The Elder Scrolls

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: The Elder Scrolls

Post by Koa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Vakarian wrote:i just got all 75 achievements on skyrim special edition...ha
took 90-ish hours but i've never done a 100% achievement playthrough of any game so i'm proud:')
It's only been like, a month since the game came out! That's impressive.

I didn't download SE for fear my mods would be affected.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Koa wrote:I didn't download SE for fear my mods would be affected.
Depends on what mods you use. If any of your mods needed SKSE or SkyUI, those mods definitely will not work with SE until SKSE gets updated for it... which it hasn't yet, and there's no estimate for when that'll happen. Other mods that don't use SKSE seem to be iffy, but a lot of them (at least the more popular ones) have been updated for SE. It does seem to have some weird glitch where you can only have 3-5 mods enabled at a time, and if you tried to enable more then you'd be stuck with an eternal loading screen. That one maaay have been fixed by now, either by Bethesda or by mod creators, but it seemed to be a somewhat common issue when I last experimented with mods with SE a couple weeks ago. I haven't tried it again recently because non-heavily modded Skyrim is something I haven't experienced in a while, and a lot of what I had in the original version needed SKSE and/or SkyUI anyway.

Although either way, SE is a separate thing entirely and you can have both the original and SE installed, so the presence of SE shouldn't have any effect on mods being used in the original.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Yeah, I know they're separate; if I can't play SE with all my current mods/not have them affected when I installed SE/tried to install them for SE, then it's not worth it for me. I would rather stick to the original with mods. I actually think all of the mods I use need SKSE.

TacticianLyra
Pup
Pup

Post by TacticianLyra » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Skyrim. AKA the game I've poured 2000+ hours into and don't regret a single second of.
Alas, I have to wait until a major mod I use gets updated, since the update will have changes requiring a fresh start...I do not want to waste any progress. :|

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:45 pm

I got the Special Edition a few days ago.

Ironically, its not anything special. Sure, it runs a little bit smoother & the graphics are a little bit prettier, but that's about it. I hope there will be an SKSE for it soon.

Oh, and you can still have mods while still getting achievements. If you search skyrim SE nexus, a mod will come up that you just place into your main Skyrim Data folder and it'll enable achievements no matter if you have mods or use the console or not. Its amazing.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Shatto
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shatto » Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:I got the Special Edition a few days ago.

Ironically, its not anything special. Sure, it runs a little bit smoother & the graphics are a little bit prettier, but that's about it. I hope there will be an SKSE for it soon.

Oh, and you can still have mods while still getting achievements. If you search skyrim SE nexus, a mod will come up that you just place into your main Skyrim Data folder and it'll enable achievements no matter if you have mods or use the console or not. Its amazing.
The great thing about the update is that it enables more ram to be used. Which means much larger mods can be made now with less lag.

Khajiit is my favorite race, with Bosmer and Dunmer second and third respectively.

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Fri May 19, 2017 10:15 am

Hmm, I play this on occasion when I'm not too mad at how many times I die XD

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Khajiit is getting new wares this week (eso! yass!)
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:32 pm

I've been itching to play Skyrim. I haven't played it since before I studied abroad and haven't been able to pick it back up because I have to send in my laptop again.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:02 pm

At the moment I take back saying I'm gonna play ESO soon, because with this issue, idk when or if I'll actually be able to play the game.
Spoiler
Show
Having a code problem with ESO and finding little proper support. Supposedly the game registration code is 'invalid'. And it's not something sketchy, like a rip-off or used game; last year, my folks bought the game at Target, which is a reputable source, and the game is brand new. Now that I'm old enough to use the game, I registered for my account yesterday and that seemed to work fine. But today I tried putting in the game registration code, and it won't accept it, despite the fact that I re-typed it a bunch of times and tried two different browsers. Tried their support page, then tried their help ticket...thing, which is apparently just some drop-down lists of problems, and if you can't find your problem, I guess you're screwed if you can't get on the forums (since their email is 'noreply' and their forums require some 'invitation code'...wat). The only thing I can think is that I didn't buy Morrowind; I'd bought Tamriel Unlimited, but I didn't think those expensive updates/expansions were required for you to play the game. I thought you just couldn't access the new content or whatever (like in WoW when my dad couldn't get to part of the Stranglethorn map before he installed an expansion). And unless I'm wrong, the game automatically updates; it says 'Morrowind and patch' when I open it. Either way, whether it's a derp on my part or not, it'd be nice if they had a not-impossible-to-access, actually helpful help system.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

Good vibes

ArisenFlames
Name: Ari, Flames, Flame

Post by ArisenFlames » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:36 am

Windstrider wrote:At the moment I take back saying I'm gonna play ESO soon, because with this issue, idk when or if I'll actually be able to play the game.
Spoiler
Show
Having a code problem with ESO and finding little proper support. Supposedly the game registration code is 'invalid'. And it's not something sketchy, like a rip-off or used game; last year, my folks bought the game at Target, which is a reputable source, and the game is brand new. Now that I'm old enough to use the game, I registered for my account yesterday and that seemed to work fine. But today I tried putting in the game registration code, and it won't accept it, despite the fact that I re-typed it a bunch of times and tried two different browsers. Tried their support page, then tried their help ticket...thing, which is apparently just some drop-down lists of problems, and if you can't find your problem, I guess you're screwed if you can't get on the forums (since their email is 'noreply' and their forums require some 'invitation code'...wat). The only thing I can think is that I didn't buy Morrowind; I'd bought Tamriel Unlimited, but I didn't think those expensive updates/expansions were required for you to play the game. I thought you just couldn't access the new content or whatever (like in WoW when my dad couldn't get to part of the Stranglethorn map before he installed an expansion). And unless I'm wrong, the game automatically updates; it says 'Morrowind and patch' when I open it. Either way, whether it's a derp on my part or not, it'd be nice if they had a not-impossible-to-access, actually helpful help system.
I think that requires a replacement code from the retailer (if you still have the receipt)... Otherwise, you can effectively push your way through Support by choosing the most appropriate category you can think of if you can't find an exact category. (also you don't need the expansions to play the game, you just need the base game) Good luck!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:26 am

ArisenFlames wrote:
Windstrider wrote:At the moment I take back saying I'm gonna play ESO soon, because with this issue, idk when or if I'll actually be able to play the game.
Spoiler
Show
I think that requires a replacement code from the retailer (if you still have the receipt)... Otherwise, you can effectively push your way through Support by choosing the most appropriate category you can think of if you can't find an exact category. (also you don't need the expansions to play the game, you just need the base game) Good luck!
Hm. Idk if the receipt is still around because my dad had bought it at the store literally a year ago, but he keeps a lot of stuff, so maybe. I think it's so weird that they don't just have a help ticket like the one on dA for example, where you can actually type your problem out exactly instead of choosing from a canned list.

Good vibes

ArisenFlames
Name: Ari, Flames, Flame

Post by ArisenFlames » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:38 am

Windstrider wrote:Hm. Idk if the receipt is still around because my dad had bought it at the store literally a year ago, but he keeps a lot of stuff, so maybe. I think it's so weird that they don't just have a help ticket like the one on dA for example, where you can actually type your problem out exactly instead of choosing from a canned list.
To be honest I think it's because with such a big userbase, it allows filtering of tickets to different departments of Support. (Also they probably predicted that by force-filtering the tickets it will deter people from putting one in and reduce the total number of tickets so they won't be swamped). I've been playing ESO since March 2014 and I can say that this ticket filter system is only a few months old and brand new. The old system was much more open like what you described but I can imagine this meant people were sending tickets in for every little thing/question (When I worked on a petsite as Support staff I used to have this problem, where people unnecessarily treated tickets like FAQ). I can understand your frustration user-side though! Just looking from a different point of view c:

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:16 am

ArisenFlames wrote:
Windstrider wrote:Hm. Idk if the receipt is still around because my dad had bought it at the store literally a year ago, but he keeps a lot of stuff, so maybe. I think it's so weird that they don't just have a help ticket like the one on dA for example, where you can actually type your problem out exactly instead of choosing from a canned list.
To be honest I think it's because with such a big userbase, it allows filtering of tickets to different departments of Support. (Also they probably predicted that by force-filtering the tickets it will deter people from putting one in and reduce the total number of tickets so they won't be swamped). I've been playing ESO since March 2014 and I can say that this ticket filter system is only a few months old and brand new. The old system was much more open like what you described but I can imagine this meant people were sending tickets in for every little thing/question (When I worked on a petsite as Support staff I used to have this problem, where people unnecessarily treated tickets like FAQ). I can understand your frustration user-side though! Just looking from a different point of view c:
I can see the point, it's just too bad it ended up that way. Some people (whether rule-breakers or people who don't bother to read things like the faq) kinda make things harder for the rest of us. Too bad it deters people who actually have a problem; it's not even an in-game glitch; it's a problem where I can't even play the game. Well ima try the things you suggested.

Edit: Ok my dad found the receipt; gonna see if that works.

Good vibes

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:23 pm

i've been playing a lot of Skyrim on the Xbox One lately

i think i'd be having more fun if it weren't for the fact that installing mods disables achievements, i've been more focused on trying to 100% it so I can feel okay using mods and play it the way I played Legendary Edition on the PC (which i plan to do when I get home... i just need to set up my mods and tools and everything), where i just explored and did whatever i felt like doing. sure i COULD play with mods anyway, but i'd feel pretty cheated if i did that and did things that would earn achievements but they didn't get added to my profile...

i'm almost there though, just have a few questlines I gotta finish and some Dragonborn related stuff

SolitaryHowl wrote:Oh, and you can still have mods while still getting achievements. If you search skyrim SE nexus, a mod will come up that you just place into your main Skyrim Data folder and it'll enable achievements no matter if you have mods or use the console or not. Its amazing.

that's only for PC users of SE :(
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack