The Elder Scrolls

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

The Elder Scrolls

Post by Riceboy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Went a few pages back didn't find a general Elder Scrolls topic. Thought it would be cool to make one.

I've played a little bit of Oblivion, but honestly got fully started with Skyrim. (A little shameful to say...) But the little but of Oblivion I played actually is what made me go out and buy Skyrim in the first place. Honestly the whole Elder Scrolls stories and such have fascinated me such as the Daedric Princes. (Love those guys.)

Argonian rogueconjurerenchanterthief all the way.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

Northern
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by Northern » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 am

I have a friend who is downright obsessed with Skyrim, and I have to admit that her constantly talking about it has piqued my interest. Though, being me, I've put off going onto Youtube and watching a playthrough of the game, or simply just going to Google and reading more about it. From what I hear about the game, however, it seems really amazing!

I'll have to go check out the other games in the series, too.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah all the constant blab about it at first got me a little annoyed but I didn't want that fact from stopping me from getting I game I might truly enjoy. I honestly Livestream the game sometimes if you're interested in seeing, and I watched a lot of gameplay before I bought it too. (I can't go out and buy a game without researching it first...)

Oblivion was interesting from what little I've played and I, too, am looking into their older games.
i am ossan

Northern
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Northern » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh, I would be interested!

Yeah, I'm like that too. I have to watch a walkthrough of a game before I play it (unless it's a game I've already hear of). Otherwise I'm afraid of wasting my money on a game I might not even like.

I actually settled down on the couch this afternoon and started watching a walkthrough of the game. So far its looking really good!

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm free to livestream now if you want. I can spawn dragons and such show you a little bit of fighting.

I have to say the thing I like most about the game is you don't have to just be one thing. I'm like a... Lizard assassinroguethiefconjurermage thing.
i am ossan

Northern
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Northern » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:47 pm

That would be great! Thank you!

Hrm.. that sounds interesting. What sort of other things can you be? I have to admit, I haven't gotten too far with watching the walkthrough :P I watch it for a minute, get distracted and pause it, and then toddle off to do other things. It'll probably take me a while to finish the entire thing.

I have to say, though, the graphics looks amazing!

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:57 pm

http://www.livestream.com/twinjackal

I'm currently an anthropic, lizard-man. You can be an elf, human (nord), or an anthropic feline kind of thing. They're called Khajiits and they look like furry humans with cat heads/faces. They're pretty cool too but I couldn't pass up the Argonians.

Yes, when I livestream I run on the lowest graphics and they're still extremely stunning!
i am ossan

Northern
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Northern » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 pm

It just got to the part in the walkthrough where he was choosing his character... good gosh, the dark elf looks scary O_O I think the Khajiits look amazing! If I got the game I'd probably choose that race, just because I'm a huge animal fan and always choose those sort of races when I play games.

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Skyrim is just amazing. I have not gone a single day at school without talking to someone about it. I'm a Khajiit. ='D

I played Oblivion before on the Xbox, but it's been years. I no longer have an Xbox anyways, so... oh well. I liked what little I played of it though.

Northern
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Northern » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:06 pm

I've officially decided that I want this game =D

Seeing the livestream you did, Randoven, and from what my friend has told me, has officially made me want the game. Knowing me, I'll probably end up being a Khajiit.

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Riceboy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:12 am

Haha Khajiits are awesome. I love the way they roll their R's in the game and their accents. Besides that what's better than a humanoid feline going around picking pockets?

Aside from a glowy-eyed battle horse taking on an Ancient Dragon for his scaly, lizardman master... xD;

Anyway I'm glad you found this game interesting. <3 Can't wait to hear how it goes when you get it and I admit I tend to babble about it myself.
When my friends choose to listen, that is.
i am ossan

Kyrarah

Post by Kyrarah » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 am

Skyrim is amazing! One of my friends play it and he doesn't stop a single second talking on it, I wish I had. :3 I lvoe dragons <3 Moo, I'll try to but it as soon as possible. :D

Ffeion
Name: Ffeion, Red

Post by Ffeion » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 am

I haven't played Skyrim, I hope to play today on my uncles PS3, if he lets me (:

I played a bit of Morrowwind, honestly had no idea what I was doing, I also borrowed that off my Uncle, so I don't want to ask him to borrow it again xD

I would probably play as a Khajiit in Skyrim, I want to be more of an archer at the same time a theif, well, I dunno, I am looking forward to playing a bit of it to see if I enjoy it or not. :D

Mwhahahadragonborn~ I love the dragons in the game as well xD
When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
Icon (C) Riceboy

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:08 am

My original game magically got deleted when I tried to make a separate file, so I had to start over in Skyrim. I'm not really upset though because I can plan ahead more easily and actually know what I should do. I'm a wood elf now. ='D

I'm going straight to the Thieves Guild and joining them, because those quests are always the most fun for me.

Archery for the win~

Ffeion
Name: Ffeion, Red

Post by Ffeion » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:12 am

I'd hate it if that happened to me. :U

I am still kind of iffy on what guilt to join, I might want to be a werewolf or a vampire, but who knows, I will have to wait till I actually play the game to know (:
When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
Icon (C) Riceboy