The Legend of Zelda Series

Discuss other games. (Video games, tabletop games, etc.)

Moderator: Neamara

Do you like this game?

YES!
91%
No D:
5%
It was okay
5%

Total votes: 285

Element02
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: The Legend of Zelda Series

Post by Element02 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:56 am

I started playing the Zelda games when they had "Ages" and "Seasons" on the GBC...
Then like most people my age, I play Ocarina of time on the N64, and I really liked it but those games are so hard! To this day I always get 80% of the way through a Zelda game and then get stuck, and I'm too stubborn to get the guide for it.

But right now I own Ocarina of time (for N64 and my 3DS), I have "Link between Worlds" for the 3DS, and I just got the DEMO for Tri-force heroes which should be really good since it's a multiplayer. I also have Twilight Princess for the Wii, and would really like to try Skyward Sword (even though most people did not like that game too much).

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Did you guys see the new Breath of the Wild footage?

It looks fantastic; I really hope I'll be able to afford (and justify) picking up the new console when both that and this new game swing around.

I quite like the visual style they went with as well... I don't think it will quite beat the gloomier vibe of Twilight Princess for me, but it's nice to see they keep experimenting with the mood and look of the game. The music is great, too!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Anduril wrote:Did you guys see the new Breath of the Wild footage?

It looks fantastic; I really hope I'll be able to afford (and justify) picking up the new console when both that and this new game swing around.

I quite like the visual style they went with as well... I don't think it will quite beat the gloomier vibe of Twilight Princess for me, but it's nice to see they keep experimenting with the mood and look of the game. The music is great, too!
No, I haven't seen that trailer yet. Thanks for posting!

And holy...it looks fantastic! I'm glad it's coming to the Wii U too, my Wii U that I bought last year has sort of been collecting dust. Kind of disappointed about the lack of exclusive Zelda titles (and Metroid titles) for it, but maybe this game will make up for it.

And as always the music is absolutely wonderful. Can't say I'm a fan of the title's name and the graphics (cell shading), but if the graphics works well in-game, then I'm sure it'll be fine. I guess its supposed to be a hybrid between TP's and WW's graphics?
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm not too sure on the character animation but I love those backgrounds and environments! Super pumped for this, in general. There goes all my money.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:12 pm

I love the art style, but then again I was always a sucker for the style of WW.

Also when I saw that you can use the Wolf Link amiibo in BotW, I had to go and buy TP to get one. I forgot that it's been ages since I've played TP; should be a fun refresher.

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Ooo, it looks awesome! I love Zelda so much <3

alethe

Post by alethe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:57 pm

im currently obsessed with breath of the wild
help me

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

Geronino
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Ari!

Post by Geronino » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 pm

harrishawk wrote:im currently obsessed with breath of the wild
help me
Relatable
`·.`·.`·.`·.`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´.·´.·´.·´.·´
ι нανє ησт ƒαιє
ι'νє נυѕт ƒσυη 10,000 ωαуѕ тнαт ωση'т ωσяк
`.¸¸.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´.¸¸.´
:: av/sig/quote/LupinzPack/Samber/Thomas A. Edison ::

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:36 pm

BotW is certainly an interesting entry in the franchise. I have enjoyed (and am still enjoying!) this game more than I thought I would. :D I really, really need to stop my Majora's Mask 3D replay to instead focus on re-completing Twilight Princess on Wii U and get my Wolf Link amiibo's hearts upgraded... hoping to take advantage of some alone time to get that done next week. Heh.
The Chemist wrote:Relatable
Please make sure your posts contain no less than three words (excluding smilies and quotes from other members' posts) as anything less is considered SPAM. The only exceptions to this rule have been provided here.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Geronino
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Ari!

Post by Geronino » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Neamara wrote:
The Chemist wrote:Relatable
Please make sure your posts contain no less than three words (excluding smilies and quotes from other members' posts) as anything less is considered SPAM. The only exceptions to this rule have been provided here.
Sorry about that! D:

I don't have TP for the Wii U, so as such I unfortunately can't use the Wolf Link amiibo in BotW... But the remake of the game looks so amazing. The graphics are smoother and yet manage to keep the dark essence of the original game.
`·.`·.`·.`·.`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´.·´.·´.·´.·´
ι нανє ησт ƒαιє
ι'νє נυѕт ƒσυη 10,000 ωαуѕ тнαт ωση'т ωσяк
`.¸¸.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´.¸¸.´
:: av/sig/quote/LupinzPack/Samber/Thomas A. Edison ::

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 am

I haven't played Breath of the Wild all that much compared to some others ever since it came out - it's so time-consuming! Whenever I do pick it up for a couple of hours, though, I absolutely love it. There is so much to do to the point I feel overwhelmed at times, but when I get in a certain flow it's hard to put it back down.. which is what happened the past couple of days.

I basically finally reached the Korok Forest. The Koroks are so adorable. I love finding them throughout the open world as well, hahah. I also managed to get the big horse tamed (after some struggle with stamina foods). Not sure what I'm doing next.. I'll probably go back to shrine hunting.

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:36 am

Anduril wrote:Whenever I do pick it up for a couple of hours, though, I absolutely love it.
There's a reason I call it my depression game tbh. It's easier to lay in bed and play botw for hours on end than do absolutely nothing, and nothing quite compares to the therapeutic nature of riding Epona across Hyrule.

This is my second playthrough since my original was on a wii u I didn't own, and I finally, finally, finally got back to where I was progress wise, this time with way better and way more armor ;-) I have yet to finish the champions ballad DLC, but I saw screenshots of one of the new memories and I cried deeply at baby Sidon and his big sister
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:20 am

mayaafeys wrote:
Anduril wrote:Whenever I do pick it up for a couple of hours, though, I absolutely love it.
There's a reason I call it my depression game tbh. It's easier to lay in bed and play botw for hours on end than do absolutely nothing, and nothing quite compares to the therapeutic nature of riding Epona across Hyrule.

This is my second playthrough since my original was on a wii u I didn't own, and I finally, finally, finally got back to where I was progress wise, this time with way better and way more armor ;-) I have yet to finish the champions ballad DLC, but I saw screenshots of one of the new memories and I cried deeply at baby Sidon and his big sister
Haha! I admittedly did pick it back up in a rut of losing days due to staring off in to space where I was supposed to do other things - I decided to not care about my responsibilities for one day, and just zone out with a game instead. Most attention I've been able to pay to anything, and it helped my overall attention span as well. I didn't know Epona was in BotW, though! :O I do have the Wolf Link amiibo; makes for some delightful exploring with the little wolf going everywhere.

As for the DLC, I haven't picked it up yet. I feel like I've got tons and tons more to do in the vanilla game before it's even necessary for me to buy it. The size of the map continues to overwhelm me.

Kereudio
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Maya

Post by Kereudio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:27 am

ye she is! you have to spawn her in with the smash bros link amiibo though, which last i checked was going on amazon for no less than $30 =_=

as for the DLC... idk man... you get a cool bike with the champions ballad... ya suuuure you don't want iiit? :-)
i say still not having completed the dungeon for that DLC let alone the new memories and honestly just end me
I was writing in order to live.
osamu dazai

av: lupinzpack

alethe

Post by alethe » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 am

ugh, i haven't had any time to play because school. :/ I want to, though. i've only finished one divine beast, vah medoh, but i have gotten the master sword. ive been kinda skipping around.
i've registered vah ruta on my map as a travel point, haven't done much with the other two besides visit the towns and start the missions.

ARE YOU A JEDI ?