The Elder Scrolls

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by Koa » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Skyrim is the only game I've played out of the TES series, so no, I cannot attest to doing that. :)

Anyway, I did manage to get Skyrim on my laptop. It runs extremely well, and I was even able to get a few graphics-enchancing mods for it. I got the Legendary Edition, too; I had the regular copy on my PS3 and I always wanted to try the DLC. Now I have! I finished Dawnguard recently, and I just started the Dragonborn questline.

I did end up transferring my save file from my PS3. I like sticking to one character.

Uzumaaki
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Uzumaaki » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:08 pm

@RabidLynx
i've done that tons! i usually revise their histories a little bit (since i probably get way too in depth when it comes to the whole roleplaying aspect), but i think its super fun to throw my characters into totally different settings n see how it affects my gameplay.
av by theinfinite

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Redguard and Battlespire are now available on GOG.com! This is the first time a digital edition of the games have been available.

https://www.gog.com/news/bethesda_softw ... _to_gogcom
██████████████

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:43 pm

I started my Elder Scrolls experience with Oblivion, which I thought was a great game (as well as the only game I really played at the time). I never beat it, but closed plnety of Gates of Oblivion and completed several guild questlines before Skyrim came out. When I tried to get back into Oblivion after my years of being a Skyrim fan, I just couldn't do it. The menus drove me mad, I likely spent about fifteen minutes trying to figure out which menu was which. The old-parchment style wasn't of much help either, although it really added to the older-era feel as opposed to Skyrim's more modern interface.
Last edited by Noctis_ on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:09 pm

Finished Dragonborn the other day. I was disappointed.
I did manage to craft some Stalhrim armor last night! Looks pretty sweet. I was able to get the armor rating higher than my old set of Dragonscale armor.

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:59 am

As much as I did love revisiting Solstheim, the side quests, and new aspects the Dragonborn DLC brought it, I did think the main quest was a bit rushed and quick. The characters made it up though, for me, but I do wish there was more. Dawnguard on the other hand, LOVED IT. Have you played Dawnguard yet Koa? If not, GET IT.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Yes get Dawnguard I haven't finished it but it's great so far

Also for some reason, in real life people associate me with the phrase "Morrowind is better than Skyrim."
I found this out through a "What would that person most likely say" game, and when it got to my turn, apparently my friends know me as that... I feel honored, I guess.

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Koa wrote:Finished Dragonborn the other day. I was disappointed.
Let me guess, you were as irked as I was about not being able to steer on dragons?
I know I should upgrade my armor, but I just can't part with the Nightingale set.
Last edited by Noctis_ on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:54 pm

I liked dragonborn, but it was too short. And I hated not being able to steer dragons.
Elder scrolls VI could be coming out either next year or 2017
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

av/sig: alethe

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Since Fallout 4 is coming out this year, it'd most likely be a 2017 or 2018 release, perhaps even later, assuming the several-year-until-next-TES/Fallout pattern continues. The wait is worth it though, BUT THEN AGAIN, I CAN'T WAIT.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 am

I just really hope they don't turn it into an mmo.
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

Element02
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Element02 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 am

My first game in the Elder Scrolls series was Oblivion, but that was back when I was in Middle School, and I couldn't level up. I made a really bad character. I made an elf but didn't want to use magic and it was weird.
Um...I later started playing Daggerfall and failed at that. Morrowind was fun but the graphics are so bad and it's so buggy. I came back to Oblivion and really liked it. I have been playing it here recently with a new Norn character and just recently got bit by a vampire so now I'm infected with Vampirism.

I played Skyrim for a little bit but my friend ruined it for me...she kept telling me where to go and what to do and when people try to control my game like that, it kinda turns me off of it for awhile. I might go back to it someday though and play as a werewolf. I heard that's fun :D
  • Edit
Chumpkins_ wrote:I just really hope they don't turn it into an mmo.
Elder Scrolls Online is pretty much an MMO, but it's handled really well and it's not actually that bad.
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added information from double post. In the future, please use the edit feature of your previous post to include additional information. Thank you~ ♪

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 am

Please take care to avoid double posting in the future, Element02. You can always edit your previous post instead if you have something more to add. ^^; Thanks~

I'm still on the wall about ESO. Social anxiety is tolerable with friends and I think my computer is powerful enough to run it... it's still fairly pricey though, and I'd rather get it if my close bud is interested in getting it, too. Not really in a mad rush. Still enjoying Skyrim when I can be bothered to play it. :'D
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:31 am

Neamara wrote:I'm still on the wall about ESO. Social anxiety is tolerable with friends and I think my computer is powerful enough to run it... it's still fairly pricey though, and I'd rather get it if my close bud is interested in getting it, too. Not really in a mad rush.
Same for me.
I was thinking of getting it this year but my laptop broke (it wouldn't have been powerful enough anyway). I could always get the console version, but still not in a rush to get it.
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Chumpkins_ wrote:
Neamara wrote:I'm still on the wall about ESO. Social anxiety is tolerable with friends and I think my computer is powerful enough to run it... it's still fairly pricey though, and I'd rather get it if my close bud is interested in getting it, too. Not really in a mad rush.
Same for me.
I was thinking of getting it this year but my laptop broke (it wouldn't have been powerful enough anyway). I could always get the console version, but still not in a rush to get it.
If any of you two get it, that'd be awesome! I'd totally play with ya'll on it. Orsinium just came out and so far, it's amazing. Bear mounts, bear cub and goat pets, a huge and new mountainous region with an interesting plotline and fun little side quests, I'm definitely not disappointed with it! Plus I need more friends to play ESO with, it is really fun to play with your pals. The game really has improved since launch a LOT and I'm glad people are starting to see that and give the game a go!

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria