The Elder Scrolls

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

RigorM0RTIS
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by RigorM0RTIS » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:53 am

Oh man I love The Elder Scrolls. I only ever got to play Skyrim and a wee bit of Arena (DOSbox is annoying to use)and Oblivion (can't access Xbox 360 currently so I haven't been able to play much) but what I've played thus far has been amazing.

And I can't stop making characters with TES basis. I just adore the world and its lore and characters too much.

Jewelz wrote:Does anyone else like to try draw their character/s?
I do. All the time. I draw all of my characters, and some (a lot) of my characters aren't even in-game characters. I'm also really into giving my characters really in-depth development and enjoy roleplaying them, either in-game or Elsweyr.

...does anyone get the pun?

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:10 pm

• I used to have Skyrim on my computer. Unfortunately, it was from a different site other than Bethseda's original site and it still many hours for it to download. However, it was fun while it lasted because I had managed to remove the game from my computer when I believed that it had no other purpose when I abandoned it for a while. I've tried to try out the online version, but I thought that downloading it was a waste of time and money. It wouldn't move past 80%/90% for some reason and I felt like I had to stop it. I still prefer Skyrim. I might get into Oblivion or something else, though.

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:49 pm

In case you haven't heard, The Elder Scrolls Online is going buy-to-play on March 17th; no more monthly subscription required. (They are, however, offering an optional one that' gives an xp boost and credits toward the cash shop access to all DLC when it comes out so that you don't have to purchase DLC seperately.) PS4/XBOne release date is in June and it'll work the same way.

I'm really enjoying Elder Scrolls Online. :D If you're interested, I've reviewed it here: http://blog.uesp.net/index.php/2015/02/ ... ion-of-eso
██████████████

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:26 am

I've only ever played Skyrim, of all the games in the series. But I really am enjoying it so far.

Good to hear Elder Scrolls Online is dropping the monthly subscription! As I said, I am enjoying Skyrim, but I don't enjoy the lack of multiplayer interaction. So that's incentive to buy it right there, personally without having to worry about additional costs, otherwise I would have joined and paid up for it already. Thanks for sharing, Kipcha. :)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:31 am

Neamara wrote:I've only ever played Skyrim, of all the games in the series. But I really am enjoying it so far.

Good to hear Elder Scrolls Online is dropping the monthly subscription! As I said, I am enjoying Skyrim, but I don't enjoy the lack of multiplayer interaction. So that's incentive to buy it right there, personally without having to worry about additional costs, otherwise I would have joined and paid up for it already. Thanks for sharing, Kipcha. :)
I'm in the same boat as you. I've only ever played Skyrim, and I have thought of playing ESO. I just don't have the money to pay for three subscriptions(XBL and SWTOR being the ones I already have).

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:02 am

I've played a bit of Oblivion and quite a bit of Skyrim and got an ESO subscription when it came out, and I personally found it disappointing.. I'm not big on multiplayer games and didn't bother properly getting through early game, though, so I might be too quick to judge, but it just wasn't worth the money in my opinion. Think I might give it a try when the subscription fee is no longer a thing, but at the same time I feel like that might affect the community. @~@ decisions, decisions!

psychologist
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by psychologist » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:09 am

I honestly started with skyrim before I got Oblivion :I
I really enjoyed playing these,and i probably will look forward to get morrowind aswell c:

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Neamara wrote:I've only ever played Skyrim, of all the games in the series. But I really am enjoying it so far.

CaffeineCollie wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you. I've only ever played Skyrim, and I have thought of playing ESO. I just don't have the money to pay for three subscriptions(XBL and SWTOR being the ones I already have).

I would DEFINITELY recommend it to you guys. : ) I'm an avid fan of ESO (mostly because ELDER SCROLLS, MAN), but it is really fun and there is a lot to do and a variety of places to explore. The game really challenges you as well, but in a way that you will know what you're doing. The crafting system is also very easy and I actually find it fun. The new Justice system though, man, it's gotten me SOOO sidetracked and I'll spend days just pickpocketing people and running from the guards for some sweet money, so yeah, the Justice system is AMAZING. There's also pets, mounts, costumes to buy and a few familiar characters, some you'll only recognize however if you're into the lore, which this game adds a LOT of, by the way. Lore is my love, and if it's yours, yes, buy this game.

ALSO IF YOU GUYS GET THIS GAME PLZ TELL ME AND WE PLAY TOGETHER K

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:46 pm

I'm willing to take a look. It will probably be in May at the earliest as that is when I'm done with school.

You have me on Skype, so if you have any tips or hints before I start please let me know. ^^

Keytone
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Keytone » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:05 am

I'd love to try Skyrim, but there's no way my laptop could handle it. When I get a new one, though- who knows.
-
Icon - Riceboy

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:27 am

Psst, the Skyrim Legendary Edition is 50% off now on Steam, if any of you are interested!

EDIT- actually, not just Skyrim is on sale, Morrowind and Oblivion are 66% off-

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/quakecon (for some reason it doesn't seem to link to the appropriate page but just click the Quakecon banner :'D)

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:08 pm

My first Elder Scrolls game was Oblivion. After I beat that a few times (okay, maybe more than a few...), I moved onto Morrowind. I couldn't get into Morrowind for some reason though, I don't know why. I might pick it up and try to beat it again eventually.

I love Skyrim - its probably my favourite in the series. There are so many mods for it that make it more fun to play, add immersion, add different quests and lands...etc. The only gripe I have about Skyrim is the Dark Brotherhood isn't as fun to play through as was Oblivion's.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Going to try and get this for my laptop since I won't be taking my PS3 to college (that and now Skyrim freezes on it). Too bad I missed the sale! This is one of my favorite games.

IntelligentWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Stitch, IWolf

Post by IntelligentWolf » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 pm

I played Skyrim until my save file got corrupted (RIP Level 53 sneak-thief Khajiit packarat) and I LOVE ESO!! I play a Khajiit sneak thief (Sensing a pattern yet? XD) My twin plays as well, we were originally going to share my Skyrim Khajiit since I have it for the PS3 but I hogged it hehe.... We now can both enjoy playing together in ESO! We bought the game during the "Welcome Back!" Weekend for beta testers who didn't buy the game before then XD I also play Oblivion, although not as much even though I like it, the graphics sometimes give me a headache and I am not capable of closing the stinking portals that opened up after saving that one town xD
My deviantart profile: http://intelligentwolf.deviantart.com/

Updating my profile, so things are a bit messy.

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:48 am

Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. Probably best games I've played. I haven't gotten to play the first two games, though. (btw I heard somewhere that Daggerfall is free)

I actually just made two Dunmer sisters in Skyrim. They aren't Dragonborn and they live in the same universe as my actual Dragonborn character, a werewolf Khajiit warrior. One of them is goody-goody and part of the imperials, and the other is evil and stuff but still loves her sister yo.

And yes I draw my characters all the time. I write stories about them too.
Actually, sometimes I take characters I have in one game and see what they would do in another game's scenario. For example I ask myself "What would my Oblivion character do if I put her in Skyrim and made her Dragonborn?" And then I act out as her in Skyrim. Anybody else do that?