Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Assassin's Creed series *spoilers!*

Post by valkea » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Koa wrote:In regards to the no female lead, I don't think it'd be historically accurate to have one when females in 18th century France were barely considered citizens. I'd love to see one sometime, but I can also understand the desicion to not include one this time around.
can i just
quickly point out that women were involved in the French Revolution, including assassination acts,
Their participation took various forms: some demonstrated or even rioted over the price of food; some joined clubs organized by women; others took part in movements against the Revolution, ranging from individual acts of assassination to joining in the massive rebellion in the west of France against the revolutionary government. The most dramatic individual act of resistance to the Revolution was the assassination of the deputy Jean-Paul Marat by Charlotte Corday on 13 July 1793.
https://chnm.gmu.edu/revolution/chap5b.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_ ... assination
I don't really know much about Unity, other than all this regarding their plans to have a female lead being scrapped, but yeah assassinations committed by women were definitely a thing at the time.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:41 am

Sooner or later we'll get one, sure, but the excuses they made are a bit lame. It's not like they're an indie game studio, they do have the money...

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 am

No you're right. :p I don't know why I said it wasn't accurate for women in Unity (because there was the March on Versailles & "the fishladies" as they were called because they were strong and worked in the fisheriesi think i was thinking of the issue of a minority lead... there was a lot of discussion about that (flooding the "will there be pvp mp in ac" thread) and I kind absorbed it. I was TRYING to find some info on adverserial modes in Unity for multiplayer...and I found out last night that they are SCRAPPING PvP for Unity and we won't likely see it until the next AC game. So, no Artifact Assault in France. Nothing. Beyond mad. I think the whole community is at this point. :-/ Not everyone knows yet though, but they will soon. Wow.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:50 am

Noctis Lucis Caelum wrote:Sooner or later we'll get one, sure, but the excuses they made are a bit lame. It's not like they're an indie game studio, they do have the money...
Liberation had a female lead, but, originally being on the Vita, no one has any idea that it even exists :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's ... Liberation
And yeah their excuse was.. wow. I think it's kind of ridiculous that they scrapped the idea because they'd have to re-do things. I mean, they basically put out the same game every year, with the exception of some major changes like the ships in 3 and Black Flag, I don't think it'd kill them to have a main character that's different from the rest x.x I mean, if they already had everything set up and with a male lead and then suddenly thought "what if female?" and decided against it because they were so far in development, I can understand that, but from what I've gathered they were considering this from the beginning, weren't they? Or at least early on in development?
Koa wrote:and I found out last night that they are SCRAPPING PvP for Unity and we won't likely see it until the next AC game. So, no Artifact Assault in France. Nothing. Beyond mad. I think the whole community is at this point. :-/ Not everyone knows yet though, but they will soon. Wow.
what this doesn't make any sense are they trying to make people angry?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:34 am

yes :<

i cry
I think they're trying to make the MP better but like... idk. If you're going to take it out like that just go ahead and tell us exactly what you are doing so we all don't freak out?

Yeah granted some people are fine with it because they think it takes away from singleplayer or they think the mp is bad/etc. But AC has a really unique multiplayer and there are people who play AC JUST for the multiplayer. Sure, it isn't COD and doesn't get those kinds of numbers when it comes to mp, but really...

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:49 am

Wow, Ubisoft is.. on a roll this year x.x
And yeah if they're going to leave multiplayer out for Unity they really should say why they're doing it. Even if it's like, a secret thing, just say so? I've never played AC multiplayer (only played the first two games, and I still only have 4 hours on AC2 because I always had some bad performance issues with it on my old PC... and having to use Uplay for it even though I have it on Steam is irritating) but really, what are they even doing o.o

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Whatever they might be doing they should pull themselves together. It isn't easy to come up with a new game every year, they seem to be messing up a bit...

-VicesAndVirtues-
Pup
Pup

Post by -VicesAndVirtues- » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 pm

I'm soooo happy about AC Unity!!!! The new parkour, the NPC's who actually REACT to things, and the co-op!! Can't wait to play with my friends! The only thing that isn't cool is it's for the new gen. consoles. (Xbox One and PS4). I heard they are planning to make one for the last generation consoles.. (Xbox 360 and PS3) I think it's called Comet..?
~ The shadows you are in are not always filled with darkness ~
~ Some infinities are bigger than other infinities ~
~ I want to live life from a new perspective ~
~ Everything I do is bittersweet ~

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Frostfurr wrote:I'm soooo happy about AC Unity!!!! The new parkour, the NPC's who actually REACT to things, and the co-op!! Can't wait to play with my friends! The only thing that isn't cool is it's for the new gen. consoles. (Xbox One and PS4). I heard they are planning to make one for the last generation consoles.. (Xbox 360 and PS3) I think it's called Comet..?

I am happy for Unity but I'm a bit sad about the lack of PvP.
Yeah, it's only for next-gen. I haven't heard anything about "Comet" yet, although I expect it will likely have PvP but I won't get it.

-VicesAndVirtues-
Pup
Pup

Post by -VicesAndVirtues- » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Yeah. I didn't do PvP at all, so I'm not sad about the loss of it.
~ The shadows you are in are not always filled with darkness ~
~ Some infinities are bigger than other infinities ~
~ I want to live life from a new perspective ~
~ Everything I do is bittersweet ~

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 am

Assassin's Creed: Unity has been delayed to November 11th.

7Tesla

Post by 7Tesla » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:37 am

Wow really? And I was so excited... </3
| | The Timeless One | |

| |ɥǝ ıɯǝlǝss Ouǝ | |

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:32 am

Loomer's video of the voice acting cast of the Assassin's Creed series at SacAnime in panel formation. It is pretty cool to hear them all talk!

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:12 pm

So my dad accidentally bought the Xbox one with Unity and Black Flag in the bundle. He won't let my brother or I download it, mostly because of the name and the rating. I've been really wanting to play it so I need to convince him that (at least at my age-15) I'm old enough and mature enough to do so. He's not backing down and its really annoying and kind of insulting me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:07 pm

My parents (mostly my mom) felt similar when I first asked for all four Assassin's Creeds at the time my freshmen year for the holidays. I ended up getting them, and I can easily say that those four certainly are more Teen than anything. Assassin's Creed III wasn't bad at all, but was a little more rough in the violence category at certain parts in the game.

Black Flag is probably more "mature" than Unity in terms of suggestive themes and other elements and probably is the most "mature" out of all the Creeds. Unity barely has enough story for you to notice anything. I can't speak for all of the Murder Mysteries or Paris Stories in Unity because I haven't done all of them, but Unity is definitely cleaner than Black Flag in language and suggestive elements. But Unity definitely has more gore. It's really only in the cutscenes though and one of the cutscenes in Co-op, all of which you can skip. The only other gore present is sometimes there are people's heads on pikes in various mons throughout the environment, but it isn't too detailed and you'll be too busy running everywhere to notice.

As far as the violence goes, you can turn off the blood in the options menu. Compared to GTA V, both games are Teen at best, in my opinion.

For example, Okami is rated T for Teen here but has little to no blood and is extremely stylistic, and probably has more suggestiveness than Black Flag or Unity combined.

If you were allowed to only play one, Black Flag is definitely the better game. While the physical assassin element arrived late in the game, you witness the developement of one of the greatest casts in the history of the Assassin's Creed series, assassins or not. The ending is one of the best. The gameplay certainly favors the pirate element, but the story, both in the present-day storyline and assassin storyline, is one of the best and most well-balanced. While it isn't as rich in history compared to Assassin's Creed III and the preceding Creeds, trust me when I say that the story makes it worth it and I guarantee that you will even learn a few lessons from it.

Unity has a lot of history to offer, but sadly a lot of the main mission/main storyline elements didn't center around many historical events during the French Revolution as it could have. A lot of these historical elements were instead divided between singleplayer and Co-op, which I felt that the singleplayer storyline ultimately suffered because of it. It'll keep you busy, but it is far from the best game in the series.

Lastly, read the reviews for both games on commonsensemedia.org . If that isn't the right address, just google it. I used to do that when my parents acted the same way when I was younger. They should all be very positive and for the most part supportive of teen (and even younger) play. Hope that helps.