Italian regions and cities through a mixture of action, stealth, and economic gameplay.
      Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/As ... s_Creed_II
      • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
        • Release: 2010
        • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the direct sequel of 2009's Assassin's Creed II, picking up right after the conclusion of the previous game.
          The story once again features Ezio Auditore da Firenze, now a legendary Master Assassin, as he strives to rebuild the Assassin Brotherhood in Rome, by bringing down the tyrannical Templar family, the Borgia, and bringing the city into the true wealth and wonder of the Renaissance.

Using the Animus 2.0, Desmond Miles attempted to relive one of the late memories of his ancestor, Ezio Auditore, hoping that it would reveal the location of his Apple of Eden, which could allow them to prevent the foretold disaster. However, instead of entering the memory set in 1506, he was forced into a different one, occurring during a battle in Viana. From there, as Ezio looked upon the besieged Viana Castle, he recalled the similar events of the siege of Monteriggioni, subsequently forcing Desmond back further, into a memory from 1499.
          Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/As ... rotherhood
      • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
        • Release: 2011
        • Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a game published by Ubisoft and was developed by its subsidiary, Ubisoft Montreal. A direct sequel and follow-up to 2010's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Revelations is the fourth main installment of the series.

The gameplay system from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was the basis for Revelations, though Ezio's free-running and combat skills had been upgraded with new features. Recruits and Desmond gameplay had been further expanded, though not all desired features were implemented, as the developer interviews indicated. This will be the final installment following Ezio; ACIII will feature a new protagonist.
          Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/As ... evelations
    • Assassin's Creed III
      • Release: Oct. 2012
      • Assassin's Creed III is a 2012 sandbox style action-adventure video game that is developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It is the fifth main title in the Assassin's Creed series, and is a direct sequel to Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The game tells the stories of Haytham Kenway and Ratonhnhaké:ton, ranging from the years 1753 to 1783, and concludes the story of their descendant Desmond Miles.
        Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/As ... _Creed_III
    • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
      • Release: Oct. 2013
      • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is an upcoming action-adventure game, and the sixth main instalment in the Assassin's Creed series. A sequel to 2012's Assassin's Creed III due to the progression of the modern day storyline, the game will tell the story of Edward Kenway - father to Haytham Kenway, grandfather to Ratonhnhaké:ton and an ancestor of Desmond Miles. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will be set primarily on and around the islands in the Caribbean Sea during the Golden Age of Piracy in the early 18th century, with three major cities consisting of Havana, Nassau and Kingston.
        Source: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/As ... s_Creed_IV
--
You can learn more about the Assassin's Creed series at its dedicated Wiki- http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: .
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Assassin's Creed series

Post by Koa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:10 pm

I've finished all the current AC games for main consoles. Just got my platinum trophy for AC2 the other day - and it's my first! Pretty happy, haha.

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:37 pm

when i first saw the game i didnt even know he turn into a eagle and also turn into kind of people. Anyone please tell me if am not mistaking
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:when i first saw the game i didnt even know he turn into a eagle and also turn into kind of people. Anyone please tell me if am not mistaking
None of the main character turns into an animal...or any other person...but you can ride a horse... :D
The game is quite...realistic...no magic involved...besides the Apple Of Eden, ofc...

Honestly, this is really one of my fav games...probably because you play as an assassin...as long as Ubisoft continues making the AC games for PC, I'm happy...and yes...I'm quite a fangirl... >_>

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Noctis Lucis Caelum wrote: Honestly, this is really one of my fav games...probably because you play as an assassin...as long as Ubisoft continues making the AC games for PC, I'm happy...and yes...I'm quite a fangirl... >_>
I didn't enjoy Uncharted 3 as much as I did the second one, (which I played a year before UC3 came out) so when the holidays came around and I got hold of the Assassin's Creed series, I was starting to enjoy them more than the Uncharted series, which is quite a compliment. There's something about it. There's a lot of freedom (in my humble opinion) moreso than "linear" games like Uncharted (defined path, though yes you can climb things, but you definitely follow where you need to go next) and I think that's why I have enjoyed this series so much. I can do things on my own time and get achievements whenever.

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:32 pm

No im think am right cause i saw scene of this and he trun into a eagle

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm

The main character doesn't turn into an eagle at any point, I'm afraid. Perhaps you are referring to the trailer for Assassin's Creed 3, where we see the eagle flying through the trees then suddenly be replaced by AC3's new assassin, or maybe a transition from a cut-scene?

7Tesla

Post by 7Tesla » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:03 am

I started AC1 awhile ago, and I must say, I can't let it down.
I love everything that is related to this game.
Noctis Lucis Caelum wrote: Honestly, this is really one of my fav games...probably because you play as an assassin...as long as Ubisoft continues making the AC games for PC, I'm happy...and yes...I'm quite a fangirl... >_>[/i]
Hahaha that's why I play this game too, because of being an assassin.
| | The Timeless One | |

| |ɥǝ ıɯǝlǝss Ouǝ | |

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:20 am

nightangelwolf wrote:The main character doesn't turn into an eagle at any point, I'm afraid. Perhaps you are referring to the trailer for Assassin's Creed 3, where we see the eagle flying through the trees then suddenly be replaced by AC3's new assassin, or maybe a transition from a cut-scene?
Yes. Thank you night, i didnt mean game i mean trailer

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Eep, I play this series. <3
Ezio has to be my favorite character, just cause.
I pre-ordered the new game, and I'm excited to play it. Though, I will miss Ezio. ;-;

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Me and my dad both enjoy the series. Sure, it gets really strange following the end of second installment, but it's fun, and we eagerly await the next installment.
Hue hue... the poison dance. Hope they keep that. ;3

Gotta love those ragdolls' (corpses') funky moves...

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:39 am

Just started playing Revelations...the mouse sensitivity is just...horrible... x.x Hope the update will fix it... :/

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:34 pm

I love this series. I have all of them on my xbox and completed them all. Me and my cousin always have a competition to see who can complete it first when they are released. I am eagerly awaiting the release of Assassin's Creed 3 - the trailers just look AMAZING!! :D
Wolf567 / Blaze

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Agreed, Blaze, the trailer for 3 looks amazing :) Really looking forward to the release of that despite not even having finished with 2. I adore the series but I've only finished 1 so far and though I have seen my bro play I can't really play myself when he's at home, so I rarely take or have the time to continue.

I dunno, I'm actually looking forward to playing Revelations when I'm done with the other games. That one looks so interesting.

major-threat
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by major-threat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:32 pm

The AC series is definitely in my list of favourites. But, as with every game, there are elements which I don't like.

The first would be; Ezio. He's unrealistic. Extremely so.
I liked him in AC2. I really did, but then they went and released another two games focussing on his story and my heart dropped. It took Ezio, months, maybe a year or so to learn the abilities Altair had taken twenty-four years to perfect.
Somehow, the deaths of his father and brother seemed to make him one of the best Assassins the world had ever seen. Ubisoft tried to make him into this immortal superhero character; they made him evade death endlessly. If he was real; he wouldn't have survived past AC2, and I doubt that he would have even made it through that.

Lucy.
She was a good character. Until you realised how much of a traitor she actually was.
After everything that she put Clay through and she was still a Templar after that?! Crazy.

But for some reason, I grew attached to Rebecca and Shaun. Not that I want them to get together, I just think that they are awesome characters. Shaun's so sarcastic and they are so funny when put together.
. . . . . . . . . .. Adults deceive us with their senseless arguments:
. . . . . . .. The lecturers that appear in news programs -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Criticise us with self-important attitudes.
https://bitly.com/SfvXE7 ~ ONE OK ROCK . . . .