The Legend of Zelda Series

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Do you like this game?

YES!
91%
No D:
5%
It was okay
5%

Total votes: 285

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Re: The Legend of Zelda Series

Post by Kereudio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:36 am

Vah Naboris's is the best quest ever and I encourage you to do that one next because it's just so funny (bring mighty bananas with you)
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:38 am

yeah, i know, i've seen playthroughs and stuff. im actually saving that one for the end, simply because of how hard the boss looks.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Kereudio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:40 am

oh pft okay, yeah, I saved that one for last as well, mostly because I needed the Colosseum to keep on giving me royal weapons (it switches to elemental weapons when you've done all 4 beasts), and yeah, I wasn't looking forward to Thunderblight again. I knew his pattern well but it's just, annoying if you miss or grab the wrong rod, or worst yet... forget to target
osamu dazai

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:47 am

yeah i actually watched my brother beat it and
"careful, this thing's fast!"
my brother, sarcastically: "careful this thing's fas-"
*knockout*

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Kereudio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:57 am

when she said "this thing's fast" i honest to god did not expect it zipping around to come and murder me but here we are and i screamed the first time it did that
osamu dazai

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Completed BotW a few months back and have replayed/am still in the process of replaying it across various side-profiles and even consoles. I've completed Champion's Ballad only once and am still in progress with the Master Trials on my main Switch profile. I personally found the game to be very well-thought-out and it is certainly deserving of the awards it has won. It has fast become one of my favourite Zelda titles next to/just under Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I'm still adjusting to the presence of voice acting (ha) and I'm liking all the neat little references scattered across Hyrule. I look forward to its successor if the franchise continues with this direction. ^^

I did see a couple of glitches - especially one shader flaw at the Bridge of Hylia and a couple of issues with NPCs (a Lizalfos stuck in t-pose, a Zora handling her weapon improperly) - though these mostly occurred after I had completed the game and moved on to another profile to replay. Apart from that I would strongly recommend playing this game at a leisurely pace. :)
Spoiler
Show
Main campaign: I honestly found the final confrontation with Ganon underwhelming and the end game sequence disappointing; for comparison, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time both had more satisfying final confrontations and conclusions. BotW Ganon only had two phases, with the first one being way too easy if the Divine Beasts have been appeased.

DLC 2: I thought it was ... it was good but also had its fair share of meh? Like the final fight was definitely challenging, but overall I'm still disappointed with the Master Cycle. It's good in a pinch, but otherwise I'll stick with Epona or any of my other horses. I can't even explain but it just seems so underwhelming to me.

Miscellaneous: Too many Koroks. Please no. Stop this nonsense. The majority of my main Switch profile's playtime has been spent trying to 100% complete the game so now I'm just stuck hunting for Koroks. Nintendo no why so many of them this is the evillest thing you could have done. On another note I'm enjoying periodically playing Hero Mode. Yep. No regrets whatsoever.
Okumuras wrote:you have to spawn her in with the smash bros link amiibo though, which last i checked was going on amazon for no less than $30 =_=
I seem to recall reading somewhere that that the Rider Link amiibo also works for spawning Epona in later versions. Planning to test it out to see whether or not she spawns.
alethe wrote:yeah i actually watched my brother beat it and
"careful, this thing's fast!"
my brother, sarcastically: "careful this thing's fas-"
*knockout*
Okumuras wrote:when she said "this thing's fast" i honest to god did not expect it zipping around to come and murder me but here we are and i screamed the first time it did that
I left Vah Naboris until last and I must confess that I ended up regretting it when Thunderblight started zipping around. It turned quickly from "good not long before I can finish this quest" to "keep calm and oH HYLIA NO". Too many deaths for Link that day. ;-;
Okumuras wrote:oh pft okay, yeah, I saved that one for last as well, mostly because I needed the Colosseum to keep on giving me royal weapons (it switches to elemental weapons when you've done all 4 beasts)
Huh. I knew about it being a good source of elemental weapons, but I didn't even know it could offer royal weapons before completing the Divine Beast dungeons... then again I avoided it like the plague early in the game solely because of that Lyonel.
Okumuras wrote:Vah Naboris's is the best quest ever and I encourage you to do that one next because it's just so funny (bring mighty bananas with you)
tHE BEST. :'D
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Admiral Moonfire
Pup
Pup

Post by Admiral Moonfire » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:36 am

Neamara wrote:
Okumuras wrote:you have to spawn her in with the smash bros link amiibo though, which last i checked was going on amazon for no less than $30 =_=
I seem to recall reading somewhere that that the Rider Link amiibo also works for spawning Epona in later versions. Planning to test it out to see whether or not she spawns.
I was using the Rider Link amiibo a few weeks ago to get the Traveler's Saddle/Bridle and I had to scan/reload quite a few times to finally get them--definitely didn't spawn Epona for me.

Love the game though. I got the Wii U version on release day, and now I'm just finishing up odds and ends on that file, so I started a Master Mode file on the Switch. Last time I played I spent several hours taming horses. Haven't done even one divine beast on that file yet. xD
Last edited by Admiral Moonfire on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
~•° °•~
"The future doesn't change. You change the future!" -Playmaker
°• . •°
Character and avatar © Me.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:38 am

Yeah, I've been scanning it in and reloading on a new save close to the wild horses by the Great Plateau pretty much immediately after completing the tutorial but there's been no sign of Epona. Guess I might have mistaken that with another game. ^^;
  • Update:
Turns out I had confused it with Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo where it does spawn an Epona villager. >.< My bad!

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Kereudio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:46 pm

oh yeah i was about to say I have the rider link amiibo and I don't recall it scanning in Epona, and I've scanned it a few times for when I need some of the other supplies it drops. I mean, I do have Epona though, so it's not a big deal.

I am a bit sad we can't change her tack out tho. Her hair I get not changing, and her tack is special, it'd just be cool to be able to put the ancient horse gear on her and teleport her to you whenever :P
osamu dazai

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm on the fence about BotW. It is a good game, just not a good Zelda game.

I am glad I didn't buy the Switch for it, because I would have been angry. It is definitely not worth buying a whole new console for
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:58 am

I've started the Vah Naboris quest line and am at the point where I have to go inside the actual beast. I'm intimidated now. At least I have plenty of bananas. ಠ_ಠ
SolitaryHowl wrote:I'm on the fence about BotW. It is a good game, just not a good Zelda game.

I am glad I didn't buy the Switch for it, because I would have been angry. It is definitely not worth buying a whole new console for
I bought my Switch with Mario Odyssey and Kart and didn't actually buy my own copy of Zelda, but I feel like I wouldn't necessarily have been bothered if I did solely get the Switch to play Zelda with (for the time being), given how many hours you can pour into it. That said, though, it's a lot of money to spend for one game. Good thing they did release a WiiU version for those with a WiiU.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue May 01, 2018 5:06 am

I've played Ocarina of Time, and I really enjoyed it. It was also satisfying finding more pieces of heart than my brother.

I love how involved games from The Legend of Zelda series usually are. There's often a lot to do, whether it's fighting, puzzle solving, or just exploring.

I must admit, the temples can get a little tricky or repetitive in Ocarina of Time, but it's very satisfying once you clear them. Believe it or not, I think my personal favourite is the water temple.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue May 01, 2018 12:58 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:I've played Ocarina of Time, and I really enjoyed it. It was also satisfying finding more pieces of heart than my brother.

I love how involved games from The Legend of Zelda series usually are. There's often a lot to do, whether it's fighting, puzzle solving, or just exploring.

I must admit, the temples can get a little tricky or repetitive in Ocarina of Time, but it's very satisfying once you clear them. Believe it or not, I think my personal favourite is the water temple.
The lack of temples is one of the things I hated from BotW. Yeah, sure, there are like 120 shrines scattered everywhere, but you don't get the same feeling of accomplishment.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue May 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Oof, I'm not a fan of water temples. Probably doesn't help that I played the N64 version of Ocarina of Time back when I was a kid back when that temple was slightly more confusing and frustrating to navigate and had very little going in on the way of visual guidance, but I'm glad they made up for that in the 3DS remake. I also love that specific title enough to have played it through to completion a few times on both consoles. ^^ Or maybe I'm still biased about it because OoT was my first Zelda game.
Spoiler
Show
It still saddens me that they didn't expand upon the story in the 3DS version with the "Ura Zelda" expansion even if it was an unlock to be played separately post-completion. Can't help but wonder if we'll ever see this game in a truly completed state.
SolitaryHowl wrote:The lack of temples is one of the things I hated from BotW. Yeah, sure, there are like 120 shrines scattered everywhere, but you don't get the same feeling of accomplishment.
Yeah, I'm still a bit iffy with with that too. With all these new mechanics, it would've been interesting seeing how many ways you could beat temples...

-Revan-
Pup
Pup
Name: Revan

Post by -Revan- » Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:I'm on the fence about BotW. It is a good game, just not a good Zelda game.

I strongly disagree. (Almost) every Zelda game tries something different (two forms/3-day time system/motion control/open world), just because this one doesn't appeal to some people doesn't make it any less of a Zelda game. I, personally, have never been able to fully enjoy a Zelda game because of the (obnoxiously long, in my own opinion) dungeons, they've just never been able to hold my interest, so BotW was perfect for me, and it held most of the same Zelda elements to still give me the same feel in the gameplay. Also worth noting, there've been other games in the series that didn't feature long dungeons, like the original LoZ! So it seems unfair to classify this one as "not a good Zelda game".

Turning the formula on its head worked out for Pokemon Sun & Moon, and it has certainly worked out for BotW. I think it's great that the game has allowed people like me to finally enjoy the series to its full extent, and while Twilight Princess was my favorite Zelda game, I would probably say it's now BotW. Perhaps even my favorite game on the Switch.

I understand that some people like long dungeons and puzzles. That's great! It's just not for me. Open world / shorter dungeons is for me though, and I'm sure there's others out there like me that feel the same way. Everyone likes different experiences and enjoys things in different ways, and it was certainly a wonderful Zelda game to me ❤
╔═══━━━━ ━━━━═══╗
ʜᴇʟʟᴏ, ʜᴇʟʟᴏ? ᴀɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ?
'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴀ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ
ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪꜱ
ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴍɪꜱꜱ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
╚═══━━━━ ━━━━═══╝